Purrz fur Onyx...

Old May 14th 07, 07:32 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.community
Cory

Default Purrz fur Onyx...

Onyx doesn't know it yet, but he's going to go to TED'z dis week to,
among other things, have some of his blood stolen from him by TED. I
talked to Mom (hiz Grandmeowmie), and she's concerned about Onyx
losing weight. She doesn't think his problem is anything acute or
even that serious (like cancermonsters, fur instance). She thinks
that he might have a thyroid problem. Apparently, he's lost a good
3-4 pounds (which is a considerable amount of weight for Onyx... it's
not that he's a small cat, either. He's just such a stocky boy and
big all the way around [big frame, nice, stable weight until now,
lotsa muscle], that his weight loss has been noticeable. He's still
the same size, in terms of his frame, but he's getting to be skin and
bones nowadays, even though, according to mom, he's eating fine.

Onyx actually "eats like a horse", according to my mom. He's just not
gaining any weight, and in some respects, he's not keeping the weight
he's already got. I've known about the concern for weeks (Mom and Dad
just got back from winter down south), but no one was overly concerned
enough by any abnormalities to want to mess around with finding a TED
down south (in other words, it's never been an emergent problem).

There IS one interesting tidbit about Onyx that I learned during last
night's conversation with my mom... Onyx HATES, HATES, HATES TED. I
don't know when this all started, since he was OK with me when he
first came to live with me back in '94 as a baby kitten, and had to go
to TED to be "tutored", et al, but he won't even let TED steal any of
his blood anymore without TED zonking Onyx out first with
anesthesia!!! That's just an indication for y'all of how hissy he
gets with TED nowadays.

I will let the kitties and Anti's and Unca's know what's in store for
my little brat cat as soon as I know something myself.

--- Unca Cory

Old May 14th 07, 08:14 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.community
Stormmee

we are happi ta purr fur yourown furnd anna fur yourown famili dat nothin iz
veri wrong and whut iz wron kan be fized ez, Tiger fur his howze
ups.com...

Old May 14th 07, 11:05 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.community
Granby

I iz sorri ta hear abouz onyx and will PURRRR for himwnself. Piglet
assumeing the meatloaf position and beginning to Purrrr loudly. Scooter D*G
lays beside her and crosses her fromt paws and lays her head on them.
ups.com...

Old May 14th 07, 02:28 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.community
Unclefred

Cory wrote:

[...]

Dis might just be a case of hisownself kitten older. Has hisownself effer
bean alone wif dis TED?

Diana, Ryan, & Cinnamon

--
Regards, Fred
Remove FFFf from my address to reply.
Old May 14th 07, 06:28 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.community
Pi2nya AKA Sweetee

Purrzzzov helf furr Onyx tu gayne wate!

PPuuuuRRRRRzzzzzPppPuUUuuRRrrRRrrRRrrZZZzzzzzz
--
Pitô.ônya

Old May 14th 07, 07:14 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.community
John Ross Mc Master

On 13 May 2007 23:32:58 -0700, Cory wrote:

[...]

I had Ann Norexya when I was younger. I lost a lot of wate and I was
fors fed fur a month. Better now.
Onyx, you get better and betterer, hear???
Purr Purr Purr Purr Purr........

Cinder
Old May 14th 07, 07:30 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.community
The Porter Cats

Unca Cory, I act like dis, tuu. Yu tel Onyx I sed, Gud luck! An please keep
us poasted.

Bear

ups.com...

Old May 14th 07, 09:44 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.community
Cory

On May 14, 7:28 am, Unclefred wrote:
Cory wrote:
[...]

My mother said the same exact thing the other night when she told me
about the appointment, so that is also a possibility as well. Onyx
will be 13 in October, FTR. Humans, the older they get, the more
weight they start dropping. It's just human nature and the way that
our bodies work. Cats and d*gs may be the same way.

Has hisownself effer bean alone wif dis TED?

I have no idea, furkids. I haven't taken care of Onyx since the late
90's. In a lot of ways, Onyx really, really blossomed, being with my
mom and dad. In other ways, he's gotten more and more cranky and
easily irritable. I don't know how much of that is purely him, and
how much of that is the influence of the other cats on Onyx's
personality/temperament.

Diana, Ryan, & Cinnamon

--
Regards, Fred

--- Unca Cory

Old May 15th 07, 01:07 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.community
Unclefred

Cory wrote:
[...]

Ourownselves' Hooman duzn't seem to be loosin any an he's kitten older!?!

Has hisownself effer bean alone wif dis TED?

I have no idea, furkids. I haven't taken care of Onyx since the late
90's. In a lot of ways, Onyx really, really blossomed, being with my
mom and dad. In other ways, he's gotten more and more cranky and
easily irritable. I don't know how much of that is purely him, and
how much of that is the influence of the other cats on Onyx's
personality/temperament.

That's a puzzle alrite. Maybe ifn he's feelin weaker he feels da need to
push others harder, but it's just a guess. We will hold Onyx in da light
and purr fur hisownself.

Diana, Ryan & Cinnamon.

Old May 15th 07, 01:39 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.community
Mme. Anaïs ^..^[_2_]

On 13 May 2007 23:32:58 -0700, Cory's nimble, little paws typed:

[...]

We'ze sendink owr purrz!
--
Purrs,

Mme. Anaïs
5/14/2007 8:39:16 PM

Onyx: All That Glitters Susan Zeigler Cat anecdotes 5 April 15th 07 07:45 PM
Purrz fur a d*g Tabitha Fluffytail Cat community 14 December 3rd 06 07:35 AM
Onyx yew heer? Shahna Cat community 9 August 17th 06 07:04 AM
Onyx: Up on a Roof Susan Zeigler Cat anecdotes 14 April 14th 05 09:35 AM
Onyx: A Mouse a Day Susan Zeigler Cat anecdotes 12 April 13th 04 05:30 AM