[Biking] Purrs Need for Busted Knee

Old January 17th 06, 10:39 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes

Default [Biking] Purrs Need for Busted Knee

Well, it finally happened - I got my biking shoe stuck on my pedal (I didn't
even know it had clicked onto it). I had just gotten onto my bike to go
take a ride when DH had come outside (to tell my goodbye - sheesh!). I
tried to stop and put my foot down, realized too late that my foot was stuck
to my pedal, and I went down directly on my left knee. The good news is it
wasn't my bad knee (the one with no cartilage from a horrid accident and
surgery 28 years ago. The bad news is I think it's about as bad as my bad
knee was. My entire weight fell on that one knee, which slammed into the
concrete from the height of my bike. I'm sitting at my desk with my foot
elevated and the knee wrapped in an ice pack. I don't think anything is
broken, so I'm not going to the ER for it, but it's going to be *very* sore
and stiff even if it doesn't need surgery.

Purrs would be greatly appreciated.

--

Hugs,

CatNipped

Old January 17th 06, 10:57 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes

On Tue, 17 Jan 2006 16:39:11 -0600, CatNipped wrote:

[...]

IMHO an xray would still be in order......(a stitch in time saves nine).
Purrs that you heal well. MLB

Old January 17th 06, 11:37 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes

CatNipped wrote:

I got my biking shoe stuck on my pedal (I didn't even know it had
clicked onto it). I had just gotten onto my bike to go take a ride
when DH had come outside (to tell my goodbye - sheesh!). I tried
to stop and put my foot down, realized too late that my foot was
stuck to my pedal, and I went down directly on my left knee.

EEK! OUCH! That sounds sooo painful! Hope you have ice on that knee
as we speak.

And it's probably better that you feel *there*, rather than once you
were out on the road, among traffic. Your shoe still would've been stuck
on the pedal, and the results might have been much worse.

Are those the kind of pedals that you insert your foot inside, to help
take up the work of pedaling (on the upstroke)? I've always been nervous
about those. I'll take a little less efficiency in order not to risk
getting my foot stuck in a crucial moment, thank you!

Purrs for a quick recovery.

Joyce
Old January 17th 06, 11:39 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes

Hope you feel better but you just casued me to wince all the way her in
florida and now I am limping in sympathy pain :-)

Old January 17th 06, 11:46 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes

Default Whoops, typo (was: [Biking] Purrs Need for Busted Knee)

I wrote:

And it's probably better that you feel *there*, rather than once you
were out on the road, among traffic. Your shoe still would've been stuck
on the pedal, and the results might have been much worse.

I hope it was obvious that I meant "And it's probably better that you
*fell* there"!

Joyce
Old January 17th 06, 11:49 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes

Purrs are on the way. I hope it isn't broken, but if it's still bad by
tomorrow, I hope you'll have a doctor look at it, just in case there's
something besides ice and elevation that will help.

--
Joy

**Don't believe everything you think**

Old January 18th 06, 12:10 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes

IMHO an xray would still be in order......(a stitch in time saves nine).
Purrs that you heal well. MLB

I agree totally with MLB with what she says; you are talking a
weight-bearing
extremity here and trying to lurch/limp around on it very well might worsen
the problem. Hoping you have health insurance.

Old January 18th 06, 12:18 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes

Hurting knee purrs from one who knows!! Check it out Lori, better safe than
complicated. We're all purring for you to get better soon.
Charleen
Mr. Pumpkin
Aggie Marble
Victor Velcro

Old January 18th 06, 12:45 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes

wrote in message
CatNipped wrote:

[...]

It's the clip type biking shoes. The shoes have a metal clip on the bottom
that snaps onto the pedal. In order to unsnap them you have to twist your
foot sideways. I've had them for quite a while and bragged that I've never
forgotten to unclip before stopping, but in this case I had just start
pedaling and had not consciously clipped my shoes onto the pedals. However,
they shoes clip on *very* easily, and the clips on the shoes are right on
the ball of the foot when you would normally put pressure to pedal.

Yes, I still have ice on the knee, but the knee is now swollen to twice its
size! :

--

Hugs,

CatNipped

Joyce

Old January 18th 06, 01:04 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes

Yes, I still have ice on the knee, but the knee is now swollen to twice
its
size! :

Can't seem to MMOB tonight. Elevate the KNEE, not your foot! Elevating
the foot will only make the pain worse, by increasing pressure on the
kneejoint.. Hope you're now considering
xrays.

Purrs for Rosie Jo Firey Cat anecdotes 137 October 15th 04 11:36 AM
Truck Purrs jmcquown Cat anecdotes 18 October 5th 04 02:40 PM
Travel purrs Karen Chuplis Cat anecdotes 33 August 13th 04 06:00 PM
Purrs for Bootygirl Karen Chuplis Cat anecdotes 21 September 7th 03 08:51 AM
Uninterrupted purrs Julie Cook Cat anecdotes 2 August 24th 03 06:57 AM