Join PetRights.org

Old October 16th 04, 10:54 PM
Compatissant

Default Join PetRights.org

Perhaps this group also taught you your fine command of the English language?
Old October 16th 04, 10:54 PM
Compatissant

Perhaps this group also taught you your fine command of the English language?
Old October 17th 04, 01:14 AM
Sherry

1. PetRights.org does not support local laws requiring spaying and neutering
of pets to control overpopulation.

2. PetRights.org does not support the positions held by some animal rights
groups that spaying and neutering is a humane way to prevent pet
overpopulation. We also believe that it is unethical to try to control pet
behavior by amputating their reproductive organs.

3. PetRights.org is opposed to other forms of pet mutilation such as
declawing, debarking, ear cropping, and tail docking, and we also oppose the
"euthanization" (killing) of unwanted pets that occurs in animal shelters
because of lack of space and funding.

4. PetRights.org supports laws protecting household pets that would forbid
spaying, neutering, declawing, debarking, ear cropping, tail docking, and
other forms of mutilation, except in cases of medical necessity. We also
support "no kill" laws for animal shelters, along with increased funding to
provide additional space and recreational opportunities in those shelters,
and to build new ones.

5. As compassionate and practical alternatives to spaying and neutering, and
until better and safer methods become available, PetRights.org does not
object to tubal ligation and vasectomy for purposes of controlling pet
overpopulation. Further, we call on drug companies to develop pet versions
of implantable, injectable, and oral contraceptives so that tubal ligation
and vasectomy may someday become unnecessary.

Well, bless their little bleeding hearts. And that vague reference to "no kill
laws" for shelters is just peachy! What an innovative idea!! Just build more,
and more, and more shelters--made possible, no doubt, by the likewise-vague
reference to "increased funding."
It's fine to be "against" this or that. But unless you're offering a viable
alternative, and a means to achieve it, all you've done is work up a nice cute
smoke-blowing website. All I see is a cute website and some nice words with no
substance.
Oh, yes, they "call on" pharmaceutical companies to develop new drugs. I wonder
how *that's* going.
Think I'll "call on" them myself for a cure for cancer.

Sherry

Old October 17th 04, 01:30 AM
Rrb

Sherry wrote:
[...]

I looked at the website and agree with you that it sounds like they are
"blowing smoke". When I get it together I intend to send them an email
asking just what they do actively to make changes if anything. As to the
new drugs an issue or two ago Cat Fancy made mention of a
sterilization vaccine that was in development. So depending on what
happens with it and the nature of it spaying and/or neutering might
become unnecessary for sterilization purposes. Of course it might not
solve the spraying, uterine cancer, or other health issues that are
resolved currently through spaying and neutering.

rrb

Old October 17th 04, 02:29 AM
Electric Nachos

Rrb wrote in message ...
Sherry wrote:
[...]

Oh do enlighten us o' wise one!! What on EARTH did these cats do when the
wonderous spaying and neurtering weren't available? Really! HOW did they
even manage to survive?????

Start from the beginning too. (After the dinosaur period of course.)

rrb

Old October 17th 04, 03:47 PM
Sherry

On Sat, 16 Oct 2004 18:03:33 -0700, "Electric Nachos"
wrote:

How do you get through to these overgrown apes that cats do
not need to be pumped up with drugs because the damn things want to pee
wherever the hell it wants! Something is wrong with the cat?!? Something is
wrong with an animal that does what it was naturally born to do?????

Oh, now I get it........you came here to this ng because you're lonely
and ****ed that none of your friends come over to visit you anymore,
on account of your house stinks so bad.

Were you born in a barn?

-bonbon

My thoughts too. The nonchalant remark about wiping up cat spray--it's no big
deal? Phewwwww. I got a mental picture (and aroma) of her house....

Sherry