Sammy and Bandit News

Old January 10th 05, 12:48 AM
CatNipped

Default Sammy and Bandit News

Sammy went on an outing today with me to PetsMart. I'm trying to get her
used to traveling with me and not just to TED. She's not at all afraid (of
course, being Sammy). She sits quietly next to me in the truck and
sometimes stands up to look out the side or rear window (amazing people who
happen to glance our way when she does). She rides around in the seat part
of the push basket when we get there.

*EVERYBODY* in PetsMart, customers and staff alike, stopped to pet her and
exclaim how soft she is (she does have an amazingly soft coat). People were
surprised that a cat was shopping - you see mostly dogs there and only very
rarely a cat customer.

We went to visit the poor little kitty waifs in their cages (SunSmart adopts
out of our PetsMart). They all stood up and were interested in a fellow cat
visiting them. One stuck out a little paw to try to touch her (but, being a
paranoid mommy, I didn't let her get *too* near).

We walked by the tropical fishes and Sammy was amazed by the freshness of
the Sushi bar. She was even more tempted by the fresh fowl (parakeets,
parrots, love birds, etc.) and red meat (hamsters and mice). She was *VERY*
disappointed that she wasn't allowed to dine there!

The amazing part of this whole outing was that everyone who stopped to pet
Sammy said the same thing - "Oh she is so *GOOD* to sit in the cart and ride
around like that!" Sammy??? Good??? *Sammy*????? *Good*?????
Bwhahahahahahahahahahahahahahahaha!

Actually, she was very, very good. The only time she tried to jump down out
of the basket was in the toy section, and I let her down (she was in a
harness and leash) to browse among the toys and test out a few. I bought
her the one she liked the best (a furry "tail" on a stick).

Good news about Bandit (and all the girls, really) - they're getting used to
eating the canned food and between the four of them will eat almost 2 cans a
day now (mixed well with warm water). I'm hoping this helps Bandit
"concentrate her urine" better and stave off any potential kidney problems.
They still have their crunchy food available, so they're not going hungry
even when they don't eat the canned, but I'd rather they follow doctor's
orders than not.

Hugs,

CatNipped

Old January 10th 05, 01:21 AM
Sherry

Sammy went on an outing today with me to PetsMart. I'm trying to get her
used to traveling with me and not just to TED.

That's how my daughter socialized Orion. She pretty much takes him everywhere
that he's allowed in. (home improvement stores, antique stores, anyplace they
don't serve food). It's funny how people react. They act like they've never
seen a cat before. I guess it *is* a lot more unusual than seeing a dog out and
about with its owner.
The only problem she has is the same thing you're going to have with Sammy.
He's just too heavy to carry for very long.

Sherry

Old January 10th 05, 11:13 AM
polonca12000

What a great update! Thanks.
Best wishes,
--
Polonca & Soncek

"CatNipped" wrote in message
Sammy went on an outing today with me to PetsMart. I'm trying to get her
used to traveling with me and not just to TED. She's not at all afraid

(of
course, being Sammy). snip

Old January 10th 05, 03:30 PM
Kreisleriana

On Mon, 10 Jan 2005 00:48:47 GMT, "CatNipped"
yodeled:

Sammy went on an outing today with me to PetsMart. I'm trying to get her
used to traveling with me and not just to TED. She's not at all afraid (of
course, being Sammy). She sits quietly next to me in the truck and
sometimes stands up to look out the side or rear window (amazing people who
happen to glance our way when she does). She rides around in the seat part
of the push basket when we get there.

Oh! ROFL at the image! PLEASE take a picture.

Actually, I once knew of a big rabbit who lived in a liquor store, who
liked to ride around in the cart when the shelves were being
restocked. That sight always gave the patrons pause.

*EVERYBODY* in PetsMart, customers and staff alike, stopped to pet her and
exclaim how soft she is (she does have an amazingly soft coat). People were
surprised that a cat was shopping - you see mostly dogs there and only very
rarely a cat customer.

We went to visit the poor little kitty waifs in their cages (SunSmart adopts
out of our PetsMart). They all stood up and were interested in a fellow cat
visiting them. One stuck out a little paw to try to touch her (but, being a
paranoid mommy, I didn't let her get *too* near).

How adorable. I can't do that too often myself, because the sight of
all the lovely kitties who need homes always boggles me too much.

Your Sammy is just one amazing little (enormous) critter.

Theresa
Old January 10th 05, 03:49 PM
Seanette Blaylock

Kreisleriana had some very interesting
things to say about Sammy and Bandit News:

Your Sammy is just one amazing little (enormous) critter.

When I relay Sammy's latest exploit to DH, I refer to her as "the
mega-kitten". Works for us. :-)

Old January 10th 05, 04:41 PM
Irulan

When I saw that picture of Sammy sitting so nicely on Santa's lap, I KNEW
she was good. What a lucky meowmie you are to have such good furbabies. I'm
jealous. Jazz will kill anybody who even looks at him.
Jazz & his mama

--

Irulan
from the stars we come

Old January 10th 05, 05:42 PM
Kreisleriana

On Mon, 10 Jan 2005 11:41:40 -0500, "Irulan"
yodeled:

When I saw that picture of Sammy sitting so nicely on Santa's lap, I KNEW
she was good. What a lucky meowmie you are to have such good furbabies. I'm
jealous. Jazz will kill anybody who even looks at him.
Jazz & his mama

KILL anybody??????? Who LOOKS at him?????????!!!

Theresa
Old January 10th 05, 05:44 PM
SUQKRT

In article , "CatNipped"
wrote:

[...]

I'm beginning to suspect that Sammy is an intelligent kitty and her
mischievious behavior is curiosity.

I'm glad Bandit is adapting to the new food.
Suz
Macmoosette

"People that hate cats will come back as mice in their next life."
--Faith Resnick

|\__/|
(=':'=)
(")_(")

Old January 11th 05, 06:04 PM
Exocat

wrote
Sammy went on an outing today with me to PetsMart.

Pericles writes:

Concatulations Sammy on deigning to be so well-disciplined on your trip
in the big Out. I can tell you from personal experience that should you
so choose you'll be able to go on future expeditions like that when you
so instruct your Hoomin.

I don't like cars much so don't go Out beyond walking range of home, but
am well known in my quiet country village for walking my Hoomin around
at the end of his extendable lead. He doesn't much like my stopping
every few yards to investigate interesting smells but I expect to have
him better trained eventually.

BTW I _did_ reply to your previous mail but I think your Hoomin may have
overlooked the message and forgotten to read it to you. So here it is
again:

Dear Sammy

Please call me Peri from now on.
Before we go to private mail (as someone is sure soon to suggest that we
"get a room" - not too bright as we've both already had our painful TED
visits) here's a reply interspersed with yours:

You (via "CatNipped") wrote:
Mommy showed me your pictures and I think
you are very, very handsome. I especially liked the picture of you in
your
garden watching Snowball (we also have a fluffy little white thing
here and,
although she is much older than me, she is much littler than me and
runs
away from me). Your magnificent tail (giving Snowball the flip, I
see, LOL)
just fascinates me. I hope mine showed up as well in my pictures.

Fang u kindly, young ma'am (ma'am is what British hoomins call their
Queen, and you're certainly of no less a status). I have more
unpublished photos to share in due course, as I hope you have.
Unfortunately my white fluffbucket is a powerful round thing, still half
a Hoolikitten, and regularly confronts me. I often have to swat it
around the chops with my mighty paw to keep it outa my face.
My hoomin tries to keep my tangly tail in order (it always brings in
half the grass, leaves and bushefromin the garden when I'm Out) but
sadly has low standards, which me meets admirably. "Too Busy" is no
excuse, in my NSH opinion. Yes, I
loved your tail (crowning glories, aren't they) too.

I am very much interested in becoming your penfriend, and possibly
your
girlfriend.

That's wonderful news! My hoomin tells me that our telecomms. outfit
hasn't yet seen fit to instal Broadband at our local village exchange,
so I can't promise an exchange of videos or anything, but maybe the
occasional photograph can pass between us, as well as news, information
and pleasantries?

My hoomins do what I tell them to or I bite them, *hard*. Of course
then
sometimes my mommy cries out like a little kitten and I have to lick
her
face to make her feel better, so I don't do that as much as I used to,
but I
have them pretty much trained already so that's OK.

My hoomin's too aggressive for that: recently I biffed him on the head,
nearly shattering his glasses, when he dared to pull tangles out of my
sensitive rear quarters, and he had the nerve to cuff me right back!
No, my revenge is more subtle: when something happens that I don't like,
such as a neighbouring cat passing through - instead of round - my
garden or the litterbox being uncleaned for over 8 hours, I just wee my
the front or back door, the natural place as they're the borders of my
In territory. Hoomin hates that, because the front carpet then needs a
good soak and scrub in expensive deodorizing/cleaning fluid (he's mean
as well as lazy) or the back cement NEVER loses the sweet "me" aroma.
Try it sometime and watch your hoomins jump through hoops to keep you
happy and encourage you not to do it again!

Have the happiest of New Years, my purry furry, and please write soon.

BTW, I really loved the video of you so athletically chasing down that
pesky red Greebling, but I don't think your hoomins appreciated what a
serious business it was. Time for a few stern words, I believe.

Yours affectionately

Pericles
(via Exocat the Incompetent Pytist)