Ping Mark Edwards!

Old April 5th 06, 11:56 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes

Default Ping Mark Edwards!

Wasn't it you who has the new "office cat"? I'm thinking I might get
one for my mother for Mother's Day, but I've lost your post. Could you
post (or send) the url again?

Joy

Old April 6th 06, 12:11 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes

On Wed, 05 Apr 2006 15:56:56 -0700, joygaylord wrote:

Wasn't it you who has the new "office cat"? I'm thinking I might get
one for my mother for Mother's Day, but I've lost your post. Could you
post (or send) the url again?

Joy

This isn't Mark, but here's the content of his post:
Subject: My new fake cat
From: Mark Edwards
Newsgroups: rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Date: Fri, 31 Mar 2006 14:04:01 -0000

I ordinarily have three or four feline "helpers" near my desk at
home. I cannot have cats at work (darn it!). So I thought I'd get a
stuffed cat for my desk. It looks like this (pardon the quality of my
camera phone's images):

http://tinyurl.com/lagt8
http://tinyurl.com/nhf2r

The online product image is he

http://tinyurl.com/zyja8

I installed the batteries, sat it on my desk, and watched it out of
the corner of my eye. Just like a real kitten, it sleeps on top of the

current book on my desk, it breathes in and out (hence the batteries
-
they say it should breathe for about three months on life support),
and it feels soft to the touch.

It came in a cardboard carry crate like you get at an animal adoption

center, cutesy instructions, and a certificate of adoption on which
you can write your new zombie cat's name.

From the documentation (my comments in brackets):

"Perfect Petzzz (sic) need very little training to remain the
"perfect" pet. Each one was individually tested in Austin, Texas
before being chosen for adoption."

[As long as the command is "sleep", obedience is outstanding. All
other attempts at gaining obedience are exactly as successful as with
real cats]

"Your pet has already been trained to go to the bathroom ONLY when
you are asleep, so it won't even bother you."

[No doubt so it can bury the results under your pillow - just like a
real cat!]

The cat does look realistic, except under close examination. If you
turn it upside down, it looks sadly like the cats who failed to cross

the road.

It also goes a long way toward fixing the "phantom cat" feeling I
get, from expecting a cat to be underfoot, when no cats are in the
vicinity.

In short, I like it. Bonus: the receptionist was speehless when I
showed it to her - whether in sheer admiration of my genius, or
complete, disgusted acceptance of my cat-dorkiness, she failed to
say.
As a denial survival mechanism, I'm going with the first choice...

No animals, real or hallucinatory, were harmed in the making of this
post.

Hugs and Purrs,
Mark
--
Proof of Sanity Forged Upon Request

Old April 6th 06, 03:22 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes

Thank you, Dan. That gives me what I needed.

Joy

PING Mark Marina Cat anecdotes 2 December 29th 05 03:29 PM
Good Unka Ping Magic Mood Jeep© Cat anecdotes 10 December 29th 05 01:45 PM
Ping and the Rubble family Magic Mood Jeep© Cat anecdotes 4 December 18th 05 05:55 AM
PING BOYFRIEND Sir Weeble Wobblybottom Cat anecdotes 9 March 12th 05 01:08 AM
Ping & Weeble visit TED (long) Magic Mood JeepĀ© Cat anecdotes 22 November 11th 04 02:35 PM