I'm in Shock

Old April 19th 07, 03:32 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Will in New Haven

Default I'm in Shock

Scene: Last night when all the cats were on the counter where there
food bowls are. Bear, the d*g is standing by, ready to eat any food
that falls on the floor. All the cats are milling around and eating
and then coming over to be petted. I am petting Winny because he keeps
hooking my wrist with his paw and pulling it onto his head; and then I
pet Maggie May and she is purring like she has a hidden motor, and
Sunrise is posing for publicity stills but gets some petting also. And
then

I realize that I have been petting MISSY for at least a couple of
strokes. She is looking at me as if I have goen (more) INSANE. She
doesn't hiss. She doesn't bite me or claw me. I try one more skritch.
She tolerates it but then goes over beyond the food bowls so that the
crazy hoomin cannot tempt fate again.

No damage resulted to either party.

Will in New Haven

Old April 19th 07, 06:19 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Marina

Will in New Haven wrote:

I realize that I have been petting MISSY for at least a couple of
strokes. She is looking at me as if I have goen (more) INSANE. She
doesn't hiss. She doesn't bite me or claw me. I try one more skritch.
She tolerates it but then goes over beyond the food bowls so that the
crazy hoomin cannot tempt fate again.

Congratulations! Maybe she will slowly come around to accepting some
pettins.

--
Marina, Miranda and Caliban
Old April 19th 07, 07:01 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
[email protected]

Will in New Haven wrote:

I realize that I have been petting MISSY for at least a couple of
strokes. She is looking at me as if I have goen (more) INSANE. She
doesn't hiss. She doesn't bite me or claw me. I try one more skritch.
She tolerates it but then goes over beyond the food bowls so that the
crazy hoomin cannot tempt fate again.

Wow! That's a big change. Maybe she'll end up discovering that some
humans aren't so terrible after all.

Joyce
Old April 19th 07, 07:12 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Will in New Haven

On Apr 19, 2:01 pm, wrote:
Will in New Haven wrote:

I realize that I have been petting MISSY for at least a couple of
strokes. She is looking at me as if I have goen (more) INSANE. She
doesn't hiss. She doesn't bite me or claw me. I try one more skritch.
She tolerates it but then goes over beyond the food bowls so that the
crazy hoomin cannot tempt fate again.

Wow! That's a big change. Maybe she'll end up discovering that some
humans aren't so terrible after all.

Joyce

She isn't fleeing the room when Micki or I enter lately. WE assumed
that she finally realized who was in charge and that it is HER. Maybe
it's more than that. Maybe she has mellowed toward Hooomins, she has
always gotten on well with the other cats and famously with Bear.

Will in New Haven