Blessing in disguise

Old January 31st 08, 06:05 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Marina

Default Blessing in disguise

Steve Touchstone wrote:

OTOH, for some having a cat join them on the bed is one of the nice
things about having a cat. For some, having a purring cat curled up on
the pillow next to them is just about the cat's meow ;-) I've read
more than once that when a cat has gone over the Bridge the thing
their person misses the most is not having that warm body purring away
next to them when they go to bed. While I don't think you meant to be
snide or hurtful, I think your reply touched a raw nerve this time.

It's true that I still miss Frank each and every night. He would never
let many minutes pass before he would join me in bed and curl up, either
around my head or on the pillow next to mine, and purr me to sleep. But
I wasn't thinking of him (at least, not consciously), but I thought
Christina was being unnecessarily harsh towards Susan. Maybe I read it
wrong. Maybe I was subconsciously thinking of Frank and how much I miss
him beside me every evening.

Old January 31st 08, 10:47 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Granby

A cats purrrrrring is a miracle in itself. I was working with O. T.
Mahoney, my orange This as the girls call him, to be nurseinghome visitor.
Worked until someone's family complained. Funny thing was the lady whose
family complained was interesting.

When I got the nurse to let me put O. T. on the bed she said "honey this
lady hasn't responded for weeks". However she allowed me to place him on
the bed. We put his butt towards her and laid her hand on top of him. With
in a minute, he was purring away and, her hand began to skretch his butt.
He flipped around, snuggled up to her and she rubbed his head for a good
half hour. Sometimes I think families are afraid people will get better.

Old February 1st 08, 12:27 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Christina Websell

Marina wrote:
I thought Christina was being unnecessarily harsh towards Susan.

In what way? I admire Susan for managing Otis and have always said so.

Maybe I read it wrong.

I am not sure what you think I said or meant.
What did you think I meant? Maybe I can explain it better if you tell me
the misunderstanding.

Old February 4th 08, 12:10 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
mlbriggs

On Fri, 01 Feb 2008 00:27:32 +0000, Christina Websell wrote:

Marina wrote:
I thought Christina was being unnecessarily harsh towards Susan.

In what way? I admire Susan for managing Otis and have always said so.

Maybe I read it wrong.

I am not sure what you think I said or meant. What did you think I meant?
Maybe I can explain it better if you tell me the misunderstanding.

======
This, I know is changing the subject. How is the broken rib? How long
were you out of work? Did your chickens survive the storms? Stormy
weather is hard on sensitive bone and can add to misery. How do I know
this? We really have had big storms and more snow is due shortly. How is
KFC holding up? Has Boyfriend caught any doves recently?

Best wishes to all who hurt one way or another. MLB
Old February 6th 08, 07:47 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Christina Websell

"mlbriggs" wrote in message
news
On Fri, 01 Feb 2008 00:27:32 +0000, Christina Websell wrote:

How is the broken rib?

Plural. Getting there.

How long
were you out of work?

Still am. I cannot drive for more than about ten minutes yet because of the
pressure on my ribs leaning against the car seat. My commute to work is 45
minutes. Saw the doctor today, have another 2 weeks and am hoping to return
to work then.

Did your chickens survive the storms?

Yes, they are all fine. Putting several 2 gallon buckets of water on each
roof kept them on in such wild winds up to 80 mph. It happens most years
recently. It's not easy to do it alone with broken ribs but if you have to
do it, you have to do it.

How is
KFC holding up?

She needs a lot of caring for, to be honest, but I can do it.

Has Boyfriend caught any doves recently?

No. There are plenty around. It's easy to see them in the winter when the
leaves are off the trees and when I go in the evening to shut up Francis
Drake they explode out of my trees where they were settling to roost.
Boyfie is a wimp in winter weather. He likes to sleep on the spare bed most
of the day when its cold so catching collared doves for Kitty is out right
now.

Tweed

[#116471356] A Blessing found for Daytona Beach Florida 2Barter.net Cat health & behaviour 0 February 22nd 07 06:14 PM
Some mixed pics of my tribe/colony/curse/blessing...... RobZip Cat health & behaviour 0 October 19th 06 09:16 PM
Cat in disguise Karen Cat anecdotes 4 August 13th 05 03:05 AM
Blessing the animals Bobcat Cat anecdotes 99 October 26th 04 05:30 AM