A Joke

Old October 30th 08, 07:19 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Kyla =^..^=[_4_]

Default A Joke

What do you put on a Fractal sandwich?
Mandlebrot-wurst
*runs out of the room*

Hugs
Kyla

Old October 30th 08, 07:30 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Caroline S.

On Oct 30, 12:19*pm, "Kyla =^..^=" wrote:
What do you put on a Fractal sandwich?
Mandlebrot-wurst
*runs out of the room*

Hugs
Kyla

Groan.

(and, YAY! nerd humor! My favorite obscure nerdy joke is:
what do you get when you cross a mosquito with a mountain climber?

Nothing! You can't cross a vector with a scalar!)

Old October 30th 08, 08:04 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Kyla =^..^=[_4_]

"Caroline S." ...
On Oct 30, 12:19 pm, "Kyla =^..^=" :
What do you put on a Fractal sandwich?
Mandlebrot-wurst
*runs out of the room*

Hugs
Kyla

Groan.

(and, YAY! nerd humor! My favorite obscure nerdy joke is:
what do you get when you cross a mosquito with a mountain climber?

Nothing! You can't cross a vector with a scalar!)

Groan

Kyla

Old October 30th 08, 08:44 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
[email protected]

Caroline S. wrote:

"Kyla =^..^=" wrote:

What do you put on a Fractal sandwich?
Mandlebrot-wurst

I just watched a show about Mandelbrot and fractals *last night*. That's
quite a coincidence! (Well, maybe not - did you also just watch that show?)
It was on "Nova", a one-hour science program on public TV.

Yowie responded:

(and, YAY! nerd humor! My favorite obscure nerdy joke is:
what do you get when you cross a mosquito with a mountain climber?

Nothing! You can't cross a vector with a scalar!)

LOL!!

On the other hand, a vector and a scalar can be multiplied, can't they?
The product is another vector. (Reaching back over the years, trying to
remember...) So I guess that means that when a mountain climber and a
mosquito have children together, they produce more mosquitoes?

--
Joyce ^..^

Old October 30th 08, 11:32 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Kyla =^..^=[_4_]

bastXXXette
Caroline S. :

"Kyla =^..^=" wrote:

What do you put on a Fractal sandwich?
Mandlebrot-wurst

I just watched a show about Mandelbrot and fractals *last night*. That's
quite a coincidence! (Well, maybe not - did you also just watch that
show?)
It was on "Nova", a one-hour science program on public TV.

I've seen it before and IIRC, David Gilmour from Pink Floyd was playing the
music for the show, 'if' that was the same one. I love fractals, you can
really get lost in them I used to have a fractal screensaver,

Yowie responded:

(and, YAY! nerd humor! My favorite obscure nerdy joke is:
what do you get when you cross a mosquito with a mountain climber?

Nothing! You can't cross a vector with a scalar!)

LOL!!

On the other hand, a vector and a scalar can be multiplied, can't they?
The product is another vector. (Reaching back over the years, trying to
remember...) So I guess that means that when a mountain climber and a
mosquito have children together, they produce more mosquitoes?

LOL.
I'm kind of clueless when it comes to 'real' math, however,
even though my late Dad was a math teacher at the
same High School when I was there. "That' was fun...not.
High School 1960-63..boy that was light years ago

Kyla

--
Joyce ^..^

Old October 30th 08, 11:36 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Sjouke Burry

Kyla =^..^= wrote:
What do you put on a Fractal sandwich?
Mandlebrot-wurst
*runs out of the room*

Hugs
Kyla

A prime cut.
Old October 31st 08, 12:40 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Ted Davis[_3_]

On Thu, 30 Oct 2008 20:44:49 +0000, bastXXXette wrote:

Caroline S. wrote:

"Kyla =^..^=" wrote:

What do you put on a Fractal sandwich? Mandlebrot-wurst

I just watched a show about Mandelbrot and fractals *last night*. That's
quite a coincidence! (Well, maybe not - did you also just watch that
show?) It was on "Nova", a one-hour science program on public TV.

Yowie responded:

(and, YAY! nerd humor! My favorite obscure nerdy joke is: what do you
get when you cross a mosquito with a mountain climber?

Nothing! You can't cross a vector with a scalar!)

LOL!!

On the other hand, a vector and a scalar can be multiplied, can't they?
The product is another vector. (Reaching back over the years, trying to
remember...) So I guess that means that when a mountain climber and a
mosquito have children together, they produce more mosquitoes?

In the context of vectors, "cross" means to compute a cross product
between two 2D vectors in three space (and no scalars). Look up "cross
product" for more detail.

--

T.E.D. ) MST (Missouri University of Science and Technology)
used to be UMR (University of Missouri - Rolla).

Old October 31st 08, 12:45 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Kyla =^..^=[_4_]

"Ted Davis"
[...]

Grabs head and screams "the maaaath...the maaaaaaaath"
Kyla
Who loves the show NUMB3RS

Old October 31st 08, 01:07 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Granby

Hey Kyla, you started this...........! As my Bob used to say, if you can't
run with the Big Dogs, stay on the porch. You can sit beside me.

"Ted Davis"

Old October 31st 08, 01:10 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
[email protected]

Ted Davis wrote:

In the context of vectors, "cross" means to compute a cross product
between two 2D vectors in three space (and no scalars). Look up "cross
product" for more detail.

But you can multiply a matrix by a scalar, can't you? That's not the
same as a cross product. You just multiply each element in the matrix
by the scalar, so that each element of the resulting matrix contains
the product of the corresponding element in the original matrix and
the scalar. At least that's what I remember from linear algebra, which
I studied 28 years ago.

So, although you can't *cross* a mountain climber with a mosquito, they
can multiply.

--
Joyce ^..^

OT JOKE OF THE DAY Matthew Cat health & behaviour 2 April 27th 07 10:58 PM
Cat joke Karen Cat anecdotes 2 October 6th 06 10:31 PM
Very bad joke Yowie Cat anecdotes 6 June 16th 05 08:59 PM
OT ANOTHER Joke Kreisleriana Cat anecdotes 1 June 10th 05 07:40 PM