I forgot about the Chinooks

Old November 16th 06, 04:24 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Susan M

Default I forgot about the Chinooks

I knew it was too good to be true. Shouldn't have been crowing about how
Otis is sweet, cuddly, and hibernating for the winter.

The crazy warm Chinook winds came through lastnight, melting the snow,
blowing cars and semis off the highways, and winding Otis up like a spring.
Nothing like a wild warm wind to set the cats about acting like its spring.
He wanted OUT.

Meanwhile, the 40 year old pregnant lady was up until 2 AM working on a
Powerpoint presentation for tonight as Treasurer for the non-profit where I
serve. Fell in bed like a log only to have Otis wake up.

When he really wants our attention, he goes over to the closet, opens it up
from the bottom, and then waltzes around making a racket in there. I wanted
it to stop. So, I got up to give him more food, discovered that the dish
was full, and that he was running to the door to go OUT instead. He had
some problem with his box not being perfectly pristine I figured so I sat at
the top of the basement stairs to give him the company he needed to do his
deed. He did it and then ran back up to go OUT. No luck with him going OUT
and no luck with me getting any sleep for the rest of the night.

Tonight, lack of sleep combined with third trimester hormones will probably
result in me bawling my head off on stage with a microphone. Crying over
financial statements and budgets. When I try to explain its because of my
cat, they'll call the men with the white coats and my children will be
ostracized (its a school) ...

All because of one very bad cat, who will nap peacefully all day.

Susan M
Otis and Chester

Old November 16th 06, 06:15 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Kreisleriana

On Thu, 16 Nov 2006 08:24:17 -0700, "Susan M"
yodeled:

I knew it was too good to be true. Shouldn't have been crowing about how
Otis is sweet, cuddly, and hibernating for the winter.

The crazy warm Chinook winds came through lastnight, melting the snow,
blowing cars and semis off the highways, and winding Otis up like a spring.
Nothing like a wild warm wind to set the cats about acting like its spring.
He wanted OUT.

Meanwhile, the 40 year old pregnant lady was up until 2 AM working on a
Powerpoint presentation for tonight as Treasurer for the non-profit where I
serve. Fell in bed like a log only to have Otis wake up.

When he really wants our attention, he goes over to the closet, opens it up
from the bottom, and then waltzes around making a racket in there.

Oh yes! I know it well. Stinky actually makes a tiny little discreet
noise-- the famous "rummage . . . rummage rummage" but it is
absolutely maddening. It's almost more like it's inside my head than
outside.

Theresa

Make Levees, Not War
Old November 16th 06, 06:48 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Susan M

"Kreisleriana" wrote in message
Oh yes! I know it well. Stinky actually makes a tiny little discreet
noise-- the famous "rummage . . . rummage rummage" but it is
absolutely maddening. It's almost more like it's inside my head than
outside.

That's IT!!!!! The absolutely maddening rummage rummage sound. It's
virtually impossible to ignore.

Susan M
Otis and Chester

Old November 16th 06, 07:20 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Marina

Susan M wrote:

All because of one very bad cat, who will nap peacefully all day.

Aaaw, Susan! The things you go through for Otis!

Old November 17th 06, 03:59 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Victor Martinez

Susan M wrote:
All because of one very bad cat, who will nap peacefully all day.

He's such a cutie...

--
Victor M. Martinez
Send your spam he

Old November 23rd 06, 10:08 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
polonca12000

Susan M wrote:

[...]

Lots and lots of calming purrs and hugs for you, Susan,
Polonca and Soncek