Ware is efurrybuddy?

Old August 14th 03, 03:58 AM
Spook

Wow, Gizmo, yu gotta rilly nice terris. Dere's so much tu look at in Mew York an yu iz
up so high. I brotted sum nipwinecooler dat will be refreshin on a summers affernoon.

Stormy

Yur furry fawtful. Ill get glasses an nip chips.

Tharez a big cartin out heer. Wud yu like tu sit in it, or wud yu purrfurr
sittin on a blankit?

Gizmo

Lets sit wher we kin hab da best view ov da city an yu kin point out all da sights.

Stormy, settlin down fur da city lights

Liddle stripey tabby turns the big carton upside down and puts a blanket over
it. Letz sit up heer, so we kin luk in all direkshunz. Luk norf, see that
tall bildin wiff the brite lites at thuh top? Thatz thuh Empurrr State Bildin.
Lukkin souf, tharez lotza wadder thatz thuh harburrr. Im glad weer up heer an
not down thare.

Gizmo, pouring nipwine

--
emayl me at furpods at mindspring dot com
Old August 14th 03, 06:16 AM
Da Koster Katz

Arlene Knop wrote:
Ware thuh heck iz efurrybuddy? This groop haz bin too kwiet fur too
many dayz. HELLLLOOOOOOOOOOOO ARE YEW THERE????????

Gretchen Marie, wundering if efurrybuddy iz hiding frum thunderstormz

We'ze heer, GM! Meowmie haz been wurkin lotsnlots, but wuddnt yu no,
tuniyte, wen she haz tyme tu let uz meow, da hisspittin noossufur wuz
offlion. Day hadda powur owtage in Berlin. But itz bak up now.

An inna meentyme, we awl haz been watchin da Meowinurz tromp all offur
da Toronto BlooJayz. Final: 13 tu 6!!!! HA! Tayke dat!

Junior fur da gang

--
****Dogs have owners. Cats have staff.****

Koster Katz: http://www.willapabay.org/~seabreez
RPCC Glossary: http://www.willapabay.org/~seabreez/glossary.html

Old August 15th 03, 02:33 AM
Arlene Knop

Da Koster Katz wrote:

Arlene Knop wrote:
Ware thuh heck iz efurrybuddy? This groop haz bin too kwiet fur too
many dayz. HELLLLOOOOOOOOOOOO ARE YEW THERE????????

Gretchen Marie, wundering if efurrybuddy iz hiding frum thunderstormz

We'ze heer, GM! Meowmie haz been wurkin lotsnlots, but wuddnt yu no,
tuniyte, wen she haz tyme tu let uz meow, da hisspittin noossufur wuz
offlion. Day hadda powur owtage in Berlin. But itz bak up now.

An inna meentyme, we awl haz been watchin da Meowinurz tromp all offur
da Toronto BlooJayz. Final: 13 tu 6!!!! HA! Tayke dat!

Junior fur da gang

--
****Dogs have owners. Cats have staff.****

Koster Katz: http://www.willapabay.org/~seabreez
RPCC Glossary: http://www.willapabay.org/~seabreez/glossary.html

BAZEBALL! YUK! Meowmie wudn't feed me my afternoon snak today until
after they sang fur thuh sebenth inning stretch fur thuh Cubs. Ize bin
reminding her of her prioriteez but all she did wuz threten to snip my
tayle wif her sewing sizzers.

GM, not wanting to share attenshun wif dum bazeball
Old August 15th 03, 04:20 AM
dsh-diva

On Thu, 14 Aug 2003 20:38:44 -0500, Arlene Knop
wrote:

dsh-diva wrote:

An' da Cubbies wonned yesfurday tuu, agenst da Hoostun Asfro'z, an' now
da Cubbies iz only a gaym anna haf bak uf furst pwayse!!!

YAY! Pawpa'z sew furry eggsited, I fink heez gunna burst!!!

--- Onyx (and Unca Cory)

Weze heer, we postid da offur day butted noffin shewed up!! So we try
agin. Meomies bin furry bizzee wif da kitshen renurvashun and haz
been meenmeen by lokking ourownselfs up inna da bak bedrrom to keep us
owt uf da way. We showed her tho, we klawed up her noo carptit rite
down to da bare wood rite by da door!!! She wuz furry mad wif us and
dint speak or pet us for a longlong tyme. But we furgiffed her and
now weze gettin pets and soft words agin.
weze missed being here!! Xena and Callisto

Sumtymes dissisplin is hard fur hoomins to take but we hav to do it
anyway fur their own good. They pout fur awile and then realize that
kitteez are more preshus than stuff in thuh houze. Yew were furry
generus to furgif her. I hope yew got lotsa treets fur it.

Gretchen Marie, admiring thuh karpet shredders

Fangu GM, but meowmie duznt giff us treets ennymoor kuz we fro up wen
we gets dem. we just getted too eggsited anna den swallow dem wifout
chooin dem. Xena and Callisto
Old August 15th 03, 06:56 AM
Sylvia M.

Hmmm...whut kud it bee bowt?

Dyna, revving up hur brane uh liddul

(I hope this goes through and lands in about the right place,
Outlook Express said it couldn't "resolve" my post...Sylvia)

Old August 15th 03, 07:38 AM
Da Koster Katz

Expounding a bit more about the changes at news.cis.dfn.de for those who
are interested and don't know about it.......

Cory wrote:

On Wed, 13 Aug 2003 22:16:46 -0700, Da Koster Katz said...

We'ze heer, GM! Meowmie haz been wurkin lotsnlots, but wuddnt yu no,
tuniyte, wen she haz tyme tu let uz meow, da hisspittin noossufur wuz
offlion. Day hadda powur owtage in Berlin. But itz bak up now.

OH!!! Is *that* what happened??? Hmmm... Funny... I switched news
server names, to the new news.individual.net, and things started working
again right away, so I thought they just changed over to the new name and
I missed it somehow. FWIW, I did go to the website and they did say that
they were going to start using the new name LAST WEEK, so, like I said, I
just figured that that was what the problem was and I had a brain fart
about it.

Since I first heard about the name change (quite by accident - did you
get an email announcement?) I have been checking out posts on
alt.free.newsservers. That's where I saw the announcement that Berlin
had an outage, and that the Freie Uni. of Berlin servers were offline.
They were working again last night. (BTW, postings to a.f.n. about
news.individual.net will be prefixed with [Individual] to make them
easier to find).

As for the name change from news.cis.dfn.de to news.individual.net:

http://groups.google.com/groups?hl=e...bcb73f3&rnum=7

is the original announcement made to alt.free.newsservers about the name
change. You can also check out the same announcement at:

http://news.cis.dfn.de/namechange-en.html

They state "Existing configurations will continue to work without the
need for modification because the technical separation of services will
take place internally on the server-side."

I checked in further threads on alt.free.newsservers, and TPTB did state
that eventually everyone WILL have to make the name change, but they
don't have a specific timeline for this. OTOH, I don't think that
changing now is a bad idea - I did it last night. Simply went into my
news.cis.dfn.de configuration and substituted news.individual.net.
Worked like a charm. Current usernames and passwords for the cis.dfn.de
server will work on the individual.net server - no need to reregister.

--- Onyx (and Unca Cory)

Anti Joan, wif purrmishyun uf da Koster Katz

Old August 15th 03, 07:44 AM
Da Koster Katz

Sylvia M. wrote:

Hmmm...whut kud it bee bowt?

Dyna, revving up hur brane uh liddul

(I hope this goes through and lands in about the right place,
Outlook Express said it couldn't "resolve" my post...Sylvia)

Funny fing, Anti Sylvia. Wen da Berlin surfur wuz bak onlyon lazt
niyte, we clicked onna pozt furum yu, an it wuz furum sumwun elze. An
it sed it wuz inna nuffur noosgroup (eefen tho we wuz clickin in rpcc).
An it was in GERMAN! Dat happent inna cuppul uf uffur noosgroops, tu.
We figgered it had sumfin tu du wif da Berlin powur owtage yestidday, an
da reported damij tu da surfur.

Hmmm....furry suspishyuz. Power owtage in Berlin yestidday, power
owtage in Mew Yawk an uffur partz uf da eest an Catnada
tuday....Coinseedence or Catspiracy? We wunner......

Junior fur da Koster Katz

Old August 16th 03, 03:11 AM
Adam

Nobuddy sits in da rocker excep Lionel (RB) an sumtimez me. It haz a
pillo
with a latchhook picture of him! I lyke bein under da rocker chair

becuz
it's sorta lyke an enklozed space, wich I like.

Allegra

Ize not allowed to sit in thuh rocker cuz it haz a bergundee colored
cushun made of cord or roy (I don't know who they are) and my furz gets
all ofur them. There's a teddybare sitting ther rite now.

GM, still worreed that Allegra wil get rocked on

I think Cord or Roy werked together befure it wuz Sigfried an Roy.

Both da rocker seat an under it are MY spaces, an Louise knows that. I lyke
enklosed spaces. Boxes or under da rocker or under da bed. Akshually I wud
share dem wif Louise but Louise says no place is big enuf fur both uv us,
excep da top of da bed.

Allegra

Old August 16th 03, 03:13 AM
Adam

Hmmm...whut kud it bee bowt?

Dyna, revving up hur brane uh liddul

Du yu meen da TEC meeting? We haven't had a TEC meeting in a longlong time.
I have an idear or two. Du yu wanna start a noo thred abowt it?

Allegra, VP TEC

Old August 16th 03, 08:31 PM
Gizmo

Dat waz shur nice, bein wiff yu wen thuh lites wur out. Take a luk now, wiff
all the lites bak on. Wud yu like anuffur drink, or sumfin tu eet?

Gizmo

Gizmo, how did y'all (including Meowmie) fare during the blackout? I was
thinking of you kitties. I think the last time that Spook posted was on
the 13th, which, IIRC, was the day before the blackout, correct?

--- Unca Cory

Datz rite, Unka Cory. We cats got our fud an water, an mom spent lotsa time
wiff me on thuh bed. But she kept skwirtin hurself wiff sparkly water, wich waz
furry stranj. Az long az she dint skwirt me.

shy liddle Gizmo, from a distance

It was awful! I enjoyed the last two major blackouts, cause I was much younger
and circumstances were different. But this time my major concern was the cats,
and I didn't know in time that the water would go off, and I had just one gallon
bottled water, and several bottles of seltzer. Eventually, I talked someone
into bringing more water up.... 19 floors, in the dark, and hot. I paid him
well. And then a good friend brought up more water and some rations.

My neighborhood was one of the last to regain power, just before 30 hours.
There was incredible loud cheering at the second the lights returned. Cold
water was back an hour later. Still waiting (3:30 pm) for hot water. Washed my
hair this morning with cold water.

Kami, feeling more comfortable now

--
emayl me at furpods at mindspring dot com