Claw-trimming amusement, starring Lynxie

Old January 27th 08, 06:39 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Takayuki

Default Claw-trimming amusement, starring Lynxie

Zorin the Lynx wrote:
On Jan 27, 4:31 am, wrote:
I hate my computer. The processor is sooooo sloooooow, it can't deal with
videos like yours, so I only see a picture every few seconds. (It's not
my network connection - I have DSL.)

The video is in h.264 which requires a decent processor to play. Sorry
about that. If you have the latest version of Quicktime it might play
better, but if you are stuck with an older system, such as a Pentium
II or a G3 Macintosh, you're not going to get much.

There are some H.264 codecs that are made for speed, and may allow
people to delay upgrading their hardware for a little longer. I use
CoreAVC:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/CoreAVC

This codec is for Windows, but maybe there's similar software for Macs
as well.

Old January 27th 08, 06:57 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
[email protected]

Normin wrote:

"Zorin the Lynx" wrote in message

I love how other cats mentioned in this thread react to the
video;

Smudge often makes those very same noises herself, usually when Licky
is staring at her aggressively, or when she's outside and faced with a
strange cat or or one she dislikes, in the neighborhood. So to her,
maybe that sound means "anger" or "warning: back off"?

Joyce
Old January 27th 08, 07:04 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
[email protected]

Takayuki wrote:

The video is in h.264 which requires a decent processor to play. Sorry
about that. If you have the latest version of Quicktime it might play
better, but if you are stuck with an older system, such as a Pentium
II or a G3 Macintosh, you're not going to get much.

There are some H.264 codecs that are made for speed, and may allow
people to delay upgrading their hardware for a little longer. I use
CoreAVC:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/CoreAVC

This codec is for Windows, but maybe there's similar software for Macs
as well.

Thanks! I have Windows, with an old OS - Win 2000. Until recently I didn't
have any need or desire to upgrade, but the software has pulled way ahead,
and I no longer have the hardware to handle it.

I don't suppose either of you would mind explaining to me what H.264
means, or what a codec is? (I know it's a kind of patch, but not much
more than that.) Is H.264 a format like mpeg?

Thanks,
Joyce

--
To send email to this address, remove the triple-X from my user name.
Old January 28th 08, 12:04 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Karen AKA Kajikit

On Sat, 26 Jan 2008 22:40:43 -0800 (PST), Zorin the Lynx
wrote:

I made this video and showed it to a few friends, and they thought it
was hilarious, so I figured I'd share it with all of you.

I trim Lynxie's claws before he gets "sharpies" as I call them, and
have been doing this since kittenhood. Doing this has several
advantages; the kitten never learns to climb drapes and such because
he can never get his claws in due to them being too dull. Also, if you
are holding him and he gets startled, needle-sharp claws going
everywhere won't slice you to ribbons!

He's really used to claw-trimming, but still doesn't like it, and
complains loudly and constantly during the procedu

http://zorin.org/gallery/v/videos/ly...mming.MOV.html

The most amusing part is that he complains *constantly* during the
entire procedure, but doesn't even *try* to get away. He just lies
there and accepts his fate as I trim his claws.

He's so well-behaved for being so apparently annoyed!

I hope everyone is doing well and that this brings you all smiles!

Alas I couldn't see the picture - but I could hear Lynxie complaining
loud and clear! lol
Old February 3rd 08, 10:23 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
polonca12000

Zorin the Lynx wrote:
[...]

Welcome back, Zorin and Lynxie! We've missed you.
Best wishes,
Polonca and Soncek

Old February 6th 08, 08:40 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Kyla =^..^=

Today, I have to don my winter gloves and do some claw trimming...
Pipps hates it and squirms and swears like a Sailor..the others don't mind
too bad...but boy, they NEED it, gnow
Kyla
--and Clowder

"Takayuki"
Marina :
Zorin the Lynx wrote:
He's so well-behaved for being so apparently annoyed!

I hope everyone is doing well and that this brings you all smiles!

Good to see Lynxie agan! Caliban was cuddling on my arm (still is - it's
hard to type with one hand) and looked at the screen like 'STFU - I'm
trying to relax here!' Miranda came running from the other room to see
who was in distress and why.

Similar to the reaction I got here! Buster looked, then went back to
sleep on my lap with his head up against the armrest. Dot stared,
looking very concerned. But then, Dot hates getting her claws
clipped. I usually only get one or two at a time with her, and I also
need to use regular nail clippers instead of proper claw clippers with
her, to get better speed and angle.