Cat IN a Chair

Old January 10th 05, 12:27 AM
Bev

Default Cat IN a Chair

We had something go wrong with one of our lazy boy recliner chairs so
undid a bit of the upholstery at the back to fix it. I was sitting in
the chair the other day and felt the chair undulating beneath me - it
gave me quite a turn - you don't expect to have a mobile armchair. Did
we have a resident poltergeist? You guessed it - Bonnie had wormed
her way inside the chair. She was, of course, impossible to get out as
she had found the ultimate hiding place. She did the complete
exploration - she went right inside the head rest and had a fight with a
spring, she crawled into the arms and did a somersault or two, she
burrowed her way down into the footrest and managed to insert a couple
of claws in my foot through the upholstery In short, she had made the
chair uninhabitable.

I wonder when she is going to come out.

Bev
--
Cats aren't clean, they're just covered with cat spit.
Old January 10th 05, 12:53 AM
jmcquown

Bev wrote:
We had something go wrong with one of our lazy boy recliner chairs so
undid a bit of the upholstery at the back to fix it. I was sitting in
the chair the other day and felt the chair undulating beneath me - it
gave me quite a turn - you don't expect to have a mobile armchair.
Did we have a resident poltergeist? You guessed it - Bonnie had
wormed her way inside the chair.
Bev

What a surprise that must have been! Hello, what the heck is moving around
in this chair?

Jill

Old January 10th 05, 01:36 AM
mlbriggs

On Mon, 10 Jan 2005 12:27:04 +1300, Bev wrote:

We had something go wrong with one of our lazy boy recliner chairs so
undid a bit of the upholstery at the back to fix it. I was sitting in
the chair the other day and felt the chair undulating beneath me - it
gave me quite a turn - you don't expect to have a mobile armchair. Did
we have a resident poltergeist? You guessed it - Bonnie had wormed
her way inside the chair. She was, of course, impossible to get out as
she had found the ultimate hiding place. She did the complete
exploration - she went right inside the head rest and had a fight with a
spring, she crawled into the arms and did a somersault or two, she
burrowed her way down into the footrest and managed to insert a couple
of claws in my foot through the upholstery In short, she had made the
chair uninhabitable.

I wonder when she is going to come out.

Bev

That sounds dangerous. I hope she doesn't imperil her nine lives. MLB

Old January 10th 05, 02:49 AM
Bev

Sherry wrote:

That sounds dangerous. I hope she doesn't imperil her nine lives. MLB

It is *very* dangerous. Bev, maybe you could squirt her with a water bottle and
make her afraid of the chair. Iknow that sounds mean, but I know someone who
accidentally squashed their cat in a recliner. The cat had to be put to sleep.
When we had Roscoe he had a thing about jumping in the dryer when I was loading
it. I scared the bejesus out of him for it. I was too scared he'd go to a home
with children and accidentally get "dried."

Sherry

Don't worry gang. We are going to re-tack up the upholstery so that
she can't get in again, naughty little thing.

Bev
--
Cats aren't clean, they're just covered with cat spit.
Old January 10th 05, 04:13 AM
O J

Jill wrote:

Bev wrote:

We had something go wrong with one of our lazy boy recliner chairs so
undid a bit of the upholstery at the back to fix it. I was sitting in
the chair the other day and felt the chair undulating beneath me - it
gave me quite a turn - you don't expect to have a mobile armchair.
Did we have a resident poltergeist? You guessed it - Bonnie had
wormed her way inside the chair.
Bev

What a surprise that must have been! Hello, what the heck is moving around
in this chair?

Living in LA, as I've mentioned a few times, one has to expect the
occasional earth tremor. I was relaxing in my recliner one night and
felt it moving. I turned to DH and asked her if she felt it too. She
replied that, no, she didn't. Then I discovered the cause of the
"earthquake". It was Smokey, my huge Russian Blue, 'sharpening his
claws' on the chair. As he was declawed when we got him, you didn't
hear the scratching and pulling sounds that would have identified the
phenomenon as being of cat origin.

Regards and Purrs,
O J
Old January 10th 05, 04:24 PM
Kreisleriana

On Mon, 10 Jan 2005 12:27:04 +1300, Bev yodeled:

We had something go wrong with one of our lazy boy recliner chairs so
undid a bit of the upholstery at the back to fix it. I was sitting in
the chair the other day and felt the chair undulating beneath me - it
gave me quite a turn - you don't expect to have a mobile armchair. Did
we have a resident poltergeist? You guessed it - Bonnie had wormed
her way inside the chair. She was, of course, impossible to get out as
she had found the ultimate hiding place. She did the complete
exploration - she went right inside the head rest and had a fight with a
spring, she crawled into the arms and did a somersault or two, she
burrowed her way down into the footrest and managed to insert a couple
of claws in my foot through the upholstery In short, she had made the
chair uninhabitable.

I wonder when she is going to come out.

Bev

OMG gasp gasp She is SUCH a character!!! I think she and Sammy
should be classified as secret weapons.

Theresa
Old January 20th 05, 05:11 PM
Debra

[...]

We have a different brand of recliner and it doesn't have any cover on
the under side of the chair, never had it at all. Two of the cats
think it's grand fun to climb into the inside of the chair back. We
have moved it to a room that stays closed. It's an old chair so we
plan to replace it with something new. I thought we would have to get
a different kind of chair. Your post gives me hope as I take it that
Lazy Boy does close the bottom of the recliners with a cover. Is this
true, or did you cover the bottom yourself?
Debra in VA

Cat hijacking my chair. Doe John Cat anecdotes 4 November 19th 04 06:42 AM
Sammy gets the chair Steve Touchstone Cat anecdotes 27 October 24th 04 10:02 AM
Chair Scratching Wilba Cat anecdotes 40 October 10th 04 03:05 AM
Cat peeing on leather massage chair, please help! Chris Bender Cat health & behaviour 4 October 23rd 03 04:54 PM
Cat peeing on leather massage chair, please help! Chris Bender Cats - misc 2 October 23rd 03 04:53 PM