Boyfie & Tigger hit the road..

Old August 18th 14, 11:30 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Christina Websell

Default Boyfie & Tigger hit the road..

this afternoon, on the way to TED's for their annual booster injections and
health check.
It was a cat's chorus of meows all the way there. Those meows sound liKe
"NO,NO,NO" quite different from ordinary meows.
We saw Alison-the-vet, so called because once there were 3 Alisons working
there. Alison-the-nurse, Alison-the-receptionist and Alison-the-vet so you
had to specify if you phoned to speak to Alison.
Boyfie was first on the table. He didn't want to come out of his box and
once persuaded out immediately did flatcat, which made it all easy for the
vet. He got his injection (never moved a muscle) and I took the opportunity
to let Alison-the-vet adminster his Stronghold spot-on. He passed his
health check in all departments. Heart good, teeth good, nice coat etc.
I mentioned his memory blip of a couple of weeks ago and as it has never
happened again she doesn't think it's anything to worry about.
Tigger strides out of his box confidently and has to be restrained from
jumping off the table to explore the surgery. He is so different in
temperament - but he flinched from his injection, Boyfie didn't.
They were both weighed. Boyfie is now 4.69 kg (put on weight) but Alison
suggests he shouldn't put on any more so his two tablespoons of sprinkles
that I increased a while ago may have to go back to 1.

Tigger has lost weight since last year, only a little though. He sleeps all
day and is allowed out all night.

Boyfie is not allowed out past midnight (if I can help it) and stays in
until I get up. Firstly because of the foxes for his own safety, and
secondly because cats out at dawn take a horrible toll of the bird
population.

Maisie, the worse behaved Cavalier King Charles spaniel in the world has
also got her card from the vet for her injections. I have volunteered to go
with Claire to get it done (insisted last year as she was well overdue for
her boosters, had to start again)
I put her in my cat box last year when we got to the vet because she screams
at other dogs but even then she was trying to rip the door off. She's a
nightmare in the car. Someone has to restrain her.
Never would have got to that had she been mine.

Claire avoided taking her for her injections because Maisie is too
difficult. Not so. Fgs, i've had more difficult dogs than Maisie. who has
been allowed to think she is far more important in the family than she is.
Next week Maisie is going for her injections.
It's pity she is so badly behaved but that isn't going to stop me.
Tbh, I never had a badly behaved dog (apart from the adopted one who broke
into cupboards and fridge) but I excused her because she'd tried to live
wild.

Old August 19th 14, 03:42 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Jack G.

On Monday, August 18, 2014 3:30:48 PM UTC-7, Christina Websell wrote:
[...]

Did you notice your cats did not make much noise on the return trip?
They knew they were on the way home.
Old August 19th 14, 06:53 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Joy

On 8/19/2014 7:42 AM, Jack G. wrote:
[...]

If only it would work that way with Pickles. She would always howl and
cuss on the way to the vet. On the way home, she would repeatedly throw
herself at the end of the cat carrier. She managed to destroy two
carriers - one cardboard and one fabric - and opened a plastic one by
that tactic. I finally realized she was terrified of being confined and
stopped taking her.

Joy

--
Joy Unlimited
Colorful Crocheted Critters
Old August 20th 14, 06:48 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
jmcquown[_2_]

On 8/19/2014 10:42 AM, Jack G. wrote:
On Monday, August 18, 2014 3:30:48 PM UTC-7, Christina Websell wrote:
this afternoon, on the way to TED's for their annual booster injections and
health check.
It was a cat's chorus of meows all the way there. Those meows sound liKe
"NO,NO,NO" quite different from ordinary meows.

(snippage)

Did you notice your cats did not make much noise on the return trip?
They knew they were on the way home.

It never made a bit of different to Persia whether we were going *to*
the vet or heading home. She got terribly upset either way. Sometimes
she got herself so worked up she'd vomit.

Jill
Old August 21st 14, 09:48 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Christina Websell

"Jack G." wrote in message

Did you notice your cats did not make much noise on the return trip?
They knew they were on the way home.

They made almost as much noise on the way back! But Boyfie shot back into
his carrier after his examination was over (it's difficult to get him into
it at home, he seems to develop another pair of legs that all press against
the sides to CATapult him back out before I can shut the door)
At least he doesn't he doesn't bite or scratch to avoid going in, but if he
gets out first time he will run and hide.

After he comes home, he is a bit wary of me if I try to pet him whilst he
standing on the floor - he does flatcat in case I pick him up to go to TED's
again. Takes about 36 hours for him to forgive the betrayal.

Old August 21st 14, 10:06 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
jmcquown[_2_]

"Jack G." wrote in message

Did you notice your cats did not make much noise on the return trip?
They knew they were on the way home.

They made almost as much noise on the way back! But Boyfie shot back into
his carrier after his examination was over (it's difficult to get him into
it at home, he seems to develop another pair of legs that all press against
the sides to CATapult him back out before I can shut the door)
At least he doesn't he doesn't bite or scratch to avoid going in, but if he
gets out first time he will run and hide.

After he comes home, he is a bit wary of me if I try to pet him whilst he
standing on the floor - he does flatcat in case I pick him up to go to TED's
again. Takes about 36 hours for him to forgive the betrayal.

My lovely Persia (RB) didn't care if she was coming or going. She'd cry
either way. However, over the years she DID try to jump back into the
carrier while we were at the vet. She was telling me, "Time for us to
go home! Let's go!" It didn't stop her from crying on the trip back.
I couldn't seem to get home fast enough for her.

Jill
Old August 21st 14, 10:29 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Christina Websell

"Joy" wrote in message
d.

Did you notice your cats did not make much noise on the return trip?
They knew they were on the way home.

If only it would work that way with Pickles. She would always howl and
cuss on the way to the vet. On the way home, she would repeatedly throw
herself at the end of the cat carrier. She managed to destroy two
carriers - one cardboard and one fabric - and opened a plastic one by that
tactic. I finally realized she was terrified of being confined and
stopped taking her.

Kitty Farmcat destroyed a new cardboard carrier on the way to the vet once
and I only just got her in there or she would have been out of it. I had to
buy another one to get her home, which was equally destroyed during the 20
minute journey back.
I think most cats hate being in carriers in a car. Unlike dogs who mainly
go in cars to be taken to a nice place like into the countryside or a big
park for a great walk, cats usually have a negative experience of being in a
car, they usually end up at the vet..
I saw a fabric cat carrier yesterday and my first thought was "I wouldn't
trust that to hold a cat for very long"

No matter how much any cat of mine objected to the whole experience (and
they don't like like any part of it, the carrier, the journey, the vet)
they will still go for their innoculations (sp?) every year. It's one of
those "Meowmie knows best" things.
However, if they were indoor only, with no chance of contracting any disease
by getting out accidentally, I might think again.
But Boyfie & Tigger are Britcats, and almost all pet cats here are
indoor/outdoor (they both are) so the price of that freedom is the annual
trip for the jabs.
Which they both hate, but hey, I also hate seeing Boyfie so scared on the
vet's table that his paws leave sweat marks but it's soon over and he's
safe for another year.

Old August 21st 14, 11:08 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Christina Websell

"jmcquown" wrote in message
On 8/19/2014 10:42 AM, Jack G. wrote:
It never made a bit of different to Persia whether we were going *to* the
vet or heading home. She got terribly upset either way. Sometimes she
got herself so worked up she'd vomit.

Jill

Never knew a cat that didn't get worked up about it. Boyfie used to faint
on the table. Now he just goes flatcat and doesn't move a muscle.
Tigger only gets worked up on the way there (and back)
He strides out of his carrier when it's opened for the vet to see him and
says "hello" and purrs and headbutts the vet.
He is always shocked when he gets an injection and always flinches.
Boyfie expects it and is brave. Boyfie thinks his cousin Tigger is a little
bit stupid.
(Tbh he's not the sharpest knife in the drawer, dancing around batting at
car wheels when they were moving was sure to end badly) It did. Broken jaw
that had to be wired.
On a Sunday. Oh, wonderful..it costs so much at weekends and holidays and
Tigger woke up with both ends hurting as they decided to neuter him at the
same time even though he was a bit young for that: they thought best do it
then instead of another anaesthetic in a few months.

Old August 21st 14, 11:09 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Takayuki

On Mon, 18 Aug 2014 23:30:48 +0100, "Christina Websell"
wrote:
this afternoon, on the way to TED's for their annual booster injections and
health check.
It was a cat's chorus of meows all the way there. Those meows sound liKe
"NO,NO,NO" quite different from ordinary meows.

I enjoy hearing about Boyfriend and Tigger's annual trip, although I'm not
sure exactly why, considering that it's not enjoyable for anyone else.
Old August 22nd 14, 12:51 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Christina Websell

wrote:
this afternoon, on the way to TED's for their annual booster injections
and
health check.
It was a cat's chorus of meows all the way there. Those meows sound liKe
"NO,NO,NO" quite different from ordinary meows.

I enjoy hearing about Boyfriend and Tigger's annual trip, although I'm not
sure exactly why, considering that it's not enjoyable for anyone else.

Tigger & Boyfriend have never met each other in real life. When they are in
the car their carriers are faced away from each other and when they are at
the vet's they come out separately.
I only do this as Tigger wouldn't get his injections otherwise unless I
insisted that he came along with Boyfie every year.
Similar with Maisie. Not looking forward to that bad behaviour but it will
be done.

Boyfie & Tigger Christina Websell Cat anecdotes 41 September 3rd 13 09:03 PM
Christmas Day with Tigger Christina Websell[_2_] Cat anecdotes 0 December 26th 09 07:06 PM
Tigger AlisonT Cat anecdotes 4 January 31st 09 04:58 AM
Tigger earns himself a name Ted Davis Cat anecdotes 9 May 25th 06 09:27 PM