indoor cat escaped

Old June 8th 08, 12:12 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.health+behav
James

Default indoor cat escaped

On Jun 5, 9:15*am, chatnoir wrote:
On May 9, 10:30*am, "CatNipped" wrote:

"Riannon via CatKB.com" u42022@uwe wrote in messagenews:83e618ef4e452@uwe...

open set per Woodstreams recommendation. Salmon and Roast Beef as
bait. She showed up twice, but would not go into the trap. Last night
we had the trap on our deck, but closed with no bait to get her used
to its presence.

I agree with Rhonda about the tuna - how about a little trail of tuna
leading
into the trap? *You put out a very small amount, then another small amount
little further, etc, etc, till she gets to the trap - about 3 tiny piles
in
total; if she wants more (and I don't see why she wouldn't!) she'll have
go inside to get it. *Make the amount in the trap larger than the others
though. *This is something that worked for a friend of mine. *Good to see
she's hanging around though and as long as there's food she will.

My cats don't like tuna, but I've yet to find a cat that doesn't like
chicken (KFC to be precise). *

Then you have not met my cats!- Hide quoted text -

My pussy used to go wild for chicken from Chinese chicken & brocolli
dish and I used to always bring her some when I ate out. One day she
refused and since then she's only been eating Purina One. She also
checked out my dinner plate but turned her nose so often that now she
don't even bother checking.