Wake-up call

Old October 31st 14, 03:27 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
jmcquown[_2_]

Default Wake-up call

On 10/31/2014 10:55 AM, dgk wrote:
On Thu, 30 Oct 2014 21:04:21 -0400, jmcquown
wrote:

On 10/30/2014 8:01 PM, Joy wrote:
On 10/30/2014 12:26 PM, MaryL wrote:

"Christina Websell" wrote in message

"jmcquown" wrote in message
"dgk" wrote in message
Why must you be so judgemental?

Because our bodies repair themselves during sleep and we need 6-8 hours.

~~~~~~~~
It would be nice to sleep straight-thru for 6-8 hours, but I always need
to get up a couple of times and head for the bathroom. That's my own
body, though, not the cats. They let me sleep as long as I want (or am
able).

MaryL

I know exactly what you mean. Occasionally I only have to get up once,
but that's rare.

Joy

These days I generally wake at least once in the wee hours (say 5AM) to
use the toilet. Then I go back to bed. I did the same thing when
Persia was with me.

Sleeping straight thru really has nothing to do with dgk giving his cat
Nipsy some dry kibble simply because he gets up to use the bathroom at 4PM.

Jill

It's actually not all the time. Sometimes I stagger into the bathroom
at 4am and no one follows me so no food gets put out. Sometimes Nipsy
just likes attention so he'll whine for some food and then pretty much
ignore when it gets put out. But usually he's munching on First
Breakfast when I'm already back in bed.

I just think Tweed was being a little harsh, pretty much calling you
crazy for indulging Nipsy on occasion when you are already up. It's
almost as if she's trying to get you to *train* your cat. LOL

Persia used to wake me up at 6AM. That's because I had to get up and
get ready for work. So that's when I fed her. Yes, for years, she was
my little alarm clock. Tapping my nose with her soft fuzzy paw, even on
days when I didn't have to get up. She wasn't starving, she really just
wanted me to wake up and pay attention. :-D

Jill
Old October 31st 14, 04:19 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Cheryl[_5_]

On 2014-10-31 12:33 PM, dgk wrote:
On Thu, 30 Oct 2014 16:58:51 -0400, jmcquown

"jmcquown" wrote in message
"dgk" wrote in message
Why must you be so judgemental?

Because our bodies repair themselves during sleep and we need 6-8 hours.

dgk already said he's up at that time to use the bathroom. It's not as
if he's setting an alarm clock to add some kibble to the bowl at 4AM.

Jill

Now that really would be a bit over the top. Most of us don't get
enough sleep, but waking up once during the night and getting right
back to sleep isn't a big deal or I'd do something about it. It
wouldn't surprise me to find out that it's even healthy to get up and
move around a bit.

I know that you're supposed to move around at work, that it isn't
healthy to work work work. I often get up and take a walk to the water
cooler or even head outside for a bit. But I'm a computer programmer
so I can pretty much do what I want at work. As long as the work gets
done, no one really cares when or how I do it.

There's a claim that in pre-industrial societies it was quite normal to
have a 'first sleep', wake up for a while, maybe even engage in
activities such as praying, interpreting dreams, talking with others
etc., and then a second sleep, after which everyone would get up for the
day's work.
Old November 1st 14, 07:56 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Christina Websell

"jmcquown" wrote in message
"dgk" wrote in message

Why must you be so judgemental?

Because our bodies repair themselves during sleep and we need 6-8 hours.

~~~~~~~~
It would be nice to sleep straight-thru for 6-8 hours, but I always need
to get up a couple of times and head for the bathroom. That's my own
body, though, not the cats. They let me sleep as long as I want (or am
able).

MaryL

I'm having a problem with the clocks being put back last Sunday and so is
Boyfie.
I wake up at stupid-o-clock like 4 am and he thinks he has to have his
breakfast at 6 and his tea not long after 2.30pm.
So in order to not make him think that the meal is at 2.30 now, I have go
out to avoid him.

Old November 1st 14, 09:28 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Joy

"jmcquown" wrote in message
"dgk" wrote in message
Why must you be so judgemental?

Because our bodies repair themselves during sleep and we need 6-8 hours.

~~~~~~~~
It would be nice to sleep straight-thru for 6-8 hours, but I always need
to get up a couple of times and head for the bathroom. That's my own
body, though, not the cats. They let me sleep as long as I want (or am
able).

MaryL

I'm having a problem with the clocks being put back last Sunday and so is
Boyfie.
I wake up at stupid-o-clock like 4 am and he thinks he has to have his
breakfast at 6 and his tea not long after 2.30pm.
So in order to not make him think that the meal is at 2.30 now, I have go
out to avoid him.

We don't set our clocks back until tonight.

Joy
--
Joy Unlimited
Colorful Crocheted Critters
Old November 3rd 14, 06:54 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
EvelynVogtGamble(Divamanque)

Judith Latham wrote:
In article , Christina Websell
wrote:

I'm having a problem with the clocks being put back last Sunday and so
is Boyfie. I wake up at stupid-o-clock like 4 am and he thinks he has to
have his breakfast at 6 and his tea not long after 2.30pm. So in order
to not make him think that the meal is at 2.30 now, I have go out to
avoid him.

Sootie usually has difficulty adjusting to it but this year, with me being
at home, she doesn't really know where she is and what happens at what
time anymore. it's got even more confusing for her as DH has been at home
last week so everything was different again and now it's just us. This
might not sound unusual but her timetable was set when I went out to work

Arizona (being the contrary state it is) does not observe daylight
savings time, so it's I who am confused, not the cats. Depending upon
where they originate, some of my TV programs are the same, some are not
- just about the time I adjust to the new schedule, it's spring and the
times shift again!
Old November 3rd 14, 09:19 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Jack Campin

"EvelynVogtGamble(Divamanque)" wrote:
Arizona (being the contrary state it is) does not observe daylight
savings time,

except where it does:

http://www.cntraveler.com/stories/20...nnings-maphead

so it's I who am confused, not the cats. Depending upon where they
originate, some of my TV programs are the same, some are not - just
about the time I adjust to the new schedule, it's spring and the
times shift again!

The most complicated choice of TV I've ever had was in a hotel in
Edirne, in Turkey near the three-way border with Greece and Bulgaria.
All three countries had the same signal strength. But all I seemed
to get was cooking programmes in three languages.