Silly Pickles!

Old November 3rd 14, 10:44 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Joy

Default Silly Pickles!

I don't understand Pickles at all. When Waffles was alive, he had to
have a small amount of canned food every day. Pickles wouldn't have
anything to do with it.

Since Waffles went to the Bridge and Koala moved in, Pickles has
changed. Koala also wants canned food, and gets very vocal about it.
Sometimes when I give it to him, Pickles won't even come into the
kitchen. However, the past few days she has come in and acted as though
she wanted some. I put a very small amount into a dish and give it to
her. Sometimes she won't even go near the dish. Usually she looks at
it, then walks away. That's what she's done the past couple of days.
However, she has now added something new. She waits until Koala is
almost finished with his dish of food. Then she shoulders him away and
avidly licks the bowl clean. He walks over and eats the tiny bit of
food in the dish I put down for Pickles.

--
Joy Unlimited
Colorful Crocheted Critters
Old November 3rd 14, 11:22 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
toci

On Monday, November 3, 2014 4:44:09 PM UTC-6, Joy wrote:
[...]

Part of the adjustment for top cat? Or a bonding process? Toci
Old November 4th 14, 12:41 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Joy

On 11/3/2014 3:22 PM, toci wrote:
[...]

Who knows. Cats are inscrutable. ;-)

Old November 4th 14, 01:46 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Christina Websell

"Joy" wrote in message
[...]

They are jealous of each other. Pickles does not want you to give Koala
anything more than she is getting (even though she might not want it
herself)
Koala retaliates by doing similar. It's a subtle way of being abusive to
each other without fighting and I wouldn't allow it.
I suggest you feed them in separate rooms for now or I can see Pickles
exploding about "I always get the best food from my meowmie, not you" It
doesn't matter whether she seems to want it, (she does)
She's jealous because she's lost her brother and doesn;t want to share your
love with a new cat.
I once thought that as Kitty Farmcat & Boyfie got on so well, that when I
lost her, it might be a good idea if I got another to keep him company.
He's made it clear that the answer is "over my dead body"
He never used to fight when she was here but now he's up for it if he sees a
cat in the garden.
He prefers staring and sometimes that works. If that doesn;t work after 2
hours. he approaches and says "what part of the go away stare don't you
understand?"
and if they still don't get the idea, he gives them his sing song (which is
a threat, but if you go away now we won't have a fight")
It usually works and it rarely comes to a fight.

Unless a cat comes into the house and then it's it's an immediate fight.
KFC was the same, "a cat comes into my house? well, bad idea that cat"
She was very tiny but no cat near here would even dare be in the garden and
when one began bullying Boyfie (her apprentice at the time) she took a very
dim view.of that.

She was very aware of Boyfie being bullied in the garden but she was trying
to get him
to get him to stick up for himself and not rely on her all the time.. She
was retired, lying by the fire. Until that bullying cat came into the
house after Boyfie.
Well, that cat had not seen her before and then he wished he hadn't ;-)
She rose from the fire, chased him up the walls and then attached herself to
his back.
He was twice her size, but that never mattered to her.

Although it might have been more about "do not come into my house and
disturb my sleep or you are well dead" ;-)

Old November 4th 14, 01:57 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
toci

On Monday, November 3, 2014 6:41:40 PM UTC-6, Joy wrote:
On 11/3/2014 3:22 PM, toci wrote:
[...]

Close cats share food. Niebuhr and Tillich, litter mates, would eat from their bowls and then trade bowls. They also shared their litters of kittens, born at about the same time, with Tillich doing most of the nursing and Niebuhr doing most of the "protecting." Their people were apparently the only ones that knew which kittens came from which mother. Toci
Old November 4th 14, 07:56 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Joy

"Joy" wrote in message
[...]

They get along as well as most brothers and sisters do, especially when
there's a considerable age difference. They squabble a little now and
then, but for the most part they get off fine. I often find them lying
just a few inches from each other, and occasionally they're cuddled
together.

Joy

Old November 4th 14, 07:56 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Joy

On 11/3/2014 3:22 PM, toci wrote:
[...]

Aww! That's sweet.

Joy

Old November 4th 14, 12:28 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Stormin Mormon[_4_]

On 11/3/2014 7:41 PM, Joy wrote:

Who knows. Cats are inscrutable. ;-)

High class cats are inscrutable. Middle
class cats are eccentric, feral gutter
cats are just crazy.

-
..
Christopher A. Young
Learn about Jesus
www.lds.org
..
Old November 4th 14, 07:17 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Joy

On 11/4/2014 4:28 AM, Stormin Mormon wrote:
On 11/3/2014 7:41 PM, Joy wrote:

Who knows. Cats are inscrutable. ;-)

High class cats are inscrutable. Middle
class cats are eccentric, feral gutter
cats are just crazy.

-
.
Christopher A. Young
Learn about Jesus
www.lds.org
.

LOL!

--
Joy Unlimited
Colorful Crocheted Critters
Photos at http://www.PictureTrail.com/joy9

Silly, silly humans! Ranger Greykitten Cat community 14 October 26th 11 04:23 PM
Just something very silly [email protected] Cat anecdotes 4 January 31st 08 01:53 AM
Silly cat Adrian Cat anecdotes 11 February 2nd 06 03:19 AM
[OT] Silly D*g! CatNipped Cat anecdotes 7 December 1st 05 04:31 AM
How silly of me..... Mischief Cat anecdotes 4 May 30th 05 01:59 PM