Help with Memorial, please

Old November 21st 06, 05:45 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
[email protected]

Default Help with Memorial, please

I just got word that one of our most dedicated volunteers passed away.
She was especially an advocate for the cats. I can't even articulate
what a loss this is to the animals, esp.the cats.

I was working on the december newsletter, and I want to put in some
kind of memorial. Does anyone know of any short stories, poems, or
quotations that would be particularly fitting for such a thing? I would
really appreciate it. I was particularly looking for a quotation, or a
short poem.

Incidentally, she is the one who won the cat tree back at Bark in the
Park Oct. 14. She was just diagnosed with cancer the following Monday,
only a little more than a month ago. She will be missed so much, this
lady had such a big heart. Here is a pic of her then:

http://members.aol.com/jjrich0523/denise.jpg

Purrs also would be appreciated for her husband, daughter and
granddaughter.

Sherry

Old November 21st 06, 06:06 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Randy

wrote:
[...]

Purrs for Denise's family and friends.
She will now be a guardian angel at the rainbow bridge.

Randy

He Only Takes the Best

God saw she was getting tired
and a cure was not to be.
So He put His arms around her
and whispered, "Come with Me".

With tear-filled eyes we watched her
suffer and fade away.
Although we loved her deeply,
We could not make her stay.

A golden heart stopped beating,
hard-working hands put to rest.
God broke our hearts to prove to us
He only takes the best.

....Nancy Rose Bouchard

http://picasaweb.google.com/crmartin1

http://kittenwar.com/kittens/74045/

Old November 21st 06, 06:24 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Karen

That is so sad Sherry. How about this one:

More Than an Angel
The young pup and the older dog lay on shaded sweet grass watching the
reunions.

Sometimes a man, sometimes a woman, sometimes a whole family would approach
the Rainbow Bridge, be greeted by their loving pets and cross the bridge
together.

The young pup playfully nipped at the older one. "Look! Something wonderful
is happening!" The older dog stood up and barked, "Quickly, get over to the
path."

"That's not my owner," whined the pup, but he did as he was told. Thousands
of pets surged forward as a figure in white walked on the path toward the
bridge. After the glowing figure passed each animal, that animal bowed it's
head in love and respect.
The figure finally approached the bridge, and was met by a menagerie of
joyous animals. Together, they walked over the bridge and disappeared.

The young pup was still in awe. "Was that an angel?" he whispered.

"No, son," the older dog replied. "That was more than an angel. That was a
person who worked rescue.
(Author Unknown)

oups.com...

Old November 21st 06, 06:26 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Karen

Default Or this one

http://www.rescuinganimalsinneed.org...for_rescue.htm

Old November 21st 06, 06:40 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Nan

On 21 Nov 2006 17:06:03 GMT, Randy wrote:

Purrs for Denise's family and friends.
She will now be a guardian angel at the rainbow bridge.

Randy

He Only Takes the Best

God saw she was getting tired
and a cure was not to be.
So He put His arms around her
and whispered, "Come with Me".

With tear-filled eyes we watched her
suffer and fade away.
Although we loved her deeply,
We could not make her stay.

A golden heart stopped beating,
hard-working hands put to rest.
God broke our hearts to prove to us
He only takes the best.

...Nancy Rose Bouchard

http://picasaweb.google.com/crmartin1

http://kittenwar.com/kittens/74045/

Randy, that is beautiful.
--
Hugs and Purrs,

Nan and the Furkids
Old November 21st 06, 07:21 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
wafflycat

How desperately sad. Sincere condolences to all who knew her & loved her -
especially her family.