A cat forum. CatBanter

Time Travelers?

Old December 21st 17, 04:30 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.community
Delectable Glider

Default Time Travelers?

Dear, new friends

So I stumbled upon this Group. There was a message in like, 1998, but Google Groups came out in 2001. Are y'all time travelers? I want in

Sincerely, RobDob
Old December 21st 17, 05:21 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.community
Cheryl[_5_]

On 2017-12-21 12:00 PM, Delectable Glider wrote:
Dear, new friends

So I stumbled upon this Group. There was a message in like, 1998, but Google Groups came out in 2001. Are y'all time travelers? I want in

Sincerely, RobDob

This is Usenet, which existed long before Google set up Google Groups.
It can still be accessed by other software. Alas, Usenet is past its
glory days, and you are not alone in thinking its something created by
Google.

Cheryl
Old December 22nd 17, 02:14 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.community
Samuel Redcat

On 2017-12-21 12:00 PM, Delectable Glider wrote:
Dear, new friends

So I stumbled upon this Group. There was a message in like, 1998, but
Google Groups came out in 2001. Are y'all time travelers? I want in

Sincerely, RobDob

This is Usenet, which existed long before Google set up Google Groups.
It can still be accessed by other software. Alas, Usenet is past its
glory days, and you are not alone in thinking its something created by
Google.

Cheryl

In fact, Usenet has been around since 1980, as an outgrowth nof Unix's
UUCP utility.

But to answer your question, yes, we do time travel (sort of,
virtually). We're kitty cats, so nothing is impossible!

Sammy