news from the eye clinic

Old December 20th 09, 04:21 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Stormmmee

Default news from the eye clinic

i am sorry it didn't go well, please ask for another opinion just to make
sure, Lee

--
Have a great day
"Christina Websell" wrote in message
I went back to the hospital today for a re-exam after my recent op.
I was asked if I thought my sight had improved at all afterwards. I said
no.

The doctor examined my eyes very thoroughly and then looked through my
medical file. He said he was sorry that I was disappointed with my sight
but after all I've had major ops on them and the price I might have to pay
for saving my central vision is loss of visual acuity.

I sort of knew that, but I had hoped that the recent procedure might help.
Unfortunately it didn't.
Ah, well, it was worth a try. He said he doesn't think they can do any
more for me.

It was a doctor I had not seen before. He did not spot my epiretinal
membrane in my left eye which will need surgery in the future like the
last doctor I saw did - so loss of faith in his opinion there.

He was quite "up himself" too. I asked him a question, he ignored me for
several minutes because he was writing in my file. I had to say, in the
end, "did you hear what I asked you?
Two more minutes went by until he said "yes, I heard you"
I wanted to slap him, fortunately I didn't ;-)

Tweed