Indoor cats

Old August 18th 05, 04:32 PM
cardkitty

My little Siega loves to go outside.. but we only let her when we are
out too. Here in Arizona, sometimes our concrete porch (and often even
the dirt) will be too hot for her feet (of course she doesn't believe
us 'til she trys it for herself.) Plus, after being outside for a
little while she starts to chew on some of the grasses and weeds.
Yeah, then she either chocks on it then spits it out or gets a little
sick. She still hasn't figured that one out so we just watch her while
we're out.

Kathryn

Who are Kathryn & Siega?
http://www.CardsYourWay.US/about_me.html

Old August 18th 05, 04:58 PM
Karen

Who are you responding to?

wrote in message
ps.com...
Wow, after my own heart.

Old August 18th 05, 05:34 PM
Exocat

wrote
TEST - snipping all my own warbling to see if I have finally got it
right, apologies for the years I'd thought that if I hit reply, you'd
know what I was replying to, no-one mentioned it before, thanx Cheryl!

You've got it!

If any previous post today was in reply to any of mine about training my
boys to the leash and could merit a reply, please re-send with a bit of
the original post included so I can tell (if you still can, that is).
Ideally to RPCA only, I don't post in those others.

TIA

Gordon & the FF

Old August 18th 05, 06:38 PM
Julie Cook

In today's Atlanta Journal Constitution about a community 30 minutes
east of downtown Atlanta, GA and about 20 minutes NE of my house:

The Atlanta Journal-Constitution
Published on: 08/18/05

"Early Sunday morning, Jenni Duncan stepped onto her front porch only to
find a coyote with her cat in its mouth, yards away.

Duncan screamed, and the coyote ran off with Gray Kitty, a gray-haired
cat with white feet. Duncan, her husband and two neighbors, one of them
brandishing a softball bat, went looking for Gray Kitty, also known as
Boots, to no avail."

And of course you have all heard my stories of foxes although I'll admit
I find it amusing to watch the foxes, raccoons and 'possum all eating
the birdseed at the same time. They've come to some sort of
understanding amonth themselves. My cats, however, will stay indoors
where it is safe and I'll light a candle tonight for Gray Kitty.

Julie

Old August 18th 05, 07:34 PM
Dan M

No, America is obsessed with ligitation, or fear of litigation. Every time
someone so much as sneezes out of place, they're slapped with a lawsuit.
Well that's how it appears to us over here in the UK anyway.

It's like speed limits, they say you have to keep your speed below 30mph
in case you hit a child. What the hell is the child doing in the middle of
the road in the first place..? Don't their parents educate them..?

Ivor

I don't know how it is in the UK, but in the US the answer to that
question is "No". They trust in the schools to educate their kids, train
them in how to behave, teach them common sense, etc. My perception is that
the vast majority of US parents don't educate their kids.

Not even in the importnat stuff, like how to treat cats properly.

Dan