something new in cat shows

Old January 12th 05, 06:02 AM
Mimi Forsyth

Default something new in cat shows

I went to a TICA cat show (USA) the other day & was amused to see a "cat
agility" arena, a fenced (plastic mesh) area containing tunnels, ramps,
ladders, & hoops for participating cats to run through. They can get ribbons
for this. Half the cats ran outside the tunnels, leaped off the ramps (they
don't like walking down ramps) & generally showed the thing for the farce it
was. My favorite cat kept trying to climb the (about 8 ft) mesh fences to get
out.
Maybe dogs like "performing" on such obstacle courses..but it seems to me cats
already know they're the most agile creatures on the planet. And we love them
because they don't "perform"!

www.mimiforsyth.com

Old January 12th 05, 07:29 PM
Cat Protector

When I went to our last cat show my Icarus was spitting, hissing and sqiping
at all the judges. A judge in the last ring suggested that he might be just
perfect for the agility test as his personality was perfect for it. Icarus
certainly has proved his agility as he is always trying to climb the
enclosed cat barrier on the back porch. Yesterday he actually scaled part of
a wall very quickly to climb over it but I was there to catch him. It was
amazing to see this but Japanese Bobtails are known to be powerful jumpers
due to their hind legs.

--
Cat Galaxy: All Cats! All The Time!
www.catgalaxymedia.com

www.panthertekit.com

"Mimi Forsyth" wrote in message
[...]

Jessie Shows Sammy CatNipped Cat anecdotes 9 January 5th 05 07:46 AM
High everybody-looking for the website that shows CARB and PROTEIN content for kitty food! thanks. edirol Cat health & behaviour 14 September 14th 04 11:02 PM
Las Vegas OT Bev Cat anecdotes 28 May 11th 04 07:20 PM
cat shows Kristine Kochanski Cats - misc 82 April 29th 04 02:59 PM
Mighty huntress shows mighty annoyance ;-) dirtylitterboxofferingstospammers Cat anecdotes 2 November 12th 03 12:50 PM