cat art goes conceptual

Old November 4th 08, 04:53 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
tanadashoes

Default cat art goes conceptual

"John F. Eldredge" wrote in message
On Mon, 03 Nov 2008 22:59:12 -0500, tanadashoes wrote:

Haggis is one of the drawbacks of going there. I don't do gut cuisine.

Pam S. gagging

If you eat any form of sausage, including hot dogs, you have probably
"done gut cuisine" without knowing it.

I know, but the stuff hates me. I used to love bratwurst, Genesee Sausage
(specialty item from Idaho), Kielbasa, etc. But it isn't worth living in
the reading room after I eat it. The very idea of haggis gets to me. I
don't know if I'd like it if I didn't know I was eating it, but I don't want
to try to find out either.

Pam S. .

Old November 5th 08, 10:53 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Jack Campin - bogus address

Do you think she'll post a web site for it? If so, please let us
know. I love the idea and would love to see it. Another reason to
visit Scotland.

We went to see it but it was a temporary installation and she'd already
taken the sound equipment away. I've asked if she'll put up a YouTube
video of it.

Pam S. who already has tons of reasons to go there

Well, there's the haggis.... :P

Haggis is one of the drawbacks of going there. I don't do gut cuisine.

It's not all that easily available. Most supermarkets don't stock it,
and so few people do any real cooking these days that it doesn't have
much of a market. I don't cook it all that often as it takes a long
time. Mostly when I've had it lately it's been in a restaurant.

Don't knock it if you haven't tried it. It's got more flavour and
lower fat content than any burger. At least with haggis you know
which organs and what species you're eating, as it all comes from
reputable butchers. See Eric Schlosser's "Fast Food Nation" for what
goes into a Happy Meal. (I don't think I've eaten in a McDonalds
for 30 years - I'd rather eat bread crusts out of a bin than do it
again).

BTW there is something in Hungarian cuisine indistinguishable from
haggis except for a different casing. I don't know what it's called,
though. I've only had it from the excellent mainly-offal restaurant
at the top of the cogwheel railway in Budapest.

==== j a c k at c a m p i n . m e . u k === http://www.campin.me.uk ====