tuxedo party

Old October 24th 14, 08:53 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Sylvia M[_3_]

Default tuxedo party

"Larry Stark" wrote in message
On Fri, 24 Oct 2014 08:21:13 -0500, "Matt Ferrari"
wrote:

"Sylvia M" wrote in message

an interesting site is: http://messybeast.com/bicolours.htm

Pit2nya is actually a Black-smoke-and white tuxedo kitty
most of her dark hairs are 'tipped silver', mostly white, but
black starts
close to the tip
Her white is classic tuxie with a batman mask, white collar,
underbelly,
and all four legs and feet
I post a photo titled "I Am Looking At Me"
http://imgur.com/ioHxwRG

cute

http://cats.about.com/od/coatcolorpa...tuxedo-cat.htm

My fur babies:

http://lestark.webs.com/

So many!
Furry has furry interesting markings.
Rascal (RB) reminds me of a cow...
I probably would nave named him Cowey,
but Rascal was probably a good fit ;-)

Old October 25th 14, 07:33 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Christina Websell

"Matt Ferrari" wrote in message

"Christina Websell" wrote in message

"Matt Ferrari" wrote in message

"Christina Websell" wrote in
message ...

"Matt Ferrari" wrote in message

anyone got one of these cuties?

Unable to get it to load

Sorry how about

this?

http://imgur.com/AeBe0sc

that isn't a tuxedo cat.

I do what i can, its listed on the tuxedo party site on facebook

My understanding of a tuxedo cat is one that has a solid coloured body and
white front. It's not a term we use here in UK and I've learned it from
this group.
We don't have calico cats either - we call them tortoiseshell and white.

Old October 26th 14, 10:23 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
jmcquown[_2_]

"Matt Ferrari" wrote in message

"Christina Websell" wrote in message

"Matt Ferrari" wrote in message

"Christina Websell" wrote in
message ...

"Matt Ferrari" wrote in message

anyone got one of these cuties?

Unable to get it to load

Sorry how about

this?

http://imgur.com/AeBe0sc

that isn't a tuxedo cat.

I do what i can, its listed on the tuxedo party site on facebook

My understanding of a tuxedo cat is one that has a solid coloured body and
white front. It's not a term we use here in UK and I've learned it from
this group.
We don't have calico cats either - we call them tortoiseshell and white.

The difference between a Calico cat and a Tortie is true Calicos are
strictly female. Torties may have mottled coats that combine the shades
of a Calico, with a white ruff or underbelly. Tuxedos do not have to be
black & white. Not everything about Tuxedo cats falls within your
apparently vague idea.

Jill
Old October 26th 14, 11:04 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Lesley Madigan

Well I'd call Bonnie a Tuxedo..although given what she's just done that's the mildest thing I'd call her- she's sitting next to me and shall we leave it as she passed wind?

Lesley

Slave of the Fabulous Furball (but watch this space)
Old October 26th 14, 11:14 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Lesley Madigan

My understanding of a tuxedo cat is one that has a solid coloured body and
white front.

I've always understood tuxedo to mean black and white (or any other colour and white)mixed throughout the body and head. Bonnie is black on top and tail and white underneath. She has white feet but her legs start black then go white apart from her left front leg which is black down to her white paw.. She has a white and black chest the the white from her chest comes up and covers the lower part of her face and all of her neck. The back from her body extends over the top of her neck and forms a mask on around her eyes and ears

Lesley

Slave of the Fabulous Furball (watch this space)
Old October 28th 14, 09:03 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Christina Websell

"jmcquown" wrote in message

that isn't a tuxedo cat.

I do what i can, its listed on the tuxedo party site on facebook

My understanding of a tuxedo cat is one that has a solid coloured body
and
white front. It's not a term we use here in UK and I've learned it from
this group.
We don't have calico cats either - we call them tortoiseshell and white.

The difference between a Calico cat and a Tortie is true Calicos are
strictly female. Torties may have mottled coats that combine the shades
of a Calico, with a white ruff or underbelly. Tuxedos do not have to be
black & white. Not everything about Tuxedo cats falls within your
apparently vague idea.

Jill

Vague idea?
My understanding of tuxedo is a smart white vest on the front on any colour
cat. Is this not so?
It's not a term we use here though.

Old October 29th 14, 12:35 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
dgk

On Tue, 28 Oct 2014 21:03:38 -0000, "Christina Websell"
wrote:

"jmcquown" wrote in message

[...]

I thought a tuxedo cat was black with a white vest. Isn't that what a
tuxedo looks like? I think I wore one once for some wedding. Now I
don't even think I have a suit that doesn't have holes in it. Scooter
looks exactly like a tuxedo except he has white feet. It really is
funny, all shiny black except for the vest and the little feet.
Old October 30th 14, 06:27 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Christina Websell

wrote:

"jmcquown" wrote in message

[...]

Yes, they have white vests and feet - so maybe I have to look at the photo
again: but if they have white on their upper body they are not tuxedos.
Kitty Farmcat was a black tuxedo with smart white legs/feet.
I never heard the term tuxedo except on here - my vet had never heard the
term, but it's great. It exactly describes their coat pattern.

Boyfie is described on his vet records as "tabby & white domestic shorthair"
It does not take into account how beautiful his mackerel tabby coat is
especially now it's grown back ;-)
Domestic shorthair means that he's just an ordinary cat with no pedigree.

Old October 30th 14, 11:46 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
jmcquown[_2_]

wrote:

"jmcquown" wrote in message

[...]

While a true formal tuxedo (not even a cat) involves a white shirt and
vest (chest) and a formal black coat, tie and black trowsers... I guess
you didn't see the young man's "tuxedo" of the late 1970's. My prom
date wore a powder blue tux with a ruffled shirt. We had no taste in
clothes back then. LOLOL

"Now I don't even think I have a suit that doesn't have holes in it. Scooter
looks exactly like a tuxedo except he has white feet. It really is
funny, all shiny black except for the vest and the little feet.

Just saying, I've seen some orange cats with white vests that certainly
look like they could be called tuxedo cats. And they aren't even
wearing white spats!

Jill
Old October 31st 14, 11:50 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Jane[_3_]

On Thursday, October 30, 2014 7:46:32 PM UTC-4, jmcquown wrote:
Just saying, I've seen some orange cats with white vests that certainly
look like they could be called tuxedo cats. And they aren't even
wearing white spats!

Jill

I believe a tuxedo cat is a black cat with the white vest and paws. But my Fin was a tabby cat with the white vest and paws, so I called him a Tuxedo Tabby.
Rita's just a tortie - 3 or more colors with no white (except the white belly spot where they shaved to spay her. The fur grew back white).

Jane
- owned and operated by the Princess Rita

A candle for, Tennessee Tuxedo. Adrian[_2_] Cat anecdotes 6 February 9th 12 12:11 AM
Tuxedo IS Definitely Best Kitty in World harry Cat anecdotes 5 March 1st 10 08:44 PM
Purrs for a very unfortunate tuxedo cat... Gandalf Cat anecdotes 6 February 21st 10 05:22 PM
A tiny Tuxedo! jmcquown Cat anecdotes 2 February 10th 06 05:31 PM
Tuxedo cat, brown freckles? Mary Cat health & behaviour 13 March 14th 05 10:38 PM