Otis and Andrew

Old February 27th 07, 11:03 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Susan M

Default Otis and Andrew

Well, the first few days were rough. Andrew needed to eat constantly and
cried a fair bit and Otis was locked in the basement at night so that he
wouldn't keep prying at the door. When I went to pet him afterwards, he
actually shrank away from my hand and wouldn't let me touch him. He turned
his back, walked away, and wouldn't come when he was called. It was a bit
much what with the lack of sleep and the hormones and such and I teared
right up. What an ungrateful little guy - fickle affections after so much
time and effort spent on him!

Since then, we've got Andrew more sorted out and I'm sleeping back in our
bedroom with the monitor where Otis can join me. All is right with the
world. Now that he can have nighttime access, he is once again my BFF.

Susan M
Otis and Chester

Old February 28th 07, 12:05 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Victor Martinez

Susan M wrote:
Well, the first few days were rough. Andrew needed to eat constantly and

But we knew that going in, right? I mean, he's your third! ;-)

Awwww.... he's mad at you! That means he loves you very much!

Since then, we've got Andrew more sorted out and I'm sleeping back in our
bedroom with the monitor where Otis can join me. All is right with the
world. Now that he can have nighttime access, he is once again my BFF.

Yay!!!! All is well.
What do the boys think of Andrew?

--
Victor M. Martinez
Send your spam he

Old February 28th 07, 12:39 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
mlbriggs

On Tue, 27 Feb 2007 16:03:43 -0700, Susan M wrote:

Well, the first few days were rough. Andrew needed to eat constantly and
cried a fair bit and Otis was locked in the basement at night so that he
wouldn't keep prying at the door. When I went to pet him afterwards, he
actually shrank away from my hand and wouldn't let me touch him. He turned
his back, walked away, and wouldn't come when he was called. It was a bit
much what with the lack of sleep and the hormones and such and I teared
right up. What an ungrateful little guy - fickle affections after so much
time and effort spent on him!

Since then, we've got Andrew more sorted out and I'm sleeping back in our
bedroom with the monitor where Otis can join me. All is right with the
world. Now that he can have nighttime access, he is once again my BFF.

Susan M
Otis and Chester

It is tough having two babies at once. I'm glad baby Andrew is sleeping
better. Big babies do require more food. I remember (so long ago) that
JB put himself on a two hour schedule and not the four hour the doctor
prescribed. Otis's nose is out of joint, for sure, but he will adjust.
Best wishes. MLB

Old February 28th 07, 02:11 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
[email protected]

Susan M wrote:

Otis was locked in the basement at night so that he wouldn't keep
prying at the door. When I went to pet him afterwards, he actually
shrank away from my hand and wouldn't let me touch him. He turned
his back, walked away, and wouldn't come when he was called.

What a drama queen!

It was a bit
much what with the lack of sleep and the hormones and such and I teared
right up. What an ungrateful little guy - fickle affections after so much
time and effort spent on him!

Oh, no, I don't think his affections are fickle. I'll bet he was just
having a little tantrum because he felt rejected.

He's a scary-smart little beast, isn't he? I don't think any of my cats
would make the connection between being stuck in the basement, and the
fact that I was the one who put them there. Whenever I need to shut Roxy
into a room, she's always grateful when I open the door to let her out.
I don't think she remembers who's responsible for her being there in the
first place. I'm that great gal who came to let her out!

Since then, we've got Andrew more sorted out and I'm sleeping back in our
bedroom with the monitor where Otis can join me. All is right with the
world. Now that he can have nighttime access, he is once again my BFF.

sigh of relief Whew!! Glad everyone's settling into the new world order
at your place.

What does BFF stand for, again?

Joyce
Old February 28th 07, 04:52 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Susan M

"Victor Martinez" wrote in message
Susan M wrote:
Well, the first few days were rough. Andrew needed to eat constantly and

But we knew that going in, right? I mean, he's your third! ;-)

Do you think I can remember that far back ? ;-) Besides, I was so tired
then that I have no memories of that time!

Awwww.... he's mad at you! That means he loves you very much!

It really felt like he had dropped me like a hot potato. Selfish little
guy!

Yay!!!! All is well.
What do the boys think of Andrew?

I'm assuming that you mean the bare kids? Jane and Sam are ok with him so
far though have noticed that I am spending a lot less time with them right
now. That's probably easier on my eldest than it is on Sam. They're
generally doing quite well. Chester is marvellous, as usual. Adapted right
away.

Take care,

Susan M
Otis and Chester

Old February 28th 07, 04:55 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Susan M

"mlbriggs" wrote in message
news
It is tough having two babies at once.

At least Andrew will eventually grow up! Otis will be a baby forever ;-)

I'm glad baby Andrew is sleeping
better. Big babies do require more food. I remember (so long ago) that
JB put himself on a two hour schedule and not the four hour the doctor
prescribed. Otis's nose is out of joint, for sure, but he will adjust.
Best wishes. MLB

Andrew does need a lot of food and seems to be growing very well to boot. I
don't mind so much - its a short time anyway and I'm also glad to be getting
some help losing that 55 pounds! He's also on a 2 - 3 hour schedule, though
had a 4 hour stretch last night. This too shall pass ...

Take care,

Susan M
Otis and Chester

Old February 28th 07, 04:58 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Susan M

wrote in message
What a drama queen!

Isn't he though! There was cat barf on the back hall rug this AM too.

Oh, no, I don't think his affections are fickle. I'll bet he was just
having a little tantrum because he felt rejected.

I don't know. He's pretty self oriented that one. He was sure glad to be
back cuddled up in bed though!

He's a scary-smart little beast, isn't he? I don't think any of my cats
would make the connection between being stuck in the basement, and the
fact that I was the one who put them there. Whenever I need to shut Roxy
into a room, she's always grateful when I open the door to let her out.
I don't think she remembers who's responsible for her being there in the
first place. I'm that great gal who came to let her out!

Chester is like that. Totally delighted to be let out. Otis can't stand
being behind that locked door with that little monster keeping him from his
bed warmer (me)!

sigh of relief Whew!! Glad everyone's settling into the new world order
at your place.

I expect that there will be ups and downs along the way. At least having
the two older kids, I know that things will right themselves in the end
eventually.

What does BFF stand for, again?

As Victor said, Best Friends Forever. It always reminds me of Paris Hilton
et al when I see that expression. Sort of tongue in cheek.

Susan M
Otis and Chester

Old February 28th 07, 05:28 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Marina

Susan M wrote:
Well, the first few days were rough. Andrew needed to eat constantly and
cried a fair bit and Otis was locked in the basement at night so that he
wouldn't keep prying at the door. When I went to pet him afterwards, he
actually shrank away from my hand and wouldn't let me touch him. He turned
his back, walked away, and wouldn't come when he was called. It was a bit
much what with the lack of sleep and the hormones and such and I teared
right up. What an ungrateful little guy - fickle affections after so much
time and effort spent on him!

Since then, we've got Andrew more sorted out and I'm sleeping back in our
bedroom with the monitor where Otis can join me. All is right with the
world. Now that he can have nighttime access, he is once again my BFF.

Aww, I'm glad you are back to normal with Otis. Purrs that he grows to
love Andrew in spite of him stealing his meowmie for a while.

Pics at http://s120.photobucket.com/albums/o185/frankiennikki/
http://uk.pg.photos.yahoo.com/ph/frankiennikki/
http://community.webshots.com/user/frankiennikki

Andrew mlbriggs Cat anecdotes 1 February 23rd 07 02:16 AM
why doesn't Andrew grasp furiously Sexy Longshoreman Cat anecdotes 0 September 11th 05 02:24 PM
Otis Marcia Cat anecdotes 8 March 26th 05 08:31 AM
Otis Marcia Cat anecdotes 3 March 24th 05 05:57 PM