Blessing in disguise

Old January 27th 08, 06:00 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Lesley

Default Blessing in disguise

At 1.15 this morning a car alarm went off for 10 minutes and we called
the person concerned a lot of rude names. Sarsi hated it, she got out
of bed and let us know in no uncertain terms that she has sensitive
hearing!

This so disrupted her sleep pattern that she did not try to wake the
household up at 5am as she usually does so we got to sleep through!

Hope the car alarm does it again tonight

Lesley

Slave of the Fabulous Furballs
Old January 27th 08, 06:40 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Christina Websell

"Lesley" wrote in message
At 1.15 this morning a car alarm went off for 10 minutes and we called
the person concerned a lot of rude names. Sarsi hated it, she got out
of bed and let us know in no uncertain terms that she has sensitive
hearing!

This so disrupted her sleep pattern that she did not try to wake the
household up at 5am as she usually does so we got to sleep through!

Hope the car alarm does it again tonight

I am always amused by folks who allow their cats to sleep with them and then
wonder why they are disturbed.
My cats sleep downstairs, it's a firm rule that my bedroom is out of bounds.
It's comfortable enough for them on the sofa and having their nice beds down
there.
Kitty never disturbs me. Boyfie sometimes comes upstairs to wowl outside
the door if he thinks I might be late for work and forgot to get up.
Although it might be that he wants his breakfast :-) but he never does this
on a weekend.
I know Susan M will be pretty jealous that I can sleep all night.........

Tweed

Old January 27th 08, 06:46 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Lesley

On 27 Jan, 10:40, "Christina Websell"
wrote:

I am always amused by folks who allow their cats to sleep with them and then
wonder why they are disturbed.

Until recently both of them have slept in the bedroom, not on the bed
(unless there's a storm when they both want to be next to Dave and if
he hasn't panicked they think it's safe) and slept all night but Sarsi
just lately has been experimenting with the power to wake Hoomins
early. They usually even sleep through on Weekends and don't demand
fed until I get up

Old January 27th 08, 08:13 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Christina Websell

"~*LiveLoveLaugh*~" wrote in message
"Christina Websell" wrote in message

"Lesley" wrote in message
[...]

Wow... imo, animals sleeping in my bedroom is part of owning a cat and/or
a dog. I would never, ever lock them out of any room I'm in!! That's
just not right!!!

In your opinion only, it does not work for me.

(And I'm certainly not
jealous)!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!!!!!!!!!!

Did your exclamation mark get stuck on your keyboard? If not, how rude that
is.

Tweed

Old January 27th 08, 08:15 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
EvelynVogtGamble(Divamanque)

Christina Websell wrote:

I am always amused by folks who allow their cats to sleep with them and then
wonder why they are disturbed.
My cats sleep downstairs, it's a firm rule that my bedroom is out of bounds.
It's comfortable enough for them on the sofa and having their nice beds down
there.

But that also deprives YOU of the comfort of a warm, furry
"hot water bottle" that never gets cold! Mine seldom
disturb MY sleep, but I have to disturb theirs if I get up
during the night - sometimes it can be quite a struggle to
persuade a cat sound asleep on top of me to move "just a
little bit", so I can get out from under!

Actually, mine used to be relegated to the "service porch"
(laundry room) at night. However, when I lived in Pasadena,
one of them kept bringing in those little California fruit
rats and releasing them. After the night I found a tiny
charcoal grey critter with a white tummy and long skinny
tail, curled up on top of my night-clothes sound asleep
under my pillow, I decided if I were going to have a furry
bed-mate, I preferred it be a cat! (That rat lived the life
of Riley for about three months - nested in the top of my
portable dishwasher, amply nourished with cat-food - until
the day I moved out, the dishwasher moved with me, and the
rat left in protest of the "earthquake" caused when the
movers lifted its home!)
Old January 27th 08, 08:49 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Christina Websell

Christina Websell wrote:

I am always amused by folks who allow their cats to sleep with them and
then wonder why they are disturbed.
My cats sleep downstairs, it's a firm rule that my bedroom is out of
bounds. It's comfortable enough for them on the sofa and having their
nice beds down there.

But that also deprives YOU of the comfort of a warm, furry "hot water
bottle" that never gets cold! Mine seldom disturb MY sleep, but I have to
disturb theirs if I get up during the night - sometimes it can be quite a
struggle to persuade a cat sound asleep on top of me to move "just a
little bit", so I can get out from under!

I have a 15 tog duvet. I do not, and will never want a cat in my bed. I do
appreciate the opinions of those that do but I DON'T WANT A CAT IN MY BED
OVERNIGHT. Full stop. I am a poor sleeper and I have to get up for work at
7.
Might be different if I was retired. Way to go yet.

Tweed

Old January 27th 08, 09:01 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Adrian[_2_]

Christina Websell wrote:
"EvelynVogtGamble(Divamanque)" wrote in
message ...

Christina Websell wrote:

[...]

I would cook if I had a 15 tog duvet, mine's a 4 tog and that's warm enough
in winter with the window open. Sometimes the water in the glass by my bed
freezes but I still stay warm.
--
Adrian (Owned by Snoopy & Bagheera)
Cats leave pawprints on your heart

Old January 27th 08, 09:09 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Christina Websell

"Lesley" wrote in message
[...]

Yes, I said... imo

(And I'm certainly not
jealous)!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!!!!!!!!!!

Did your exclamation mark get stuck on your keyboard? If not, how rude
that is.

Lighten up, Francis. (Why so defensive)???????????????????????????????

OMG, it happened again, this time to your question mark key. I suggest you
get a new keyboard.

Tweed

Old January 27th 08, 09:25 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Christina Websell

"Adrian" wrote in message
om...

Christina Websell wrote:

[...]

I have no central heating. My house is cold when I am at work and by the
time the woodburner gets going in the evening it's usually time to go to
bed. I'm used to being cold in the winter but having a 15 tog lets me be
at least warm overnight.

Tweed

Old January 27th 08, 09:45 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Outsider

"Christina Websell" wrote in
:

"Lesley" wrote in message
.
..
[...]

Since I wake up at 3:50 AM on work days I tend to wake the cats up
instead of the other way around. At this point the brothers don't even
come in the bedroom when I am sleeping for more than a real quick reccy
and then leave. If they wanted to sleep on the bed they would be
welcome.

Andy

[#116471356] A Blessing found for Daytona Beach Florida 2Barter.net Cat health & behaviour 0 February 22nd 07 06:14 PM
Some mixed pics of my tribe/colony/curse/blessing...... RobZip Cat health & behaviour 0 October 19th 06 09:16 PM
Cat in disguise Karen Cat anecdotes 4 August 13th 05 03:05 AM
Blessing the animals Bobcat Cat anecdotes 99 October 26th 04 05:30 AM