Pet feeders

Old February 17th 04, 10:49 PM
Mark Irvine

Default Pet feeders

Hi,

I have an interesting query. My girlfriend has two cats and has to be away
from her lovely cats for a period from time to time. The problem that we
have is that one cat is a greedy so and so and also the more dominant cat.
We use pet feeders, the problem being that all pet feeders seem to be
designed for one cat. This means that no matter how carefully we set them
one opens before the other and Nina (the more dominant one) ends up eating
the better part of two meals while Misti (the quieter one) ends up going
hungry. So the question is does anyone know of a cat feeder that can open
both doors at the same time reliably. The other option of course is to bolt
the two flaps of the existing double feeder together so that they have to
open at the same time!!

Thanks in advance for your suggestions,

Mark

There are 10 types of people in the world, those that understand binary and
those that don't!

Old February 18th 04, 01:09 AM
Victor Martinez

Is there a reason why your gf doesn't free-feed her cats? Our cats get
wet food twice a day and have kibble available all the time. Most cats,
unlike dogs, will not over eat.

--
Victor Martinez
Send your spam he

Old February 18th 04, 02:55 AM
~*Connie*~

"Victor Martinez" wrote in message
Is there a reason why your gf doesn't free-feed her cats? Our cats get
wet food twice a day and have kibble available all the time. Most cats,
unlike dogs, will not over eat.

actually cats over eat all the time. A cat in good health that isn't bored,
will only eat until he or she is full.. however, lots of cats will eat out
of boredom.. or if they have health issues, they can want to eat more than
they should. If your cats are in good health and aren't overweight, then
feel free to leave dry out all day..

Old February 19th 04, 01:40 AM
Mark Irvine

"~*Connie*~" wrote in message

"Victor Martinez" wrote in message
Is there a reason why your gf doesn't free-feed her cats? Our cats get
wet food twice a day and have kibble available all the time. Most cats,
unlike dogs, will not over eat.

actually cats over eat all the time. A cat in good health that isn't

bored,
will only eat until he or she is full.. however, lots of cats will eat out
of boredom.. or if they have health issues, they can want to eat more than
they should. If your cats are in good health and aren't overweight, then
feel free to leave dry out all day..

Thanks for all your responses!

My experience of cats before Nina was the same. She came from the RSPCA and
initially would not leave my gf alone, to the point that it was difficult to
go *anywhere* without Nina following. She also will eat herself silly.
Even when they have just been fed she will want food, and does get a little
"plump" from time to time hence the feeder question. We do wonder if she
has been starved at some point? Feeding is not normally a problem as they
are fed wet food morning and evening and allowed to roam outside during the
day. The issue is if we are away for the weekend. If we put dry down I
think that Nina would have eaten the whole lot in the first few hours......
Any probably been sick!!

Mark

Old February 19th 04, 02:57 AM
KC Wong

Feeding is not normally a problem as they
are fed wet food morning and evening and allowed to roam outside during

the
day. The issue is if we are away for the weekend. If we put dry down I
think that Nina would have eaten the whole lot in the first few

hours......
Any probably been sick!!

I google searched for term "Pet Feeder" (with the quotes), and found quite a
lot of "Automatic" pet feeders... you can program it to open at fixed time,
fixed amount. Some of them can automatically feed your pets over 3 days.

Try to get one of those?

Old February 19th 04, 03:40 AM
Cheryl

KC Wong wrote in on 18
Feb 2004:

I google searched for term "Pet Feeder" (with the quotes), and found
quite a lot of "Automatic" pet feeders... you can program it to open
at fixed time, fixed amount. Some of them can automatically feed your
pets over 3 days.

Try to get one of those?

I've been thinking about getting one of those for my Shadow who I prefer to
eat canned food because you can put an icer thingie under it to keep food
fresh.

--
Cheryl

Trapped like rats. In a chia-pet.