Cat Emergency

Old December 22nd 07, 05:27 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.health+behav
Cat Protector

Default Cat Emergency

This morning I had to take my cat Icarus to the vet because he was throwing
up a lot and wasn't able to urinate in the litterbox. Apparently despite the
treatment of antibiotics he got blocked and the vet said he definately had a
bit of a backup and 8 hours longer and he might not have made it. They're
definately have to do surgery and I was able to work out a payment plan with
the vet because I'm short of funds. He's also going to have to spend his
birthday at the vet and I'm going to miss him terribly. I hope everyone can
say a prayer for him and keep him in your thoughts. The vet is absolutely
wonderful and really cares about his patients but I know this going to be an
expensive procedure so I'll have to work all of this off from now until the
end of time. Icarus is worth it though and if anyone wants to know the name
of the vet feel free to email me.

The vet told me that sometimes cats that are being treated for UTI will
sometimes still get blockages. It didn't make me feel any better and I
couldn't apologize to Icarus enough about leaving him there and for him
having to go through all this. I was a bit in tears over all this mess and I
plan on visiting him this afternoon and bringing him another Purr Pad and a
toy mouse. It will be very hard to sleep tonight without him being around
but luckily I have Isis and Jade for comfort.

Old December 22nd 07, 05:32 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.health+behav
Gail[_2_]

You were very wise to bring him in to the vet ASAP. I think he will be fine
with the surgery. Read up on the subject to educate yourself so you can best
help him.
Gail

Old December 22nd 07, 05:46 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.health+behav
Cat Protector

I have and thanks. However, the financial will be really tough being self
employed and the Christmas season has really been slow. I asked the vet if I
could do a payment plan so hopefully it won't be so painfully expensive that
I have to work for the next 2 years to pay off his medical bill. He's worth
it to me. The vet says that some people have actually had their cat
euthanized because they constantly went through the blockages. That made me
even sadder. It's going to be very hard to sleep tonight or go to any
holiday parties knowing he's there at the vet.

Old December 22nd 07, 05:56 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.health+behav
Gail[_2_]

Yes, I know it is very expensive (veterinary fees). Hopefully it will not be
exorbitant. Keep us posted. One of my male cats gets urinary crystals so I
know a little of what you are going through. Keep the faith and keep us
posted.
Gail

blockages. He spend thousands of dollars

Old December 22nd 07, 06:18 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.health+behav
Cat Protector

Me too. The vet is excellent and I feel so bad having to ask them for a
payment plan or hope they'll take some kind pity on me. This was such an
unexpected expense because I thought I'd done everything to prevent him from
getting a blockage including getting him on antibiotics early. I feel so
horrible that he was suffering overnight and all I could do was try and
comfort him as best I could.

Old December 22nd 07, 10:39 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.health+behav
Cat Protector

I just heard from the vet and he is going to make it. They found a lot of
blood in his urine but it was tough to get the catheter in. He's still under
sedation and the vet is hopeful he'll wake up tomorrow and will be hungry.
I'm still stressed about this whole situation but am hopeful that everything
financially will work out. He definately had a terrific vet working for him.
If anyone is interested he's at Four Peaks Animal Clinic in Scottsdale.

Old December 22nd 07, 11:07 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.health+behav
Cat Protector

Thanks. I do as well.
--
Nohl Rosen
Panther TEK

www.panthertekit.com
. ..

Old December 23rd 07, 03:05 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.health+behav
honeybunch

On Dec 22, 6:07 pm, "Cat Protector" wrote:
Thanks. I do as well.
--
Nohl Rosen
Panther TEK

. ..

"Gail" wrote in message
[...]

How much is he charging you?
Old December 23rd 07, 06:34 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.health+behav
Candace

On Dec 22, 3:39*pm, "Cat Protector" wrote:
I just heard from the vet and he is going to make it. They found a lot of
blood in his urine but it was tough to get the catheter in. He's still under
sedation and the vet is hopeful he'll wake up tomorrow and will be hungry.
I'm still stressed about this whole situation but am hopeful that everything
financially will work out. He definately had a terrific vet working for him.
If anyone is interested he's at Four Peaks Animal Clinic in Scottsdale.

Poor little guy. Sorry to hear he's sick but it sounds like
everything will turn out okay for him.

Candace