pet food cattle??? (was: Goo Was Pretending....)

Old March 16th 11, 12:33 AM posted to alt.animals.ethics.vegetarian,misc.rural,rec.pets.cats.community,rec.pets.dogs.health
dh@.

Default pet food cattle??? (was: Goo Was Pretending....)

On Tue, 15 Mar 2011 13:50:22 -0400, sighthounds & siberians wrote:

On Tue, 15 Mar 2011 11:52:08 -0700, dh@. wrote:

On Tue, 15 Mar 2011 13:26:10 +0000, Derek wrote:

On Mon, 14 Mar 2011 17:22:35 -0700, dh@. wrote:
On Thu, 10 Mar 2011 22:18:08 +0000, Derek wrote:
On Thu, 10 Mar 2011 16:03:10 -0800, dh@. wrote:

Also it
seems fairly clear that Goo believes some cattle are specifically raised to be
pet food but are not raised that long, though he hasn't been able to provide any
more examples of it than "Derek".

If you're trying to claim that the purchase of pet food
doesn't increase the number of cattle going to slaughter,
vegan cat owners will be able to claim no animals
were killed for the production of their purchase.

There are probably no cattle raised for pet food
So you can relax....people don't contribute to life and death
for cattle by buying cat food.

Gee, thanks Dave.

You're welcome. If this really eases your mind a bit you might even consider
buying some cage free eggs for them too, while you're still thinking somewhat
flexibly. Then you would be contributing to life for laying hens which I guess
you would not want to do, BUT!, at least it would be contribution to a decent
farming method that could use all the support it can get because it's not as
practical as the damned nasty cage method. You could pull the yolks out and
scramble up some nice cage free eggs and by that be giving the kitties a nice
treat and actually contributing to something good for farm animals too. ¦¬)

Maybe you guys could remove rpdhealth from your crossposting.

Tell us why we should bow down to you as our accepted net nanny.
Old March 16th 11, 12:37 AM posted to alt.animals.ethics.vegetarian,misc.rural,rec.pets.cats.community,rec.pets.dogs.health
dh@.

On Tue, 15 Mar 2011 07:16:20 -0700, Goo wrote:

On 3/14/2011 5:22 PM, dh@. wrote:

they should be able to
figure out that no cattle lived and died because of cat food based on fish.

chortle

Most people should be able to at least figure out that much Goo, even if you
can't figure out how yourself.

How about beef cat food, if there is such? No, probably no cattle live and
die because of beef cat food either.

"Probably" - in other words, you don't have a ****ing clue.

There doesn't appear to be any reason why they should Goob, and as yet we
haven't seen any evidence that any do. How long do you think animals are raised
only to be pet food Goo, do you have any clue?

Parts of some
that live and die do end up in cat food, but it's unlikely that any live and die
because of it.

"Unlikely" - you're just guessing.

So are you Goober. The difference is that I'm honest about it, and you're
not.

You don't have a ****ing clue.

How long do you want people to think cattle are raised just to be pet food
Goob, and why would anyone believe you about it?

Well done, Harrison.

[...]

There are probably no cattle raised for pet food

More wild, unfounded guessing.

It's the same guess Goober.

In fact, the sheer numbers of dogs and
cats, and the sheer quantity of beef they eat, means "probably" there
are cattle raised for pet food. It all depends on what pet owners are
willing to pay for pet food, and when you look at the price of premium
pet food, it's entirely plausible that some animals are, indeed, raised
for pet food.

Maybe some horses, but probably not even them. There is NO REASON to believe
cattle are raised only to be pet food. That means Goober that even if some are,
you STILL haven't given us any reason to believe it.

Do you think that if 93~million cattle feed 309~million people, there's enough
by-product left over to combine with vegetable by-product and feed 78~million
dogs and 94~million cats? I sure do.

You think a lot of crazy ****.

What breeds of cattle do you think are raised just to be pet food and how
long do you think they are raised Goober?

You also think that livestock animals pre-exist,

That's obviously a lie since if I did believe in multiple lives as billions
of people do I would have explained why by now. Instead I've explained that I
consider the possibility but have no true belief about it one way or the other.
You're either too stupid to comprehend in part because you can't imagine it
yourself, or you're dishonestly pretending to be too stupid for whatever
dishonest reasons you decided to pretend to be stupider than you actually are.

and that they can experience complex emotions that they can't.

Any person reading this who has been around animals for any period of time
should be able to give you examples of animals anticipating. If there are any
six year olds with goldfish reading this, please explain to stupid Goobernicus
how you can tell that your fish are able to anticipate. Or if anyone else has an
example of an animal anticipating, please share it so stupid Goo can get exposed
to yet another example of animal enticipation.
Old March 16th 11, 01:58 AM posted to alt.animals.ethics.vegetarian,rec.pets.cats.community,rec.pets.dogs.health
George Plimpton

Default pet food cattle???

****wit David Harrison, criminal breeder of fighting roosters, attempted
unsuccessfully to bull****:

On Tue, 15 Mar 2011 16:43:48 -0400, sighthounds& wrote:

On Thu, 10 Mar 2011 22:18:08 +0000, wrote:
[...]

I don't know;

The answer is:

The answer is, you're a stupid prickcheese for spamming groups having
nothing to do with your ****witted clap-trap. You should honor his
request because he is your intellectual, moral and social better, and
because his request is reasonable, and your ****-4-braincell spamming of
groups is the product of mental illness and vile character.

maybe because you were asked nicely, since this is
off-topic?

It's a good enough topic for these ngs,

It's typical ****wit David Harrison cracker bull****.

Maybe because you're trying to disprove the saying "on the
internet, nobody knows you're an asshole"?

Well, we don't "know" you're an asshole, but

*Everyone* knows you're an asshole, ****wit. You're an asshole, and a
convicted breeder of illegal fighting roosters. You're an inbred,
cornholing stupid cracker.
Old March 16th 11, 02:06 AM posted to alt.animals.ethics.vegetarian,misc.rural,rec.pets.cats.community,rec.pets.dogs.health
George Plimpton

On Tue, 15 Mar 2011 19:16:14 +0000, wrote:

[...]

I don't have a cat. I have a dog,

Dogs enjoy eggs too.

You don't have a clue what dogs like.

but I never feed him
pet food. We always make an extra portion of
whatever vegetarian foods we're eating and give him
that at the same time to stop him bothering us when
we're having ours.

For one thing that's giving in to the dog but it's better than feeding him
from the table, which I feel sure you also do.

Which, of course, you have no reason to believe he does. You're just
attempting to bull****, again.

For another thing dogs are not
vegetarian creatures.

Dogs are omnivores. They are not obligate carnivores.

And for another you shouldn't even have a dog, but instead

You have no moral standing to say if he should or should not have a dog.

But of course, if you're of the
opinion that no animals are raised and killed for pet
food, I'm not going to try changing it.

You already did. If I'm wrong I'd like to find out but so far it doesn't
appear that I am,

It does indeed appear that you are wrong, and in fact, you are wrong.
Old March 16th 11, 04:51 AM posted to alt.animals.ethics.vegetarian,misc.rural,rec.pets.cats.community,rec.pets.dogs.health
dh@.

On Tue, 15 Mar 2011 16:43:48 -0400, sighthounds & siberians wrote:

[...]

The answer is: We have no reason to bow to you.

maybe because you were asked nicely, since this is
off-topic?

It's a good enough topic for these ngs, and it's not our fault that none of
you in the dogs group know or care anything about it. But someone might care and
have something to say about where they think the meat comes from that's in their
dog food, even though you don't.

Maybe because you're trying to disprove the saying "on the
internet, nobody knows you're an asshole"?

LOL! Well, we don't "know" you're an asshole, but it's certainly beginning
to look as though you are. It must take some sort of asshole mentality to try to
tell the world where they should and shoud not post threads about pet food,
especially when even you don't know why we should accept you as our nanny.

Are you a vegan who feeds his poor dog(s) a vegan diet, btw? I ask because
in aaev we have found that only eliminationists have reason to oppose
consideration for the lives of livestock animals.
Old March 16th 11, 05:00 AM posted to alt.animals.ethics.vegetarian,misc.rural,rec.pets.cats.community,rec.pets.dogs.health
dh@.

On Tue, 15 Mar 2011 19:16:14 +0000, Derek wrote:

[...]

from the table, which I feel sure you also do. For another thing dogs are not
vegetarian creatures. And for another you shouldn't even have a dog, but instead
should have him put down so he doesn't have to suffer as your carnivorous
prisoner being restricted to a vegan diet.

But of course, if you're of the
opinion that no animals are raised and killed for pet
food, I'm not going to try changing it.

You already did. If I'm wrong I'd like to find out but so far it doesn't
appear that I am, and I sure don't want to accept something that's wrong for no
reason.

It would be a kindness for your dog and contribute to decent lives for
laying hens if you give him some cage free eggs. It would be a kindness to your
dog and not contribute to any life for livestock if you buy him dog food, or
some sort of organ meat like liver, or kidneys, or heart. Well, it's really a
huge exaggeration to say it would be a "kindness" to feed your dog the sort of
diet that dogs SHOULD be fed, but for one in your poor dog's position it would
sadly be a kindness to him. That poor dog...
Old March 16th 11, 05:03 AM posted to alt.animals.ethics.vegetarian,misc.rural,rec.pets.cats.community,rec.pets.dogs.health
dh@.

On Tue, 15 Mar 2011 14:22:21 -0700, Goo wussed:

dh challenged Goo to explain:

How long do you want people to think cattle are raised just to be pet food Goo,
do you have any clue?

That's another ****wittism

I made you reveal that you have no clue what you think you're trying to talk
about, Goo.
.. . .
What breeds of cattle do you think are raised just to be pet food, and
how long do you think they are raised Goober?

Another ****wittism

I AGAIN made you reveal that you have no clue what you think you're trying
to talk about, Goo.
.. . .
Any person reading this who has been around animals for any period of time
should be able to give you examples of animals anticipating.

Wrong sense of the word

Anticipation is anticipation Goober, even if you truly are too stupid to
comprehend how it possibly could be.

(mental image of the Goober scratching his head and wondering if it's possible
that--somehow--anticipation really could be anticipation...)
..
Old March 17th 11, 12:18 AM posted to alt.animals.ethics.vegetarian,misc.rural,rec.pets.cats.community,rec.pets.dogs.health
dh@.

Goo wrote:

On Tue, 15 Mar 2011 21:00:20 -0700, dh@. pointed out:

For another thing dogs are not vegetarian creatures.

Dogs are omnivores.

LOL! You probably think cattle and horses are too, Goo.
Old March 17th 11, 12:09 PM posted to alt.animals.ethics.vegetarian,misc.rural,rec.pets.cats.community,rec.pets.dogs.health
Char

On 3/15/2011 9:06 PM, George Plimpton wrote:
****wit David Harrison, criminal breeder of fighting roosters, attempted
unsuccessfully to bull****:

For another thing dogs are not
vegetarian creatures.

Dogs are omnivores. They are not obligate carnivores.

Dogs are opportunistic carnivores. That means they will eat other things
when meat is not around but it's not their first choice. Any other diet
besides meat, bones and organ meats will eventually cause medical
problems most of the time.

If dogs were omnivores they would not have carnivorous teeth with no
molars for chewing plant material. They would not have the strong
stomach acid needed for quickly digesting meat. They would not have the
very short digestive track that carnivores have.

http://rawfed.com/myths/omnivores.html

"Dogs (and cats) are equipped with powerful jaw muscles and neck muscles
that assist in pulling down prey and chewing meat, bone, and hide. Their
jaws hinge open widely, allowing them to gulp large chunks of meat and
bone. Their skulls are heavy, and are shaped to prevent lateral movement
of the lower jaw when captured prey struggles (the mandibular fossa is
deep and C-shaped); this shape permits only an up-and-down crushing
motion, whereas herbivores and omnivores have flatter mandibular fossa
that allows for the lateral motion necessary to grind plant matter."

"Dogs do not normally produce the necessary enzymes in their saliva
(amylase, for example) to start the break-down of carbohydrates and
starches; amylase in saliva is something omnivorous and herbivorous
animals possess, but not carnivorous animals. This places the burden
entirely on the pancreas, forcing it to produce large amounts of amylase
to deal with the starch, cellulose, and carbohydrates in plant matter.
Thus, feeding dogs as though they were omnivores taxes the pancreas and
places extra strain on it, as it must work harder for the dog to digest
the starchy, carbohydrate-filled food instead of just producing normal
amounts of the enzymes needed to digest proteins and fats (which, when
fed raw, begin to "self-digest" when the cells are crushed through
chewing and tearing and their enzymes are released).

"Nor do dogs have the kinds of friendly bacteria that break down
cellulose and starch for them. As a result, most of the nutrients
contained in plant matter—even preprocessed plant matter—are unavailable
to dogs. This is why dog food manufacturers have to add such high
amounts of synthetic vitamins and minerals (the fact that cooking
destroys all the vitamins and minerals and thus creates the need for
supplementation aside) to their dog foods. If a dog can only digest
40-60% of its grain-based food, then it will only be receiving 40-60%
(ideally!) of the vitamins and minerals it needs. To compensate for
this, the manufacturer must add a higher concentration of vitamins and
minerals than the dog actually needs."

Old May 24th 11, 05:28 PM posted to alt.animals.ethics.vegetarian,misc.rural,rec.pets.cats.community,rec.pets.dogs.health
Derek

[...]

I don't have a cat. I have a dog, but I never feed him
pet food. We always make an extra portion of
whatever vegetarian foods we're eating and give him
that at the same time to stop him bothering us when
we're having ours. But of course, if you're of the
opinion that no animals are raised and killed for pet
food, I'm not going to try changing it.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nGeKSiCQkPw

Turn speakers on.