OT The bears are awake

Old April 2nd 15, 11:05 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Christina Websell

Default OT The bears are awake

"The Other Guy" wrote in message
On Sun, 29 Mar 2015 23:37:50 -0700, Joy wrote:

A year or two ago someone about 25 or 30 miles from me had a bear in
their hot tub. I've never seen one in the wild, except when I was on a
tour in Alaska.

We used to have bears in San Diego county, but it's been
MANY years since I've heard of a sighting here.

But we have snakes, spiders, mountain lions, coyotes,
and probably some other dangerous things (other than
people).

There is some suggestion about reintroducing wolves here on the grounds that
we had them in the 17th century. I am not in favour.
They died out for a reason. We have reintroduced beavers because "we had
them once" and although mainly that's going well, some farmers are already
fed up with them damming their streams and felling their trees.

We can't go back to the past. When there was loads of room here for wolves
and beavers. There isn't now.
There are some wolves in Germany, but that country is huge compared to
Britain; you wouldn't even notice them there.

Old April 3rd 15, 01:30 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Christina Websell

"Joy" wrote in message

Of course she did. I thought it was Americans who weren't supposed to
understand irony.

I have heard that said. Our sense of humour is very different.

Old April 3rd 15, 10:59 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Joy

On 4/3/2015 1:45 PM, Adrian wrote:
"Christina Websell" wrote:
[...]

The only reason wolves died out is they were hunted to extinction. The same
applies to bears and lynx.

Actually, that isn't the only reason. The other reason is that their
habitat has been destroyed, bit by bit.

--
Joy Unlimited
Colorful Crocheted Critters

Old April 4th 15, 08:29 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
jmcquown[_2_]

"Adrian" wrote in message
"Christina Websell" wrote:
[...]

Likely for food back in the day.

Jill
Old April 22nd 15, 01:05 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Christina Websell

"jmcquown" wrote in message
"Adrian" wrote in message
"Christina Websell" wrote:
[...]

?
Even Brits do not eat wolves, bears or lynx.

Old June 28th 15, 02:24 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Christina Websell

"Adrian" wrote in message
"Christina Websell" wrote:
"Adrian" wrote in message
"Christina Websell" wrote:
[...]

Because people are stupid!
--
Adrian

Let's get reasonable. UK is a small place and there is not room any more for
bears, wolves and lynx here.
Where do you think we could have bears??