OT fired

Old January 22nd 09, 02:07 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
BfloPolska

Default OT fired

Again, god damn it!!!

"For economic reasons," reads the official paper I asked for when the
boss, hereinafter referred to as Douchebag, delivered the news. With
his co-schmuck in the office and another female employee, as if I was
going to tear some heads off or accuse the little rat-*******
Douchebag of committing a physical impropriety. I suppose--I devoutly
hope--this little paper will be my ticket to benefits if nothing else,
knowing and having in writing on company stationary that I was not
released for bad behavior, or lousy performance.

All the talk of the company expanding; the upgrades, the dozens of new
phone lines installed, the talk of moving into bigger, broader
quarters. Where are the new employees they go on about? I saw mediocre
collectors let go, and I wasn't even a collector. I was a putz who did
the dirty work for the high-rollers. "Support staff." The filthy
little Douchebag.

I'm scared for my babies, how am I going to take care of therm? I was
going to send out my damn cards ( late, I know, but I didn't know
until very recently where they were supposed to go!) I went and
stocked up on kibble. I will steal my own food and buy honestly for
those cats. I did it long ago with my Fritzie. Excuse me. I'm a
FREAKIN MESS right now.

Old January 22nd 09, 02:59 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
BfloPolska

On Jan 22, 12:51*am, "James Weston" wrote:
hey, get rid of the goddamn animals and feed yourself!

Already we need recipes.
Old January 22nd 09, 02:59 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Candace

On Jan 21, 7:07*pm, BfloPolska wrote:
[...]

Are you in the US, I forget? If so, you should be able to get
Unemployment for 26 weeks since the reason was economic. I thought
you were married, does your husband have an income?

Sorry for your misfortune, it's happening all too much lately and it
could happen to anyone.

Candace
Old January 22nd 09, 03:05 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
BfloPolska

On Jan 21, 9:59*pm, Candace wrote:

Are you in the US, I forget?

Indeed, right in the heart of Western New York.

*If so, you should be able to get
Unemployment for 26 weeks since the reason was economic. *I thought
you were married, does your husband have an income?

He does, and we can manage on it. JUST manage. Going au chomage, as
they say in Quebec, will help matters. At least it will keep me from
freaking out for a few weeks while I go hunting again. A lot of my
reaction is just pure freaking. Il Douche wouldn't even let me finish
out the week.

Sorry for your misfortune, it's happening all too much lately and it
could happen to anyone.

Many thanks. Lucky I have Louie and the cats, neither of whom I'd give
up. Besides, they keep me warm in our nasty winters!

Blessed be,
Baha
Old January 22nd 09, 04:13 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Jofirey

"BfloPolska" wrote in message
On Jan 21, 9:59 pm, Candace wrote:

Are you in the US, I forget?

Indeed, right in the heart of Western New York.

If so, you should be able to get
Unemployment for 26 weeks since the reason was economic. I thought
you were married, does your husband have an income?

He does, and we can manage on it. JUST manage. Going au chomage, as
they say in Quebec, will help matters. At least it will keep me from
freaking out for a few weeks while I go hunting again. A lot of my
reaction is just pure freaking. Il Douche wouldn't even let me finish
out the week.

Sorry for your misfortune, it's happening all too much lately and it
could happen to anyone.

Many thanks. Lucky I have Louie and the cats, neither of whom I'd give
up. Besides, they keep me warm in our nasty winters!

**********

On the bright side you never have to go back to that awful place
again.

There has to be something better out there for you.

Purrs that you find it soon.

Jo

Old January 22nd 09, 04:39 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Sherry

On Jan 21, 9:05*pm, BfloPolska wrote:
[...]

It's happening here all over too; the manufacturing plants have
started layoffs
and the Halliburton rumors are flying again. We're not feeling too
secure right now either.
Vent away, Baha. I know you're (rightfully) furious, and
(understandably) scared. You're
thinking straight though, when you indicated Louie and the cats are
treasures far beyond
dollars. You'll get through and a better door will open for you.
That said, I do understand the kind of stress you're feeling. It's
overwhelming, and you're
entitled to a whine & cheese party any time you like.

Sherry

Old January 22nd 09, 05:27 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Pat[_2_]

"BfloPolska" wrote

| I'm scared for my babies... I went and stocked up on kibble.

If you have savings, please go ahead and spend what you can for supplies
that have a long shelf-life, now, before the buying power of your savings
dips further. And believe me, it will, and very soon. You can't inject
trillions upon trillions of new dollars into an economy without debasing the
currency.

Yes, I know, the "bailout" a.k.a. TARP a.k.a. Bankster Take-Over Bill was
supposedly for only $850B but thanks to fractional reserve banking - whereby
a bank can lend out 90% of deposits it receives - as that money trickles
into the economy it multiplies the money in circulation (not physical bank
notes) x9.

Say for instance Party A receives $50B of the "bailout" funds and uses it to
pay some debts. The creditor(s) bank(s) make a deposit entry in their books,
then proceed to lend out 90% of that newly-created "money" to others, who
then deposit it in other banks, which then lend out 90% of that amount, and
so on to infinity. All through this process, the value of the already
existing "money" in circulation is evaporating.

A clearer analogy would go as follows: Suppose the residents of each state
in the USA had the power to write checks for whatever amounts they needed or
wanted, for one month, with the guarantee that no checks would bounce - for
that month.

The process of enabling everyone in the USA to create (that is, write good
checks for) as much money as they wanted would go in alphabetical order
starting with Alabama. During month #1, everyone in Alabama has carte
blanche to write all the checks they please for as much as they please,
without consequence. Then in month #2, it's Alaska's turn, and so on for the
next two years or so.

What do you suppose the value of your money would be when it was Wyoming's
turn? For the answer, look he

http://www.bitsofnews.com/images/gra...omy/weimar.jpg

(Burning it would make more sense than using it to buy firewood.)

Well, folks, I got news! Our new president plans on injecting AT LEAST
another $850B into the US economy right away. Isn't that just swell? He sure
is gonna upstage FDR just like Jorge Bush upstaged Herbie "Prosperity is
right around the corner" Hoover. And the upshot, boys and girls, is that
when Barky's chickens come home to roost in 2010, the USA's largest creditor
is gonna close our line of credit and come calling to collect what we owe.
Won't that be fun, boys and girls? Red Dawn in slow motion....

Old January 22nd 09, 06:33 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
tanadashoes

"Sherry" wrote in message

It's happening here all over too; the manufacturing plants have
started layoffs
and the Halliburton rumors are flying again. We're not feeling too
secure right now either.
Vent away, Baha. I know you're (rightfully) furious, and
(understandably) scared. You're
thinking straight though, when you indicated Louie and the cats are
treasures far beyond
dollars. You'll get through and a better door will open for you.
That said, I do understand the kind of stress you're feeling. It's
overwhelming, and you're
entitled to a whine & cheese party any time you like.

*****************************

Purrs, career thoughts and wishes, and virtual, cyber, crackers (Merkin) to
go with the whine and cheese coming from here. I know you'll find something
better, Baha.

Pam S.

Old January 22nd 09, 07:53 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Pat[_2_]

"Pat" wrote

| Say for instance Party A receives $50B of the "bailout" funds and uses it
| pay some debts. The creditor(s) bank(s) make a deposit entry in their
books,
| then proceed to lend out 90% of that newly-created "money" to others, who
| then deposit it in other banks, which then lend out 90% of that amount,
and
| so on to infinity. All through this process, the value of the already
| existing "money" in circulation is evaporating.

Meant to include the final analysis of this example, then lost my train of
thought.... Through the fractional reserve principle, the $50B first enables
the creation of $45B "out of thin air"; them that $45B enables the creation
of an additional $40.5B; the $40.5B enables the creation of $36.45B; and so
on down the line, with the net result of the original $50B becoming
approximately $500B.

That's half a trillion..... Thus with the full "bailout" of $850B the net
result is the addition of roughly $8.5T to the "money" supply.

It's like diluting the soup... day after day adding more water to the same
boiled bones. Nothing of value is added, and the existing value is "watered
down" until it's unable to support life.