Mystery Solved

Old December 21st 08, 02:57 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Yowie

Default Mystery Solved

For the last two years, I've thought that our Christmas Card numbers were
down. Now, I'm not anal enough to tick people off 'the list' as I receive
cards, but I thought I had sent out far more than I had received, and
wondered why. Perhaps there were more 'receive only' folks on the list that
I thought and maybe I was just being a bit petty.

This year, having organised the list and therefore being intimately aware of
it, I knew *exactly* how many cards I was sending, and how many cards I
should be expecting. And I was quite certain that there were a few of you
who were, lets say, a little derelict in their 'obligations' regarding The
List. This surprised me, because the 'derelict' ones also happened to be
quite active on RPCA and I would consider good friends. I wasn't sure how to
feel - one or two cards missing and I'd just blame the post office, or
perhaps a bad year when people who were on the list discovered at the
crucial timethey couldnt really afford the postage, sure, but this wasn't
just 'one or two', this was maybe twenty or so people.

Was I being shunned? Punished for some crime I had committed? Perhaps I
overestimated my own "popularity" so to speak. Why hadnt people sent me
cards when I have *always* sent every single last card ont he list (and many
that weren't on the list but I thought warranted cards anyway?)

They mystery is solved, well at least partially. Sitting in Cary's room,
under a pile of baby clothes, there was a whole bunch of envelopes. And in
those enevelopes were cards. Christmas cards from 2008, 2007 and even 2006.
Joel gave the cards to Cary to open (he doesn't get excited about cards like
I do) and Cary had stashed them in a secret stash - clearly remembering from
year to year where he put them. So now I know *why* I hadn't received the
cards I thought I should, but on the same token, *why* Cary was hiding cards
year after year remains a mystery.

Needless to say, this year is a *bumper* crop, and three years worth of
Lori's cards, as well as ones from Julie, MaryL, Victor etc etc now proudly
hang on the wall - more cards than have ever been displayed before (it has
needed 3 lines of holiday string!). I can also tell you that Flippy must
have bought in bulk or that she particularly liked a design, as this year's
card is the same as last year's LOL.

There's a certain bittersweetness to seeing cards Addressed to Shmogg rather
than Suki, Pickle & Shadow, and indeed cards signed from other dear ones
that have also now made their way to the Bridge. But the best thing of all
is having a reminder of all the wonderful people and their cats here in RPCA
(and Catslaves) and knowing that it wasn't the post office, or indeed,
something I said, just a little (and not so little) boy who liked to keep
'his' mail in a safe place. This is truly a case of 'better late than
never'.

Thanks guys.

(When all the cards come in, I'll take a photo)

Yowie
--
If you're paddling upstream in a canoe and a wheel falls off, how many
pancakes can you fit in a doghouse? None, icecream doesn't have bones.

Old December 21st 08, 03:49 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Matthew[_3_]

Yowie I have been on here for a while it has taken along time for me to
come out of my shell. I wanted to do the card list as you know but was
unable to afford it. I kept my name off the list I did not think it was
fair for people to send me cards and me not do something in return.

I wish every one a Merry Christmas and Happy Holidays

Old December 22nd 08, 12:58 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Kyla =^..^=[_4_]

No worries Matthew.. ..we love you
I signed up for the RPCC card list this year because of an earlier ruckus
here, and the cats have gotten so many cards, it's funny. I'll have to have
DH take a pix of the 2 doors I've got them on.
Yowie, Cary is just such a little silly I tried to e-mail you and say I
wanted on the list after all, but I guess you never got the e-mail I was
going to send you one, but I didn't have your mailing address. Wanna e-mail
me it to me and I'll send you a card IF/when this
blizzard ever lets up. It's supposed to get worse next week and our 32nd
Anniv is Christmas Eve,
I hope we still have power then, as a new storm is headed our way.
I've gotten some lovely cards from folks here, thank you so much, even tho I
wasn't on the list..
Merry Christmas and Happy Holidays.
Tidings of comfort and joy to' everyone' here.
Love
Kyla

"Matthew"

Old December 22nd 08, 07:20 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Bridget[_5_] Bridget[_5_] is offline
Banned

LOL That's funny. I can tell you you won't be getting one from me this year.
I don't know if I have mentioned on here that I fell on the ice and have
been on some quite a number of drugs this year. Not to mention it is amazing
how much energy it takes to do things. I tore up my knee - again. The
recovery is faster this time though. I am walking with a cane in my
apartment and I can do stairs without crutches, but no one will let me do
them by myself yet - it is a process requiring supervision. My Dr.
threatened to put me in the nursing home so I didn't complain too loudly to
him!

All that being said, I should be getting get well cards instead of Christmas
Cards! And did I mention that broken tailbones are worse than torn ligaments
and cartilage?

Perhaps one day when I have more energy and am on fewer painkillers I will
give the whole story nurse cats included and injured fireman included (the
report did say I was down on ice - it should have give him a clue that the
surface outside his truck was slippery.

Bridget

Old December 22nd 08, 11:59 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
[email protected]

"Yowie" wrote:

They mystery is solved, well at least partially. Sitting in Cary's room,
under a pile of baby clothes, there was a whole bunch of envelopes. And in
those enevelopes were cards. Christmas cards from 2008, 2007 and even
2006. Joel gave the cards to Cary to open (he doesn't get excited about
cards like I do) and Cary had stashed them in a secret stash - clearly
remembering from year to year where he put them. So now I know *why* I
hadn't received the cards I thought I should, but on the same token, *why*
Cary was hiding cards year after year remains a mystery.

I hope Joel has learned from this! He probably shouldn't be giving the
mail to a 4-year-old. (Or is he a 5-year-old? I'm losing track of time,
here.)

Glad there was a happy ending to that story!

--
Joyce ^..^

Old December 22nd 08, 07:41 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
CatNipped[_2_]

"Yowie" wrote in message
[...]

LOL! Oh well, what a nice surprise to have "bonus" cards this year. I hope
you talked to the 'not so little' guy about letting you know when you've got
mail. I had to have that talk with Ben after he threw away some important
medical disability papers addressed to me, thinking they were junk mail!
'Scuse me but I'd like to see all mail addressed to me or us, even if it
*is* junk mail (which is what I mostly get, anyway). He already knows,
however, how very important my Christmas cards are to me, so those are
usually already separated from the rest of the mail and waiting for me on my
bed when I get home from work - and he gets such a kick out of seeing cards
stamped from Australia, the UK, Germany, etc., that he usually comes down to
watch me open them all.

Hugs,

CatNipped

Old December 22nd 08, 07:56 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
CatNipped[_2_]

"Bridget" wrote in message
news
LOL That's funny. I can tell you you won't be getting one from me this
year. I don't know if I have mentioned on here that I fell on the ice and
have been on some quite a number of drugs this year. Not to mention it is
amazing how much energy it takes to do things. I tore up my knee - again.
The recovery is faster this time though. I am walking with a cane in my
apartment and I can do stairs without crutches, but no one will let me do
them by myself yet - it is a process requiring supervision. My Dr.
threatened to put me in the nursing home so I didn't complain too loudly
to him!

Bridget, how are you doing with your web page? Have you been able to
operate Dreamweaver (I know we didn't go over a whole lot while we were on
the phone)? Do you like the software (it's my favorite)? Do you still need
any help with anything?

All that being said, I should be getting get well cards instead of
Christmas Cards! And did I mention that broken tailbones are worse than
torn ligaments and cartilage?

Perhaps one day when I have more energy and am on fewer painkillers I will
give the whole story nurse cats included and injured fireman included (the
report did say I was down on ice - it should have give him a clue that the
surface outside his truck was slippery.

Can't wait to hear the story. I hope you're feeling better and that you
have a nice Christmas!

Hugs,

CatNipped

Old December 22nd 08, 09:32 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Christina Websell

"Bridget" wrote in message
news
LOL That's funny. I can tell you you won't be getting one from me this
year. I don't know if I have mentioned on here that I fell on the ice and
have been on some quite a number of drugs this year. Not to mention it is
amazing how much energy it takes to do things. I tore up my knee - again.
The recovery is faster this time though. I am walking with a cane in my
apartment and I can do stairs without crutches, but no one will let me do
them by myself yet - it is a process requiring supervision. My Dr.
threatened to put me in the nursing home so I didn't complain too loudly
to him!

All that being said, I should be getting get well cards instead of
Christmas Cards! And did I mention that broken tailbones are worse than
torn ligaments and cartilage?

I raise you with broken ribs when it's excruciatingly painful to sniff and
getting a bit better.

May we both recover in time to enjoy our Christmas.

Tweed

Old December 25th 08, 08:29 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Matthew[_3_]

"hopitus" wrote in message
On Dec 20, 7:57 pm, "Yowie" wrote:
[...]

You know you and yours have a special place in regard of Hopitus
Habitat in
MileHigh, CO . ROFL I am truly "derelict" of snail-mail greetings
virtually....
e-cards are the way to go virtually. "Derelict" means something other
than
"amiss" or "irresponsible" in USA, obviously not similar to Oz common
referral; check it out, LOL. No big deal; for me, this greeting stuff
is one
instance where RL overwhelmingly rolls over virtual duties by sheer
numbers.
Warm best wishes for your holiday fun and happiness from Hopitus in
the
MileHigh City, where I'm overjoyed to report the natives got cheated
out of
their "white Xmas" and it's dry, sunny, and relatively warm now; my
kinda
holiday, at least for today, Hee hee hee.

Want to come here a beautiful breeze 80 Degrees no clouds or bad
weather in sight
The only bad thing is Santa does not look good in a Speedo ;-)