Tommy is in hiding again

Old January 30th 09, 04:22 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Pat[_2_]

Default Tommy is in hiding again

Dave arrived Thursday night with a moving van full of his stuff. We spent
most of the daylight hours yesterday unloading and sorting and setting up.
Tommy went into hiding the minute Dave walked in and won't come out of the
closet unless I plead with him and Dave's in the bathroom or something. As
soon as Tommy sees Dave, he runs back to the closet. None of the other
kitties have a problem with Dave. This is unprecedented for Tommy, who
normally likes all visitors (and for Lily and Bea, who normally hide from
strangers).

Can we please have some purrs for Tommy to stop being such a fraidy-cat?

Old January 31st 09, 05:00 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Will in New Haven

On Jan 30, 11:22*am, "Pat" wrote:
Dave arrived Thursday night with a moving van full of his stuff. We spent
most of the daylight hours yesterday unloading and sorting and setting up..
Tommy went into hiding the minute Dave walked in and won't come out of the
closet unless I plead with him and Dave's in the bathroom or something. As
soon as Tommy sees Dave, he runs back to the closet. None of the other
kitties have a problem with Dave. This is unprecedented for Tommy, who
normally likes all visitors (and for Lily and Bea, who normally hide from
strangers).

Can we please have some purrs for Tommy to stop being such a fraidy-cat?

We'll purr for him to get over his fear. My cat WooToo used to hide
from _me_ when she was my mom's cat. In fact, my brother and I used to
tease Mom about her "invisible cat." Now WooToo is telling me she
needs more water. Be right back.

--
Will in New Haven
Old January 31st 09, 05:10 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Bobble

On Jan 30, 11:22*am, "Pat" wrote:
Dave arrived Thursday night with a moving van full of his stuff. We spent
most of the daylight hours yesterday unloading and sorting and setting up..
Tommy went into hiding the minute Dave walked in and won't come out of the
closet unless I plead with him and Dave's in the bathroom or something. As
soon as Tommy sees Dave, he runs back to the closet. None of the other
kitties have a problem with Dave. This is unprecedented for Tommy, who
normally likes all visitors (and for Lily and Bea, who normally hide from
strangers).

Can we please have some purrs for Tommy to stop being such a fraidy-cat?

Does Tommy like catnip? If so, Dave could rub some on his hands/shoes
and approach Tommy quietly. He could also try feeding him or give him
treats. Worth a try.
Old January 31st 09, 05:43 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Adrian[_2_]

Pat wrote:
Dave arrived Thursday night with a moving van full of his stuff. We
spent most of the daylight hours yesterday unloading and sorting and
setting up. Tommy went into hiding the minute Dave walked in and
won't come out of the closet unless I plead with him and Dave's in
the bathroom or something. As soon as Tommy sees Dave, he runs back
to the closet. None of the other kitties have a problem with Dave.
This is unprecedented for Tommy, who normally likes all visitors (and
for Lily and Bea, who normally hide from strangers).

Can we please have some purrs for Tommy to stop being such a
fraidy-cat?

Purrs on the way.
Cats leave pawprints on your heart

Old January 31st 09, 07:17 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Joy

"Pat" wrote in message
et...
Dave arrived Thursday night with a moving van full of his stuff. We spent
most of the daylight hours yesterday unloading and sorting and setting up.
Tommy went into hiding the minute Dave walked in and won't come out of the
closet unless I plead with him and Dave's in the bathroom or something. As
soon as Tommy sees Dave, he runs back to the closet. None of the other
kitties have a problem with Dave. This is unprecedented for Tommy, who
normally likes all visitors (and for Lily and Bea, who normally hide from
strangers).

Can we please have some purrs for Tommy to stop being such a fraidy-cat?

Purrs for Tommy. Do you know his history? Nanki-Poo (RB) always acted
afraid of my son, who is normally a cat magnet. My guess was that at some
point he was badly treated by someone who looked, sounded or smelled similar
to my son.

Joy

Old January 31st 09, 08:10 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Marina

Pat wrote:
Can we please have some purrs for Tommy to stop being such a fraidy-cat?

We'll be purring. Maybe he'll calm down once things settle down after
the move.

--
Marina, Miranda and Caliban.
In loving memory of Frank and Nikki.
Old January 31st 09, 08:17 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Jofirey

"Pat" wrote in message
et...
Dave arrived Thursday night with a moving van full of his stuff. We
spent
most of the daylight hours yesterday unloading and sorting and
setting up.
Tommy went into hiding the minute Dave walked in and won't come out
of the
closet unless I plead with him and Dave's in the bathroom or
something. As
soon as Tommy sees Dave, he runs back to the closet. None of the
other
kitties have a problem with Dave. This is unprecedented for Tommy,
who
normally likes all visitors (and for Lily and Bea, who normally hide
from
strangers).

Can we please have some purrs for Tommy to stop being such a
fraidy-cat?

Purrs on the way. For Tommy (who is likely more cowed by the stuff
than by Dave. And for everyone as the clowder adjusts.

A guy named Dave has to be a cat lover, right? I think its in the
by-laws.

Jo

Old February 1st 09, 01:10 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Christina Websell

"Pat" wrote in message
et...
Dave arrived Thursday night with a moving van full of his stuff. We spent
most of the daylight hours yesterday unloading and sorting and setting up.
Tommy went into hiding the minute Dave walked in and won't come out of the
closet unless I plead with him and Dave's in the bathroom or something. As
soon as Tommy sees Dave, he runs back to the closet. None of the other
kitties have a problem with Dave. This is unprecedented for Tommy, who
normally likes all visitors (and for Lily and Bea, who normally hide from
strangers).

Can we please have some purrs for Tommy to stop being such a fraidy-cat?

Many purrs. KittyFc is a scritch tart, I have to remove her from any
visitors. Boyfie is afraid of everyone and heads for the hills if anyone if
anyone comes except Simon, it took 3 years before he'd stay in the house,
let alone in the same room. He's got used to him and Simon is now the only
person who has ever seen him kneading his meowmie two weeks ago. Even Auntie
June has never seen that. No one has. It's a secret thing.

Tweed

Old February 1st 09, 02:20 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Jofirey

"Christina Websell" wrote in
message ...

"Pat" wrote in message
et...
[...]

He must be related to Molly. No one has ever seen her kneading me.
Not even me. But I sure can feel it at night when she settles by my
feet and is getting comfortable. I have to pretend to be asleep so I
don't disturb her.

Jo

Old February 1st 09, 05:10 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Pat[_3_]

On Jan 31, 11:10*am, Bobble wrote:

Does Tommy like catnip? *If so, Dave could rub some on his hands/shoes
and approach Tommy quietly. He could also try feeding him or give him
treats. *Worth a try.

At this point Tommy won't go into the same room with Dave so it would
be difficult to accomplish what you suggest.

Hiding cat [email protected] Cat anecdotes 4 June 12th 06 10:47 PM
Cat Hiding please help [email protected] Cat health & behaviour 39 February 8th 05 05:31 PM
Still in hiding Singh Cat anecdotes 36 October 25th 04 04:22 PM
Hiding Cat jimperrin Cat health & behaviour 11 September 10th 04 01:26 AM
my cat is hiding Steve Sande Cat health & behaviour 24 April 20th 04 12:48 AM