[NASTY STUFF ALERT] What kind of idiot responds to a message...

Old October 17th 04, 12:19 AM
S.M. Serba

I post using Hotmail because they filter my mail before I download it. My
Outlook gets stuffed with spam and I have to filter it after the fact.
Wastes a lot of my time. And I otherwise use my non-hotmail account for my
business. Pointless, since that is now where I am getting all my spam....

As for someone's previous post about offline conversations, as this thread
is off topic, it should be offline of this NG. Anything tending towards off
topic subjects, or content which might incite flame wars should be taken
offline. Thus, not munging your address or posting in your signature line
another method of displaying a valid address makes other communications
possible.

The OP, Electric Nachos, has munged their replyto address making offline
communications impossible unless you happen to know their real addy.

I advise anyone to have an address provided by a free service, like Yahoo
mail or Hotmail, just for NG posting. And to post their addy in their
sigline eg. smserba at hotmail dot com. The spiders and email harvesters
cannot identify that as an address. But they can pick up the addresses in
quoted replies.

"Christina Websell" wrote in message
Why? I'm on this group to swap anecdotes about my cats. If you aren't try
another group.
I'm not quite sure why I'm suspicious of hotmail posts, but I am and your
post wasn't helpful.

Tweed

"S.M. Serba" wrote in message
It didn't take googling a thousand posts. All it took was 2. Try it
yourself...

"Christina Websell" wrote in

message

I also gotta wonder about someone who spoils a thread in a kind
newsgroup.
PLONK

"Electric Nachos" wrote in message
I gotta wonder about a fat ass who has nothing better to do than

Google
thousands of posts to follow a trail.

Don't have much a life, huh.

S.M. Serba wrote in message ...
Actually, that's a munged addy. The real addy is

or
.

Gotta wonder about someone who wants a conversation and then munges

their
addy so your offline comments get bounced.

--
Missey, Mandy and Sam III
The Karamel Koloured Kat Kollection

PLONK

Old October 17th 04, 01:18 AM
Rrb

S.M. Serba wrote:
I post using Hotmail because they filter my mail before I download it. My
Outlook gets stuffed with spam and I have to filter it after the fact.
Wastes a lot of my time. And I otherwise use my non-hotmail account for my
business. Pointless, since that is now where I am getting all my spam....

As for someone's previous post about offline conversations, as this thread
is off topic, it should be offline of this NG. Anything tending towards off
topic subjects, or content which might incite flame wars should be taken
offline. Thus, not munging your address or posting in your signature line
another method of displaying a valid address makes other communications
possible.

No munging your address is necessary because of spambots. Now I agree
with the part of putting a contact method in your signature line. I
myself just use a valid email address in the from line that is a
throwaway address that can be changed at any time.

I advise anyone to have an address provided by a free service, like Yahoo
mail or Hotmail, just for NG posting. And to post their addy in their
sigline eg. smserba at hotmail dot com. The spiders and email harvesters
cannot identify that as an address. But they can pick up the addresses in
quoted replies.

You mean currently they can't - which is good. As a programmer I could
write a routine that would figure out the email address by replacing the
at with @ and dot with a . character. Better to put a word or
character in the address that is invalid and give instructions on
removing it.

Old October 17th 04, 02:59 AM
Jo Firey

"CatNipped" wrote in message
3 tablespoons butter, softened
1/2 cup sifted powdered sugar
6 (1 oz) squares of semisweet chocolate, finely grated
1 egg yolk, slightly beaten
2 tablespoons white creme de cacao
24 whole almonds
1/2 cup finely chopped almonds

Cream butter; gradually add sugar, beating well. Add chocolate, egg yolk
and
creme de cacao; heat until blended. Chill mixture 1 hour. Shape mixture
into
1" balls, inserting one whole almond into center of each; roll in almonds.
Cover, refrigerate overnight.

Sounds wonderful.

Quick and Easy Black Bean Soup.

One can Black Refried Beans
Same amount of chicken broth
A shot of sherry if you like it.
Maybe a touch of olive oil
Salt, pepper

Heat to simmer and stir well, add more broth of you wish. Serve in bowl
with a spoonful of sour cream topped with a spoonful of salsa. Two nice
servings.

Jo

Old October 17th 04, 07:07 AM
EvelynVogtGamble(Divamanque)

Electric Nachos wrote:
It's apparent you gotta wonder about anything at all if you think this is a
"kind" newsgroup!

And it's even MORE apparent that you've not read many of the
posts here! (PLONK, encore!)

Old October 17th 04, 10:35 AM
Adrian

Electric Nachos wrote:
It's apparent you gotta wonder about anything at all if you think
this is a "kind" newsgroup!

You obviously haven't looked to see this thread has been crossposted.
PLONK

Old October 17th 04, 06:35 PM
Bobcat

I think a lot of us use Hotmail for the same reason as you do, S.M.
Serba - to foil Spam. I mung up my real Hotmail addy with "UNSPAM",
and use an ISP mailbox for my non-newsgroup business & private
correspondence, which only gets occasional spam. "Tweed", that's why
you can't really judge anyone who uses Hotmail for doing so.

Old October 18th 04, 01:00 PM
Bobcat

"Cheryl" wrote in message
On Sat 16 Oct 2004 09:29:36a, Adrian wrote in
rec.pets.cats.anecdotes ):

Bobcat wrote:

This troll (whose expletives I've trimmed) gets his jollies by
annoying people who read cat newsgroups. Yesterday in effect,
he told the rec.pets.cats.misc crowd they shouldn't neuter or
spay their animals, sanctimoniously calling them "animal
mutilators". I suggest a cumulative plonk of this person, as
I'm about to do. The address is There's
no one sadder than a troll who can't catch anyone because no
one's reading his/her bilge!

I must have plonked him before as I never saw the original post.

No, these posts (multiple threads; if you don't read other cat
groups you'd have never seen them) were *never* xposted into RPCA.
The first one was xposted by Bobcat, and the OP just followed up to
his/hers which is why you are even bothered by them. The real
question is, why did Bobcat xpost the thread (ok, new subject line,
but still xposted) into RPCA? Maybe he needed a recipe?
Cheryl

I've heard privately from someone else in this newsgroup
(rec.pets.cats.anecdotes) and have apologized to them for
crossposting. Further, I think a group apology is required, so this is
it. Sorry. My only reason is that I have an aversion to persons -
especially trolls - who attempt to disconcert readers of cat
newsgroups for their own warped pleasure, and was expressing my
aversion of them to those readers.
Bobcat