2 cats need home for 6 months

Old September 5th 03, 02:50 PM
MaryL

"bewtifulfreak" wrote in message
neza wrote:
"Agua Girl" wrote in message
et...

Right Molly...it's EVERYONE else who has the problem..not you. You
used nationality as a slur. It's not a big leap to assume you have
an issue with that nationality. It's the same as calling someone a
"stupid Mexican". It shows ignorance and hatred.....another way wars
are started. Maybe you didn't mean to put down Americans as a
whole but when you did.

I agree wholeheartedly. Whether or not you meant it just towards one
person, when you include someone's nationality in an insult, that infers
that the nationality is part of the insult. Otherwise, why not just call
the person a gob****e and be done with it? Not that I think insults

should
be flung around newsgroups in the case of disagreement anyway, but I'm

sadly
in the minority on that one.

Ann

--

http://www.angelfire.com/ca/bewtifulfreak

I hope you're not in the minority. Name-calling simply cuts off rational
dialogue -- and usually reflects badly on the person hurling the ephithet
instead of the intended target.

MaryL

Old September 5th 03, 02:53 PM
bewtifulfreak

MaryL wrote:
"bewtifulfreak" wrote in message

Not that I
think insults should be flung around newsgroups in the case of
disagreement anyway, but I'm sadly in the minority on that one.

I hope you're not in the minority. Name-calling simply cuts off
rational dialogue -- and usually reflects badly on the person hurling
the ephithet instead of the intended target.

Well, thankfully, I'm not in the minority on some of these groups; most of
the posts I've come across from cat folks have been really friendly and
polite, even when disagreements occur (with ocassional exceptions, of
course). But I know that's not always the case on Usenet in general, though
I believe you're absolutely spot on in your observations about name-calling.

Ann

--

http://www.angelfire.com/ca/bewtifulfreak