Now that most of the shock has worn off....

Old July 5th 08, 03:49 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Jane

Default Now that most of the shock has worn off....

I got FIRED on Thursday!! There was no issues, no warning, no clue.
The project manager just said that he needed to speak to me, and that
was it. They wanted me Off The Project, and I wasn't even allowed to
me. My co-workers have to pack up the rest of my stuff.

I've been there almost exactly 4 years. Everybody seems to like me. A
couple of departments think I can walk on water because I always take
the time to take care of them properly (helping them with computer
stuff). One of my co-workers called me at home to find out details,
and he says that this is 'messed up'. Even the project manager was
****ed. There's something funny going on, and he needs ask some
questions. Meanwhile, I have full pay until the end of July, and
benefits until the end of August. That's it. 2 months to find a new
job.

I spent most of Friday evening on the phone, yelling that 'that Rat
******* FIRED me!!' I had to get that out of my system, you see,
because calling him 'that rat *******' in an interview wouldn't go
over well. *grin* Officially, this is going to be called a layoff,
so getting a new job shouldn't be a problem.

I would enjoy this 'vacation' so much more if I knew when the ending
would be.

*sigh*

The Princess Rita doesn't seem to care that I'm home. I think this is
going to hit really hard on Monday, when I have nowhere to go.

Jane
- owned and operated by the Princess Rita
Old July 5th 08, 03:58 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
tanadashoes

"Jane" wrote in message
I got FIRED on Thursday!! There was no issues, no warning, no clue.
The project manager just said that he needed to speak to me, and that
was it. They wanted me Off The Project, and I wasn't even allowed to
me. My co-workers have to pack up the rest of my stuff.

OMG! I'm so sorry Jane. This does seem rather messed up and uncalled for.
Purrs that you get a new job soonest and that it is better than this one
was.

Pam S.

Old July 5th 08, 04:08 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Adrian[_2_]

Jane wrote:
I got FIRED on Thursday!! There was no issues, no warning, no clue.
The project manager just said that he needed to speak to me, and that
was it. They wanted me Off The Project, and I wasn't even allowed to
me. My co-workers have to pack up the rest of my stuff.

snip

{{{{{{{{{ Jane }}}}}}}}} The way you got fired would be illegal here. Purrs
that you find an even better job asap.
Cats leave pawprints on your heart

Old July 5th 08, 07:02 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
EvelynVogtGamble(Divamanque)

Adrian wrote:
Jane wrote:
I got FIRED on Thursday!! There was no issues, no warning, no clue.
The project manager just said that he needed to speak to me, and that
was it. They wanted me Off The Project, and I wasn't even allowed to
me. My co-workers have to pack up the rest of my stuff.

snip

{{{{{{{{{ Jane }}}}}}}}} The way you got fired would be illegal here. Purrs
that you find an even better job asap.

I think it's "illegal" HERE, too - or was until the moron in the White
House managed to stuff our courts with neo-cons whose political
allegiance counts for more than their knowledge of Constitutional Law.
Old July 5th 08, 10:27 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Yowie

Adrian wrote:
Jane wrote:
I got FIRED on Thursday!! There was no issues, no warning, no clue.
The project manager just said that he needed to speak to me, and that
was it. They wanted me Off The Project, and I wasn't even allowed to
me. My co-workers have to pack up the rest of my stuff.

snip

{{{{{{{{{ Jane }}}}}}}}} The way you got fired would be illegal here.
Purrs that you find an even better job asap.

Here too, up until a couple of years ago, and the new government is trying
to fix that. Its outrageous they didn't even allow you to get your purse!

Purrs that you find a better job with a more stable, logical, rationaly
management!

Meanwhile, enjoy your time with Rita.

Yowie

Old July 6th 08, 05:37 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Marina

Adrian wrote:
Jane wrote:
I got FIRED on Thursday!! There was no issues, no warning, no clue.
The project manager just said that he needed to speak to me, and that
was it. They wanted me Off The Project, and I wasn't even allowed to
me. My co-workers have to pack up the rest of my stuff.

snip

{{{{{{{{{ Jane }}}}}}}}} The way you got fired would be illegal here. Purrs
that you find an even better job asap.

It would be illegal here, too. Purrs are on-going.

Old July 6th 08, 06:29 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Kreisleriana[_3_]

"Marina" wrote in message
Adrian wrote:
Jane wrote:
I got FIRED on Thursday!! There was no issues, no warning, no clue.
The project manager just said that he needed to speak to me, and that
was it. They wanted me Off The Project, and I wasn't even allowed to
me. My co-workers have to pack up the rest of my stuff.

snip

{{{{{{{{{ Jane }}}}}}}}} The way you got fired would be illegal here.
Purrs that you find an even better job asap.

It would be illegal here, too. Purrs are on-going.

If the labor movement hadn't been all but totally crushed in this country
over the past 25 years it would be illegal here, too; or there would be
contracts and work rules that prevented it.

--
Theresa, Stinky and Dante
drtmuirATearthlink.net

Old July 5th 08, 04:15 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Outsider

Jane wrote in news:4aca6bb2-547f-434f-aefd-
:

[...]

What reason was given?

Andy
Old July 5th 08, 07:57 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Jane

On Jul 5, 8:15 am, outsider wrote:
[...]

The boss claimed that I didn't know my job well enough. Anyone who
actually *works* with me says that he's a liar and it's a bogus
charge. I'm contract, he's government, so there's no chance of
fighting it. They are talking about outsourcing the data center, and
this may be just the first in a long line of unfair firings just so
the government doesn't have to pay severance.

Your tax dollars at work, folks.

Jane
Old July 5th 08, 08:30 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Outsider

What reason was given?

Andy

The boss claimed that I didn't know my job well enough. Anyone who
actually *works* with me says that he's a liar and it's a bogus
charge. I'm contract, he's government, so there's no chance of
fighting it. They are talking about outsourcing the data center, and
this may be just the first in a long line of unfair firings just so
the government doesn't have to pay severance.

Your tax dollars at work, folks.

Jane

I feel your pain. I work in higher ed but I am contract and the outsource
bug is always biting on someone or other above me. At my age and my
limeted degree status I would be in sad shape if they dumped me. I hope
things work out for you; you symbolize many of us here, I think.

Andy