Purr request for Rob

Old June 9th 09, 03:46 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
tanadashoes

Default Purr request for Rob

As most of you know, my husband Rob is battling cancer. Two weeks ago it
began to take an ominous turn. He acted out of it, like he'd had a seizure
so I took him to the Emergency Room. Diagnosis, dehydration due to Rob
deciding that he didn't like the Diet Green Tea that I bought for him any
more and refusing to drink anything as a result. Last Wednesday we were
waiting for his chemo appointment when all of a sudden Rob just slumped in
his chair with his eyes and mouth open. He was admitted for observation and
then released. Today, we'd just seen his oncologist for a follow up
appointment and I had just pulled onto the street beside the hospital when
Rob did it again.

I'm getting to know the Rapid Response team on a first name basis. I told
Rob to pee on one of the nurses the next time they put a urinal where he
can't reach it. I signed permission for them to do whatever testing they
need for him and gave them a list of his medicines. He has recovered
somewhat, but he still is not himself.

Please could he have good thoughts, purrs and prayers from the group?

Thank you,

Pam S.

Old June 9th 09, 05:43 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Jofirey

[...]

Only if you will accept purrs for you as well.

I'd hate it if it seemed like life was just happening to me, not
something I could control. (Not very big on the notion of destiny)

Things have gone better than you feared they might for some time now.
While these setbacks are ominous in that they were unexpected and you
don't understand what is behind them exactly. they might not be as
definitive as you think. Maybe just a couple of bumps in the road.

Purrs, prayers, and the very best wishes as well for you and yours.
(All of them)

Jo

Old June 9th 09, 07:43 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Joy

Purrs and prayers are definitely on the way.

--

Joy

No amount of time can erase the memory of a good cat, and no amount of
masking tape can ever totally remove his fur from your couch. - Leo Dworken

Old June 9th 09, 08:27 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Shel-hed[_2_]

On Mon, 8 Jun 2009 22:46:06 -0400, "tanadashoes" wrote:

Thank you,

Pam S.

Purrs for Rob, and a big drooly headbutt and a paw on the noz furr you.

Old June 9th 09, 09:59 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Adrian[_2_]

tanadashoes wrote:
[...]

Good thoughts and purrs on the way.
Cats leave pawprints on your heart

Old June 9th 09, 11:32 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
wafflycat[_2_]

Zillions of good vibes heading Rob's way - yours too.
Old June 9th 09, 01:30 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
D Mahoney

Please could he have good thoughts, purrs and prayers from the group?

Thank you,

Pam S.

Rob has been on our purr list for a while now, but we'll step up the
intensity.

Dan

PURR REQUEST Matthew Cat anecdotes 12 February 10th 07 08:26 PM
My first purr request Lorraine Cat anecdotes 36 March 4th 05 11:39 PM
Purr Request CatNipped Cat anecdotes 40 February 28th 05 01:19 AM
Purr Request [OT] CatNipped Cat anecdotes 35 February 27th 05 03:51 PM
Purr request Julie Cook Cat anecdotes 45 October 31st 04 01:02 PM