O&C go to TED

Old July 14th 07, 03:37 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Susan M

Default O&C go to TED

Hi the

Otis and Chester went to TED this week for the annual check up and shots. I
couldn't get Otis the first day so just went with Chester. He, who appears
to have lost weight over the past 6 weeks or so, was 14.9 pounds. He's
quite plump. Other than the build up of plaque and his general chubiness,
he's in great shape.

I finally got Otis into the cage today - had to wear a thick denim jacket
and jeans - and he put up quite a fight. Once there, he was a total
pantywaist. He stuck his head in the crook of my arm against my tummy for
the whole time so he couldn't see TED. TED was very admiring of his general
health - was surprised he was 11 years old. We had Otis' guardian angel for
this checkup - the locum-vet who had seen Otis while out for a walk after
Otis ran away when we moved. Otis was 13.7 pounds - he was a pound lighter
in August of last year.

Anyway, the baby is yelling. Hasn't napped today and is hot and sticky and
uncomfortable in this heat. Looking forward to fall.

Susan M
Otis and Chester

Old July 14th 07, 04:01 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Victor Martinez

Awwww... he's such a good boy. BTW, Fez says 15 lbs is not plump.

pantywaist. He stuck his head in the crook of my arm against my tummy for
the whole time so he couldn't see TED. TED was very admiring of his general

AWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWW!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Anyway, the baby is yelling. Hasn't napped today and is hot and sticky and
uncomfortable in this heat. Looking forward to fall.

Fall is what... August for you guys? ;-)

Victor
Fall here is about 2 weeks in late October.

--
Victor M. Martinez
Send your spam he

Old July 14th 07, 03:20 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Kreisleriana

On Fri, 13 Jul 2007 20:37:51 -0600, "Susan M"
yodeled:

Hi the

Otis and Chester went to TED this week for the annual check up and shots. I
couldn't get Otis the first day so just went with Chester. He, who appears
to have lost weight over the past 6 weeks or so, was 14.9 pounds. He's
quite plump. Other than the build up of plaque and his general chubiness,
he's in great shape.

I finally got Otis into the cage today - had to wear a thick denim jacket
and jeans - and he put up quite a fight. Once there, he was a total
pantywaist. He stuck his head in the crook of my arm against my tummy for
the whole time so he couldn't see TED.

This is Stinky's MO-- he's a fiend to get into the case, then with
TED, he's so -- well, frozen. It tears me up. My poor widdle fewwow.

Glad the boys are in good nick.

Theresa

Make Levees, Not War
Old July 15th 07, 03:53 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Susan M

"Victor Martinez" wrote in message

Awwww... he's such a good boy. BTW, Fez says 15 lbs is not plump.

Fez is a stunningly handsome fellow and has, I must say, a more inches of
frame upon which to hang the 15 pounds than does Chester. Awww - I'd like
to see Fez and the crew again ...

Fall is what... August for you guys? ;-)

Fall is September. One night the leaves turn yellow and 3 days later
they've fallen to the ground. I love fall. The crisp brisk days, the
bright yellow leaves, the hint of winter in the air. Love it!

It was 85 F yesterday and we have no airconditioning. Right now at 9 PM, it
is 81 F with 50% humidity (humid for here) and we are not sure we will
survive the night. It will go down to about 63 F but its hard to cool the
house to that level with no air conditioning.

I'm melting....

Susan M
Otis and Chester, groggy heat stroke cats

Old July 15th 07, 03:54 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Susan M

"Kreisleriana" wrote in message

I finally got Otis into the cage today - had to wear a thick denim jacket
and jeans - and he put up quite a fight. Once there, he was a total
pantywaist. He stuck his head in the crook of my arm against my tummy for
the whole time so he couldn't see TED.

This is Stinky's MO-- he's a fiend to get into the case, then with
TED, he's so -- well, frozen. It tears me up. My poor widdle fewwow.

Awwww - I always think of Stinky as being a distant relative of Otis - and
its not just because they look similar (the pattern and body shape - Stinky
B&W and Otis grey & white). Maybe its his devotion to you that makes me
think that :-)

Susan M
Otis and Chester

Old July 15th 07, 05:00 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
polonca12000

Susan M wrote:

Fall is September. One night the leaves turn yellow and 3 days later
they've fallen to the ground. I love fall. The crisp brisk days, the
bright yellow leaves, the hint of winter in the air. Love it!

It was 85 F yesterday and we have no airconditioning. Right now at 9 PM, it
is 81 F with 50% humidity (humid for here) and we are not sure we will
survive the night. It will go down to about 63 F but its hard to cool the
house to that level with no air conditioning.

I'm melting....

Susan M
Otis and Chester, groggy heat stroke cats

Lots of cooling purrs and best wishes,
Polonca and Soncek

Old July 15th 07, 08:09 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Victor Martinez

Susan M wrote:
frame upon which to hang the 15 pounds than does Chester. Awww - I'd like
to see Fez and the crew again ...

You're always welcome to come visit!

they've fallen to the ground. I love fall. The crisp brisk days, the
bright yellow leaves, the hint of winter in the air. Love it!

I love fall too, I wish it lasted longer than it does here.

survive the night. It will go down to about 63 F but its hard to cool the
house to that level with no air conditioning.

No kidding... I guess you have to have all windows open and fans going, huh?

I'm melting....

We've had a very mild summer so far. Lots of rain. Well, flooding
actually. I don't think we've reached 100F yet this year, which is most
unusual.

--
Victor M. Martinez
Send your spam he