Looking at fostering primarily outdoor kitties

Old June 20th 19, 08:43 PM
Belinda Grainger Belinda Grainger is offline
Junior Member

Location: Midwest
Smile Looking at fostering primarily outdoor kitties

After having mostly indoor kitties most of my life I have decided to foster rescue kitties with a friend of mine. They are outside kitties (mostly) and will need safe outdoor space. I don't want to put them in a small cage or anything. I am looking at making it safe for them in our yard. Does anyone have experience with this type of thing?

So far it looks like I will need:

- Some kind of house/shed/shelter they can access
- Feeding/watering where raccoons and other animals cant easily access it. Some people have suggested scheduled feedings.
- Some type of enclosure or fencing around the area. I want it large enough so they can roam and enjoy. It seems that https://www.purrfectfence.com/ is the most well-regarded one as far as I can tell.

Anyone with experience with this that can lend some insights? Thank you in advance.
Old June 21st 19, 06:53 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.misc
[email protected]

Default Looking at fostering primarily outdoor kitties

On Thu, 20 Jun 2019 20:43:34 +0100, Belinda Grainger
wrote:

- Feeding/watering where raccoons and other animals cant easily access
it. Some people have suggested scheduled feedings.

There is NO WAY that I've ever heard of to safely and securely
leave out food outside without wild animals getting to it.