Criminy

Old November 28th 08, 09:46 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Bridget[_5_] Bridget[_5_] is offline
Banned

Default Criminy

Do they really think I won't notice, or do they just not care? I got up to
go to the bathroom with one cat in the corner of the foot of the bed - a
twin, I might add. I come back and Toby, all 13 plus pounds and LONG of him
stretched across the foot of the bed above the first cat. Mattie has claimed
the area right in front of my pillows and they all become indignant when I
try to get back into bed. Not that any of them move or anything - even when
I push them aside with my feet or scoot them over. They just grumble and
make other unhappy noises.

I vote for not care.

Bridget - kicked out of her bed at 4:15 AM this morning. Of course, all the
cats are in the living room with me now. Ingrates.

Old November 28th 08, 09:58 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Adrian[_2_]

Bridget wrote:
Do they really think I won't notice, or do they just not care? I got
up to go to the bathroom with one cat in the corner of the foot of
the bed - a twin, I might add. I come back and Toby, all 13 plus
pounds and LONG of him stretched across the foot of the bed above the
first cat. Mattie has claimed the area right in front of my pillows
and they all become indignant when I try to get back into bed. Not
that any of them move or anything - even when I push them aside with
my feet or scoot them over. They just grumble and make other unhappy
noises.
I vote for not care.

Bridget - kicked out of her bed at 4:15 AM this morning. Of course,
all the cats are in the living room with me now. Ingrates.

They very generous letting you have *their* bed until 4:15. ;-)
Cats leave pawprints on your heart

Old November 28th 08, 10:54 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Bridget[_5_] Bridget[_5_] is offline
Banned

"Adrian" wrote in message
news
Bridget wrote:
Do they really think I won't notice, or do they just not care? I got
up to go to the bathroom with one cat in the corner of the foot of
the bed - a twin, I might add. I come back and Toby, all 13 plus
pounds and LONG of him stretched across the foot of the bed above the
first cat. Mattie has claimed the area right in front of my pillows
and they all become indignant when I try to get back into bed. Not
that any of them move or anything - even when I push them aside with
my feet or scoot them over. They just grumble and make other unhappy
noises.
I vote for not care.

Bridget - kicked out of her bed at 4:15 AM this morning. Of course,
all the cats are in the living room with me now. Ingrates.

They very generous letting you have *their* bed until 4:15. ;-)
Cats leave pawprints on your heart

LOL true, so true. It must be their bed - possession is 9/10ths of the law
and they possess it in some form almost the whole 24 hours.

Old November 28th 08, 02:42 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Wayne Mitchell

"Bridget" wrote:

I got up to go to the bathroom

Let the game begin!

with one cat in the corner of the foot of the bed - a
twin, I might add.

Ah! The perfect field for a truly interesting and competitive game.

I come back and Toby, all 13 plus pounds and LONG of him
stretched across the foot of the bed above the first cat. Mattie has claimed
the area right in front of my pillows

OK. Occupying unclaimed territory is a good warm-up, though only a
minor accomplishment. You may have noted that when you are in
possession of the bed and a cat comes up, he or she is very unlikely to
be satisfied with any position that you deliberately make available. The
true gamesman will walk across you a number of times and then settle in
a way that requires you to move once again to accommodate them
comfortably.

and they all become indignant when I
try to get back into bed. Not that any of them move or anything - even when
I push them aside with my feet or scoot them over. They just grumble and
make other unhappy noises.

They would consider it an insult to your abilities if they moved out of
your way. Grumbling and being difficult to move are signs of respect
for you as a player. If you can manage to claim back most of your
space, they will consider you a worthy contestant.

Of course, cats don't generally rate us all that highly. They feel that
with the advantages of size and weight that we have we should be able to
occupy and defend more territory than we usually do.
--

Wayne M.
Old November 28th 08, 03:14 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Mark Edwards

No cluons were harmed when Wayne Mitchell wrote:
The true gamesman will walk across you a number of times and then
settle in a way that requires you to move once again to accommodate
them comfortably.

Or what Presto (RB) did to Senyah years ago - he just kept pushing her
until she fell out of bed, then purred loudly at his victory.

Hugs and Purrs,
Mark
--
Proof of Sanity Forged Upon Request

Old November 28th 08, 05:26 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
MLB

Bridget wrote:
Do they really think I won't notice, or do they just not care? I got up
to go to the bathroom with one cat in the corner of the foot of the bed
- a twin, I might add. I come back and Toby, all 13 plus pounds and LONG
of him stretched across the foot of the bed above the first cat. Mattie
has claimed the area right in front of my pillows and they all become
indignant when I try to get back into bed. Not that any of them move or
anything - even when I push them aside with my feet or scoot them over.
They just grumble and make other unhappy noises.

I vote for not care.

Bridget - kicked out of her bed at 4:15 AM this morning. Of course, all
the cats are in the living room with me now. Ingrates.

Not so! That space was nice and warm and they knew they were entitled.
After all, it is their house. MLB
Old November 28th 08, 06:44 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
William Hamblen[_2_]

On Fri, 28 Nov 2008 09:14:21 -0600, Mark Edwards
wrote:

No cluons were harmed when Wayne Mitchell wrote:
The true gamesman will walk across you a number of times and then
settle in a way that requires you to move once again to accommodate
them comfortably.

Or what Presto (RB) did to Senyah years ago - he just kept pushing her
until she fell out of bed, then purred loudly at his victory.

Many years ago my old cat, Tiger, wanted a spot in the easy chair I
was occupying. He braced his back against my hip and pushed on the
arm of the chair to shove me over. Because I outweighed him by at
least a factor of 10 this did not work, but I laughed so hard at his
effort I had to move over and let him have his spot.

Bud
Old November 28th 08, 09:11 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Bridget[_5_] Bridget[_5_] is offline
Banned

You my dear friend are a scream with a fantastic understanding of all things
cat. My whole view of the cats vs. me vs. the bed has changed forever.

Bridget

"Wayne Mitchell" wrote in message
"Bridget" wrote:

I got up to go to the bathroom

Let the game begin!

Old November 29th 08, 01:37 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Will in New Haven

On Nov 28, 10:14 am, Mark Edwards wrote:
No cluons were harmed when Wayne Mitchell wrote:

The true gamesman will walk across you a number of times and then
settle in a way that requires you to move once again to accommodate
them comfortably.

Or what Presto (RB) did to Senyah years ago - he just kept pushing her
until she fell out of bed, then purred loudly at his victory.

Snowball (RB) did exactly that to me once long ago. But she was a
forty-pound d*g and it was probably easier for her. However, she
leaped down off the bed in contrition (?) and licked my face in
apology (?) I gess she figured it would take too long to teach someone
else to put ketchup and hot water on her kibble.

--
Will in New Haven
Old November 29th 08, 03:02 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
tanadashoes

"Bridget" wrote in message
Do they really think I won't notice, or do they just not care? I got up to
go to the bathroom with one cat in the corner of the foot of the bed - a
twin, I might add. I come back and Toby, all 13 plus pounds and LONG of
him stretched across the foot of the bed above the first cat. Mattie has
claimed the area right in front of my pillows and they all become
indignant when I try to get back into bed. Not that any of them move or
anything - even when I push them aside with my feet or scoot them over.
They just grumble and make other unhappy noises.

I vote for not care.

Bridget - kicked out of her bed at 4:15 AM this morning. Of course, all
the cats are in the living room with me now. Ingrates.

Twin beds are not sporting enough. Try one person in a queen or king sized
bed. More challenge for everyone. Tanada takes over the top of the right
side of the bed and QC pushes my legs over from the bottom right corner.
Then Pine Cone comes up and dances all over my middle prompting me to wiggle
towards the center, but that is where Merlin is camped out and the game is
on. I usually keep my spot, but that is mainly through inertia.

Pam S. a big lump in the center of the left side of the bed