OT Since I was the devil and tempted you all ;-)

Old April 12th 10, 09:08 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Matthew[_3_]

Default OT Since I was the devil and tempted you all ;-)

Here is something healthy since I tempted you all with my recipes on the
other post

Grilled Chicken Salad Cosmopolitan will make serving for 4

1/4 cup jellied cranberry sauce
1/4 cup orange marmalade
1/4 cup fresh lime juice
1/4 cup fresh orange juice
1/4 cup vegetable oil
2 tablespoons lemon flavored vodka
4 skinless, boneless chicken breast halves
3/4 teaspoon salt
3/4 teaspoon lemon pepper
1 (10 ounce) bag European blend salad greens or your choice of a green leaf
vegetable
1/2 cup dried cranberries
2 cups diced orange segments
2 tablespoons orange zest strips

Directions
1.. In a small saucepan over low heat, combine the cranberry sauce and
orange marmalade. Warm and stir until melted and well blended. Remove from
the heat and stir in the lime juice, orange juice and vegetable oil. Remove
1/2 cup of the mixture and set aside in the refrigerator for later.
2.. Allow the mixture to cool then stir in the lemon vodka and transfer to
a large resealable bag. Season the chicken pieces with salt and lemon
pepper; place them into the bag with the marinade. Seal the bag and marinate
in the refrigerator for at least 1 hour, turning occasionally.
3.. Preheat a grill for medium heat. Remove the chicken from the plastic
bag, discarding the marinade.
4.. Place the chicken pieces on the preheated grill and cook for 4 to 5
minutes on each side, or until firm and no longer pink in the center. If you
have a meat thermometer, it should measure 160 degrees F (70 degrees C) when
measured in the thickest part. Remove chicken to a cutting board and allow
to rest for about 5 minutes.
5.. While the chicken is resting, combine the salad greens, cranberries,
and orange segments. Pour the reserved citrus marinade over the salad and
toss lightly to coat. Divide the salad between four serving plates. Slice
each piece of chicken crosswise into 1/2 inch strips. Arrange over the tops
of the salads and sprinkle with orange zest strips.

Old April 12th 10, 09:50 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Yowie

"Matthew" wrote in message
g.com
Here is something healthy since I tempted you all with my recipes on
the other post

Grilled Chicken Salad Cosmopolitan will make serving for 4

1/4 cup jellied cranberry sauce
1/4 cup orange marmalade
1/4 cup fresh lime juice
1/4 cup fresh orange juice
1/4 cup vegetable oil
2 tablespoons lemon flavored vodka
4 skinless, boneless chicken breast halves
3/4 teaspoon salt
3/4 teaspoon lemon pepper
1 (10 ounce) bag European blend salad greens or your choice of a
green leaf vegetable
1/2 cup dried cranberries
2 cups diced orange segments
2 tablespoons orange zest strips

Sounds good, but I reckon it would be even better without the vegetable oil,
chicken & salad greens, and with more vodka :-)

Yowie

Old April 12th 10, 11:26 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Joy

"Matthew" wrote in message
g.com...
[...]

It sounds delicious, but I'd have to buy so many things and then use such a
small amount of each that I'll probably never find out just how delicious it
is.

Joy

Old April 13th 10, 12:24 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Stormmee

I just have two things to say to you...
1. my DH is lucky i am monogomus,sp, don't cheat
2. YOU are lucky i am not single

g.com...

Old April 13th 10, 01:32 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Jofirey

"Joy" wrote in message
"Matthew" wrote in message
g.com...
[...]

Went back and looked and the only thing I'd have to buy and wouldn't
use the remainder of is the cranberry sauce.

I love to snack of dried cranberries. We buy them from the bulk
foods bin.

I'd figure out 'something' to do with the rest of the lemon vodka.

Jo

Old April 13th 10, 01:44 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
MLB[_2_]

Jofirey wrote:

"Joy" wrote in message
"Matthew" wrote in message
g.com...
[...]

IMHO cranberry sauce is a good addition to almost any meal. MLB

Old April 13th 10, 02:51 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Matthew[_3_]

"MLB" wrote in message
Jofirey wrote:

"Joy" wrote in message
"Matthew" wrote in message
g.com...
[...]

Toast or on some crackers is always a good snack ;-)