Moving!

Old October 26th 07, 11:16 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
badwilson

Default Moving!

Ahhh, yes, the time has come again for us to move. Mind you, this time
it's 8km from the small town out into the country a little ways instead
of intercontinental :-)
Since Dennis went back to work on Monday night, packing and moving is
once again entirely up to me. What timing, LOL! Oh well, Dennis
deserves a little holiday at work considering how hard he worked during
his time off. He was here for 25 days as usual and out of that we were
at the new house tiling for 23 days. Every single day, 10-12 hours/day.
The house has no carpets or hardwood floors, tiles in every room and
it's not a small house. About 2500 square feet, 250 square meters, if
you include up the walls in the bathrooms.
I was lucky to get 2 Thursdays off work so I could be out there helping
Dennis tile more. I only had to go in to work on the weekends. Things
definitely went faster when I did all the cutting and Dennis did all the
laying.
Anyway, back on topic for the NG, poor Vino was alone at home a lot
during the days when we were so busy. He was definitely very cuddly at
night to make up for it! We kept trying to re-assure him that it was
all only temporary and would be more than worth it when the new house is
all ready. Told him it would be his last and final move.
So now I am packing. It's obvious that Vino's an old hand at it by now.
He just finds himself a good spot with a view of what I'm doing and
casually meatloafs and observes. He also likes to go into all the open
cupboards and rummage around and he likes to preen on top of a large
pile of bubble wrap. He has also claimed a very large and very stiff
plastic bag that sits in the middle of the living room floor and stays
open all the time due to it's stiffness. He goes in there and sniffs
and rustles around, then makes himself comfortable and smugly observes
out the front opening.
I make sure to tell him often what a good boy he is and how much he's
going to love the new house. And how he's *never* going to have to move
again!
For now the packing is going well. All is complete except for my
computer area, some TV equipment and all the small dishes (did the big
stuff already). I have a few problems though, before Dennis left we
never had a chance to take apart our humungous king sized bed and now I
can't even lift the mattress off it. All our friends are on vacation.
I work in another town quite a ways away and can't get anyone to come
and help me. Oh well, I won't worry about it now. I'm having a glass
of terrible rose, not worth moving, might as well drink it. I'm working
all weekend but will finish packing in the evenings. The movers are
going to be here at 9 am on Monday. At $100/hr, I sure hope they are
fast at dismantling my bed!!!
Oh yeah, pics of the new house are he
http://picasaweb.google.com/badwilson/House
It's not quite complete yet at this stage but apparently it will be come
Monday.
I'll probably be without internet for a week starting Monday but will
post when I'm back online. Sorry to be such and hit & run participant
lately. Purrs for all who need them.
--
Britta
Purring is an automatic safety valve device for dealing with happiness

Old October 26th 07, 12:17 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Adrian A

badwilson wrote:
Ahhh, yes, the time has come again for us to move. Mind you, this
time it's 8km from the small town out into the country a little ways
instead of intercontinental :-)

snip

I was looking at your latest pictures yesterday and thought the move must be
iminent, the "magic carpet" looks great, as does the rest of the tiling.
Good luck with the move, hopefully the movers will make dismanteling the bed
look easy.

Looking forward to you getting back on line and hearing how Vino settles in
to his new domain.
--
Adrian (Owned by Snoopy & Bagheera)
Cats leave pawprints on your heart

Old October 26th 07, 01:31 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
CatNipped[_2_]

Purrs for a smooth and uneventful move. And purrs for poor Vino's nerves as
you do so!

Hugs,

CatNipped

Old October 26th 07, 01:42 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Kreisleriana[_2_]

"badwilson" wrote in message
[...]

Right back atcha. Sounds like the fuzzybutted one is doing fine. We'll
look forward to stories of Vino in his new palace!

Old October 26th 07, 01:53 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Victor Martinez

badwilson wrote:
I'll probably be without internet for a week starting Monday but will
post when I'm back online. Sorry to be such and hit & run participant
lately. Purrs for all who need them.

Good luck on the move, can't wait to read the stories of Vino surveying
his new domain.

--
Victor M. Martinez
Send your spam he

Old October 26th 07, 04:34 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
jmcquown

badwilson wrote:
Ahhh, yes, the time has come again for us to move. Mind you, this
time it's 8km from the small town out into the country a little ways
instead of intercontinental :-)

(snippage)
I'll probably be without internet for a week starting Monday but will
post when I'm back online. Sorry to be such and hit & run participant
lately. Purrs for all who need them.

It's amazing for me to see what was a piece of land turn into what will
obviously be a gorgeous house! I love it for you! Hope Vino takes to it
just as quickly. He does seem to be a "take it in stride" kinda dude
Vino is a very cool cat!

Jill

Old October 26th 07, 06:22 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Marina

badwilson wrote:
I'll probably be without internet for a week starting Monday but will
post when I'm back online. Sorry to be such and hit & run participant
lately.

Purrs for the move to go smoothly. You two certainly deserve your dream
house, finally.

Old October 26th 07, 07:25 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Exocat[_2_]

badwilson wrote:
Ahhh, yes, the time has come again for us to move.

Here's sending you "all the best" purrs for a successful & uneventful move.

Your and Vino's reaction to the new place are keenly awaited (hint, hint)

Purrs
Gordon & the FF

Old October 26th 07, 07:29 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Irulan

It looks beautiful, Britta. I'm so glad you are finally
where you want to be. No more moving around. Please
give Vino extra cuddles from us. Keep that stiff plastic
bag in the new house for him so he's not so spooked.

Lily & her mama

--
Irulan
from the stars we come

Old October 26th 07, 08:44 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Joy

"badwilson" wrote in message
[...]

Best wishes for everything to go smoothly during the move and settling in.
Also much sympathy. I hate to move! I've lived in the same house for 38
years, but I still remember how much I hate moving.

Joy

Moving Day EvelynVogtGamble(Divamanque) Cat anecdotes 9 October 28th 07 07:55 PM
moving Leonid Gluhovsky Cats - misc 1 July 16th 07 10:50 AM
Moving.... Mathew Kagis Cat anecdotes 13 May 16th 05 12:54 PM
moving on up [email protected] Cat anecdotes 11 April 28th 05 04:27 AM
Maybe moving isn't all bad..... Seanette Blaylock Cat community 2 September 20th 04 12:10 PM