Sam's TED visit

Old January 5th 05, 05:49 AM
Steve Touchstone

Default Sam's TED visit

With my new hours I'm not able to keep up with the group as well, but
just wanted to post about Sammy's (good) TED visit today. Also,
sending purrs and good vibes to any who need them.

Sammy went in for her first quarterly TED visit since the scare she
gave me back when her heart murmur was diagnosed. The news was good -
Dr Haney said she was doing great on the new prescription food, and
her murmur was just barely noticeable with a stethoscope. Actually, I
think the new food is good for both her and LB. Both seem to have
great shiny coats, and more energy than when they were eating the
Iams. Course the energy levels may just be that I notice them playing
more with my new nighttime job.

[from Sammy]
DON'T believe a word the hoomin just wrote. The visit was HORRIBLE!!!
When the hoomin put on my collar and took my bed-with-the-door out
from under the table table I knew we were going for a ride. It's been
awhile, so I was kind of happy about that. I started getting
suspicious when he carried me outside and I noticed it was cold and
the sky was leaking. Always before when we went for rides we'd ride
around for awhile, and then stop and so I could explore different
places he calls parks. I KNEW something bad was going on when he
stopped. I saw that we were at the smelly place where they poke and
prod me. Sure enough, he carried me inside and shortly we were back in
the torture chamber where strange hoomins started committing various
foul acts. (About the only good thing about my TED is that he doesn't
stick cold things up private places, he grabs my ear and sticks
something in it.) One of the strange hoomins carried me into a back
room. I did my best to resist, screaming for my hoomin to come rescue
me, but one of strangers wrapped me in a towel while the TED shoved a
foul tasting thing down my throat (Steve: quarterly deworming).
Thankfully, that ended the visit, since after they forced the thing
down my throat they took me back to where my hoomin was waiting. He
carried me out to the roaring blue monster, and we left. He drove for
awhile and stopped out one of the parks, but the sky was still leaking
and as soon as he opened my bed-with-a-door I ran and hopped in the
blue monster - I was ready to go home and tell Momma Little Bit about
my ordeal.

LB: yeah, yeah, the hoomin took Sammy to the smelly place today. I
knew right away when they got back, even without her crying about it,
since she smelled of the bad place. She forgot to tell you about the
worst part of the trip. When they goes for rides we're supposed to get
some of the good Fancy Feast food when they get back. Instead of good
stuff, the hoomin brought home a case of the stuff we've been eating
instead. WHERE'S THE FF!?!
--
Steve Touchstone,
faithful servant of Sammy, Little Bit and Rocky (RB)

[remove Junk for email]
Home Page:
Old January 5th 05, 06:02 AM
mlbriggs

On Tue, 04 Jan 2005 23:49:32 -0600, Steve Touchstone wrote:

[...]

It was fun to listen to that conversation. Purrs for all good kitties.
MLB

Old January 5th 05, 06:58 AM
Melissa Houle

mlbriggs wrote in message
news
[...]

From Panther:
Oh, I sympathize. First my hoomin steps on my leg which hurt, then has been
making me go to the smelly place once a WEEK ever since! Just as I was
making some progress getting that horrid stiff leg off today, she noticed it
was slipping, and carted me to the smelly place again today to have it
replaced. Then TED had the utter gall to clean my FOOT, and between the
toes, too! Then he put my stiff leg back on. Meowmie tried to tell me it
was just for one more week on the way home in the roaring machine, but as if
I'm going to believe THAT after the last month! I'm convinced she's going to
make me wear my stiff leg for the rest of my life. I told her what I thought
of her all the way home.

From Melissa:

yes, we're finally at week 5 of Pan's six week stint in a splint.
Hopefully, hopefully hopefully, we can dispense with the splint if the
ex-ray next week shows that the bone has healed. But I took him to the vet
today, as I noticed his last bandage had slipped a good half-inch out of
place down his poor, atrophied little leg. (It can't have been very
comfortable!)I didn't want Pan to shed his bandage and then reinjure himself
now that the ordeal is almost over. But he certainly read me the riot act
to and from TED's office. He'll wear a soft bandage for another week after
the splint is gone to continue to give his leg some support as he regains
some muscle tone in the leg. But I sure won't miss ferrying him to TED on a
weekly basis once this is over. G

Melissa

Old January 5th 05, 12:31 PM
Karen Chuplis

in article , Melissa
Houle at wrote on 1/5/05 12:58AM:

mlbriggs wrote in message
news
[...]

From Panther:
Oh, I sympathize. First my hoomin steps on my leg which hurt, then has been
making me go to the smelly place once a WEEK ever since! Just as I was
making some progress getting that horrid stiff leg off today, she noticed it
was slipping, and carted me to the smelly place again today to have it
replaced. Then TED had the utter gall to clean my FOOT, and between the
toes, too! Then he put my stiff leg back on. Meowmie tried to tell me it
was just for one more week on the way home in the roaring machine, but as if
I'm going to believe THAT after the last month! I'm convinced she's going to
make me wear my stiff leg for the rest of my life. I told her what I thought
of her all the way home.

From Melissa:

yes, we're finally at week 5 of Pan's six week stint in a splint.
Hopefully, hopefully hopefully, we can dispense with the splint if the
ex-ray next week shows that the bone has healed. But I took him to the vet
today, as I noticed his last bandage had slipped a good half-inch out of
place down his poor, atrophied little leg. (It can't have been very
comfortable!)I didn't want Pan to shed his bandage and then reinjure himself
now that the ordeal is almost over. But he certainly read me the riot act
to and from TED's office. He'll wear a soft bandage for another week after
the splint is gone to continue to give his leg some support as he regains
some muscle tone in the leg. But I sure won't miss ferrying him to TED on a
weekly basis once this is over. G

Melissa

Glad he is doing better! I have been wondering how it is going.

Old January 5th 05, 09:21 PM
polonca12000

So glad to hear Sammy's heart murmur has improved!
Lots of purrs and gentle hugs for Sammy to soon forget all about TED,
--
Polonca & Soncek

"Steve Touchstone" wrote in message
With my new hours I'm not able to keep up with the group as well, but
just wanted to post about Sammy's (good) TED visit today. Also,
sending purrs and good vibes to any who need them.

Sammy went in for her first quarterly TED visit since the scare she
gave me back when her heart murmur was diagnosed. The news was good -
Dr Haney said she was doing great on the new prescription food, and
her murmur was just barely noticeable with a stethoscope. snip

Old January 5th 05, 09:24 PM
polonca12000

Poor Panther and poor you, sometimes it really is hard to be a meowmie.
Lots of purrs and best wishes for Panther's leg to heal completely by next
week,
--
Polonca & Soncek

"Melissa Houle" wrote in message
From Panther:
Oh, I sympathize. First my hoomin steps on my leg which hurt, then has

been
making me go to the smelly place once a WEEK ever since! Just as I was
making some progress getting that horrid stiff leg off today, she noticed

it
was slipping, and carted me to the smelly place again today to have it
replaced. Then TED had the utter gall to clean my FOOT, and between the
toes, too! Then he put my stiff leg back on. Meowmie tried to tell me it
was just for one more week on the way home in the roaring machine, but as

if
I'm going to believe THAT after the last month! I'm convinced she's going

make me wear my stiff leg for the rest of my life. I told her what I

thought
of her all the way home.

From Melissa:

yes, we're finally at week 5 of Pan's six week stint in a splint.
Hopefully, hopefully hopefully, we can dispense with the splint if the
ex-ray next week shows that the bone has healed. snip

Old January 6th 05, 07:15 PM
Ginger-lyn Summer

wrote:

With my new hours I'm not able to keep up with the group as well, but
just wanted to post about Sammy's (good) TED visit today. Also,
sending purrs and good vibes to any who need them.

Sammy went in for her first quarterly TED visit since the scare she
gave me back when her heart murmur was diagnosed. The news was good -
Dr Haney said she was doing great on the new prescription food, and
her murmur was just barely noticeable with a stethoscope. Actually, I
think the new food is good for both her and LB. Both seem to have
great shiny coats, and more energy than when they were eating the
Iams. Course the energy levels may just be that I notice them playing
more with my new nighttime job.

Glad to know the news was good!

[...]

LOL!

--
Steve Touchstone,
faithful servant of Sammy, Little Bit and Rocky (RB)

[remove Junk for email]
Home Page: http://www.sirinet.net/~stouchst/index.html

Ginger-lyn

Sam's first vet visit Ann Cat anecdotes 10 November 19th 04 09:55 PM
Bunters visit JP Hobbs Cat anecdotes 4 December 15th 03 03:53 AM
Bonnie's first "real" vet visit Cheryl Cat health & behaviour 48 November 11th 03 11:10 PM
Weeble Update: 1st Officical Vet Visit Brenda Watkins Cat anecdotes 2 September 20th 03 04:22 AM
Rough Vet Visit, Aloof Cat Noreen Cooper Cat health & behaviour 16 August 18th 03 06:16 AM