Do they know what they've got?

Old April 14th 06, 11:08 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes

Default Do they know what they've got?

Mr. Clark, I was told, was rescued on a country road, not neutered at
the time. He has some facial scars indicating catfights.

I think he remembers enough to know he does NOT like the Out. As far
as people and cats, however, he's only mildly fearful of something new
(if at all). As soon as a bare baby is put down, he immediately grooms
it. If humans sit down and are upset, he's immediately standing on
their laps, a paw on each shoulder, rubbing noses, and usually licking.
Old April 14th 06, 11:32 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes

Howard C. Berkowitz wrote:

As soon as a bare baby is put down, he immediately grooms
it. If humans sit down and are upset, he's immediately standing on
their laps, a paw on each shoulder, rubbing noses, and usually licking.

What a sweetheart! I also love the image from your other post, of him
letting the kittens "nurse" on him while he lay there with a martyred
expression. He sounds like a very affectionate, loving cat.

Joyce
Old April 15th 06, 01:09 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes

In article ,
wrote:

Howard C. Berkowitz wrote:

As soon as a bare baby is put down, he immediately grooms
it. If humans sit down and are upset, he's immediately standing on
their laps, a paw on each shoulder, rubbing noses, and usually licking.

What a sweetheart! I also love the image from your other post, of him
letting the kittens "nurse" on him while he lay there with a martyred
expression. He sounds like a very affectionate, loving cat.

Joyce

Once I move, get him a dental, etc., I'm going to see if we can
volunteer to do pet therapy. In the meantime, he monitors my stress
level closely.

They all are affectionate, but he remains the most so. There are
occasional times where, however, he and Rhonda will lie facing one
another, with her chattering away. At least one sound has special
meaning: it gets him to hiss, rise, and give her a straight right jab
that sends her flying. He then lies back down with a distinct HARRUMPH.
Old April 15th 06, 03:02 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes

On 13 Apr 2006 19:23:37 -0700, "Enfilade"
wrote:

Sheba has lived with me since she was a little kitten so she really
knows no other way of life. However, she would be better pleased if I
took my duties to her more seriously. Like, forget that stupid
diabetic diet while keeping good food in front of her so she can gain
ten pounds or so, and pet her more frequently, like 15 hours a day.

Robin appreciates his home; but would rather be outdoors on a nice
day. He is fearless and is sure he can run off that feral tomcat
living in our yard.

Djoser knows how well he has it here. He remembers very well how his
life was 13 years ago. He was traumatized so the memories will never
fade. He feels that I am his goddess and I brought him to heaven. He
adores me and follows me and even leads me about the house. He would
be lost without me. I can't sleep without him beside me.

--
CATherine
Old April 15th 06, 03:03 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes

On Fri, 14 Apr 2006 18:08:02 -0400, "Howard C. Berkowitz"
wrote:

Mr. Clark, I was told, was rescued on a country road, not neutered at
the time. He has some facial scars indicating catfights.

I think he remembers enough to know he does NOT like the Out. As far
as people and cats, however, he's only mildly fearful of something new
(if at all). As soon as a bare baby is put down, he immediately grooms
it. If humans sit down and are upset, he's immediately standing on
their laps, a paw on each shoulder, rubbing noses, and usually licking.

Aww! Mr. Clark is a nurse cat. What a sweetie!

--
CATherine