The Critter--BW

Old August 25th 05, 03:58 PM
CATherine

Default The Critter--BW

The other day I stopped at a yard sale and picked up a little figurine
to put in a potted plant. It is made out of resin with a 3 inch peg
for jamming into the soil. The critter is in the shape of a realistic
owl about 3 inches high.

When I got home I started to stick it in the pot of aloe vera when I
realized it was so full I needed to re-pot it. So I temporarily stuck
the owl in the only other pot I have...a pot of cat grass.

The two pots are on a table on the enclosed porch in front of a
window. there are lots of boxes sitting around ready to go the flea
market, hopefully this weekend. The cats' usual method of getting to
the pot of grass is to jump on a low box and then the table and then
walk across the top of the large pot of grass to the windowsill and
then turn around to eat grass.

So Robin comes in and jumps up and makes it to the pot of grass. He
has two feet on the pot and starts to jump up on the pot. He stops in
mid-jump. There is a critter looking at him! He immediately flashes
out a paw to snag it. The darn thing ignores him. So he paws at it
again. It still stares at him without flinching. Now this will never
do.

Robin jumps up on the pot and as he is a large cat, he has to hump his
back to fit all four feet on the edges. He is clearly big enough to be
fearsome to a small critter. This time he uses his left paw, sneaking
it around behind the critter. His claws cannot get through the
critter's armor. And of all the nerve, the critter is still looking
the other way, ignoring him!

So he transfers to the windowsill and hunkers down, thinking and
looking at the critter, twisting and turning his head this way and
that. Then he flashes both paws forward to grab the critter! Wham,
Bap, Bap!! It is well-anchored and doesn't budge. It also does not
even deign to look at him! So Robin looks off in the direction the
critter is staring. he sees nothing to rivet the attention. After a
minute he starts slapping the critter this way and that with each paw
in turn.

I can't hold it in any longer. I bust out laughing. Robin jerks his
head up and looks at me with outrage. He had been so consumed with the
critter he had forgotten I was there. I had actually seen his
humiliation and then laughed at him! So he sat upright on the
windowsill and washed his paw while his ears were still flattened.
then he couldn't stand it anymore and jumped down and stalked off. I
hope he isn't thinking vengeful thoughts!

--
CATherine
Old August 25th 05, 04:12 PM
Kreisleriana

On 25 Aug 2005 14:58:43 GMT, CATherine
yodeled:

[...]

Oh what a scream. You bad mommy. Any pictures of Robin?

Theresa

Old August 25th 05, 05:29 PM
Enfilade

And of all the nerve, the critter is still looking
the other way, ignoring him!

This is like trying to convince Kumani that the light reflected off
MomDad's watch is NOT an animal, it's NOT alive, and she CAN'T catch
and eat it.

--Fil

Old August 25th 05, 06:36 PM
Jo Firey

"CATherine" wrote in message

I can't hold it in any longer. I bust out laughing. Robin jerks his
head up and looks at me with outrage. He had been so consumed with the
critter he had forgotten I was there. I had actually seen his
humiliation and then laughed at him! So he sat upright on the
windowsill and washed his paw while his ears were still flattened.
then he couldn't stand it anymore and jumped down and stalked off. I
hope he isn't thinking vengeful thoughts!

--
CATherine

Oh but he is. He is.

Old August 25th 05, 08:24 PM

wrote:

[...]

ROTFL. That is hilarious! I bet Robin forgot about his humiliation
within 30 seconds. You know, that short cat attention span ;-)

Ginger-lyn

Home Pages:
http://www.spiritrealm.com/summer/
Animals in Movies Website)
Old August 25th 05, 09:01 PM
Magic Mood Jeep©

wrote:

[...]

This remind me of - many years ago when our Jabba-the-Cat (Tennessee) was
just a youngster (and much slimmer than he is now) decided to try and
'subdue' a cactus we had. We had only brought it in for the winter, and the
cat's weren't normally allowed in where we had it. Tennessee's first
meeting of it went something like this:
-----
Spy interesing spikey object on window, approach with curiosity and caution.
Hop onto window sill next to object. Examine for 5-10 minutes. Attempt to
bite object. Ouch. Try another angle to bite object. Ouch. Repeat.
Repeat again. Repeat continuously until you notice Mommy watching and
snickering. Slink away with injured pride (and mouth). Later in the day,
pee on carpet while in full view of Mommy to retaliate.
-----
Neither Tennessee's mouth nor the cactus suffered any real damage during
this "attack", but the carpet....
--
The ONE and ONLY
in Bloomington! (And proud of it, too)©

Old August 26th 05, 12:55 AM
Enfilade

Magic Mood Jeep=A9 wrote:

-----
Neither Tennessee's mouth nor the cactus suffered any real damage during
this "attack", but the carpet....

Nox ate a cactus once in retribution for leaving her alone all weekend.
She's hardcore.

--Fil

Old August 26th 05, 02:50 AM
Wayne Mitchell

"Enfilade" wrote:

Nox ate a cactus once in retribution for leaving her alone all weekend.
She's hardcore.

Nox makes me nervous. I'm trying to dream up some way to widen
the Bay of Fundy. :-)

--

Wayme M
(indulged by Will and Heidi)
Old August 26th 05, 04:32 AM
CATherine

On Thu, 25 Aug 2005 11:12:27 -0400, Kreisleriana
wrote:

On 25 Aug 2005 14:58:43 GMT, CATherine
yodeled:
hope he isn't thinking vengeful thoughts!

Oh what a scream. You bad mommy. Any pictures of Robin?

Theresa

I confess, I couldn't help myself. He was just so funny! As for
pictures, I have some old ones on Catslaves, listed under Robin the
Lovebug, taken when I first fot him at less than a year old. There are
some more on the other site the group has for pictures, I forget the
name of it. My son takes lots of pictures but he hasn't made them
small enough to post yet. When he does, I will upload them.

--
CATherine