A sad anniversary

Old August 13th 12, 07:40 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.community
conniepo

Default A sad anniversary

Yesterday marked the first full year of living in a home without kitties. The once happy "House of Poutre" lost it's last kitty one year ago. Some of you may remember Gonzalez, Tigger, Sweetpea, and Cookie who enjoyed sharing adventures and participating in the annual Sekrit Santa. Sadly, they are all gone now.

I still cannot make the decision to get a new kitty. I suffer from the heartbreak of our losses on a daily basis and I do not want to go thru this again.

I really enjoy this group and will continue to lurk around and read the posts. Please hug all your kitties for me and keep them all safe and healthy (and of course, well fed!).

Connie (aka Auntie Connie)
Old August 13th 12, 08:36 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.community
John Ross Mc Master

On Mon, 13 Aug 2012 11:40:56 -0700 (PDT), conniepo
wrote:

Yesterday marked the first full year of living in a home without kitties. The once happy "House of Poutre" lost it's last kitty one year ago. Some of you may remember Gonzalez, Tigger, Sweetpea, and Cookie who enjoyed sharing adventures and participating in the annual Sekrit Santa. Sadly, they are all gone now.

I still cannot make the decision to get a new kitty. I suffer from the heartbreak of our losses on a daily basis and I do not want to go thru this again.

I really enjoy this group and will continue to lurk around and read the posts. Please hug all your kitties for me and keep them all safe and healthy (and of course, well fed!).

Connie (aka Auntie Connie)

Take on foster kitties for a no-kill shelter. That way they own the
kitties but you get to love them!
Old August 14th 12, 03:17 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.community
Aunti Kyla =^..^=

Yesterday marked the first full year of living in a home without kitties.
The once happy "House of Poutre" lost it's last kitty one year ago.

Some of you may remember Gonzalez, Tigger, Sweetpea, and Cookie who enjoyed
sharing adventures and participating in the annual Sekrit Santa. Sadly, they
are all gone now.

I still cannot make the decision to get a new kitty. I suffer from the
heartbreak of our losses on a daily basis and I do not want to go thru this
again.

I really enjoy this group and will continue to lurk around and read the
posts.

Please hug all your kitties for me and keep them all safe and healthy (and
of course, well fed!).

Connie (aka Auntie Connie)

Take on foster kitties for a no-kill shelter. That way they own the
kitties but you get to love them!

"John Ross Mc Master

Our 4 kitties are loved, hugged, safe and well fed, although they aren't
eating much,
because of our heat spell.
I agree with John Ross Mc Master on this one.
You never get over those losses..I know.
I still feel so bad for you
But, if you can't bring yourself to even foster, get yourself a stuffed
kitty to cuddle with when you need it the most.
Do you still want me to keep sending you the LOLcats and the I can Has
Cheezburgers?

((HUG Auntie Connie))

Kyla aka Aunti Kyla --with MMS

Old August 14th 12, 01:40 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.community
M Patterson

On Monday, August 13, 2012 2:40:56 PM UTC-4, conniepo wrote:
Yesterday marked the first full year of living in a home without kitties. The once happy "House of Poutre" lost it's last kitty one year ago. Some of you may remember Gonzalez, Tigger, Sweetpea, and Cookie who enjoyed sharing adventures and participating in the annual Sekrit Santa. Sadly, they are all gone now.

I still cannot make the decision to get a new kitty. I suffer from the heartbreak of our losses on a daily basis and I do not want to go thru this again.

I really enjoy this group and will continue to lurk around and read the posts. Please hug all your kitties for me and keep them all safe and healthy (and of course, well fed!).

Connie (aka Auntie Connie)

I think everyone can relate to how soul-shattering these losses are. My own once abundant clowder has dwindled to two, aged 13 and 19, and health issues have made it unlikely that there will be more once they are gone.

But I still believe that the time we have together is well worth the pain of loss. And I know that there are so many in need of love and care that a good home is a terrible thing to go to waste.

So, I really like John Ross McMaster's suggestion, if there is any way that you could entertain the idea of fostering it would do so much good for both you and for them.

Hugs and purrs for your broken heart, Connie.

Melissa
Old August 15th 12, 07:18 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.community
conniepo

On Monday, August 13, 2012 2:40:56 PM UTC-4, conniepo wrote:
Yesterday marked the first full year of living in a home without kitties. The once happy "House of Poutre" lost it's last kitty one year ago. Some of you may remember Gonzalez, Tigger, Sweetpea, and Cookie who enjoyed sharing adventures and participating in the annual Sekrit Santa. Sadly, they are all gone now.

I still cannot make the decision to get a new kitty. I suffer from the heartbreak of our losses on a daily basis and I do not want to go thru this again.

I really enjoy this group and will continue to lurk around and read the posts. Please hug all your kitties for me and keep them all safe and healthy (and of course, well fed!).

Connie (aka Auntie Connie)

Yes, please continue to send ... I enjoy the photos!

Connie
Old August 15th 12, 07:21 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.community
conniepo

On Tuesday, August 14, 2012 8:40:21 AM UTC-4, M Patterson wrote:
[...]

I will give it some thought .... I have to discuss with my husband too.
Thanks for the kind words.

Connie
Old September 7th 12, 05:27 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.community
Booker

Weze purr fur yu, efen dough weze furry layte.

Booker, fur hiz fambly

Old September 10th 12, 04:01 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.community
conniepo

On Friday, September 7, 2012 12:27:56 PM UTC-4, Booker wrote:
Weze purr fur yu, efen dough weze furry layte.

Booker, fur hiz fambly

Thank you so much .... it's never too late for kind words!

Connie
Old September 16th 12, 12:40 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.community
Mosey=^..^=[_2_]

On Friday, September 7, 2012 12:27:56 PM UTC-4, Booker wrote:
Weze purr fur yu, efen dough weze furry layte.

Booker, fur hiz fambly

Thank you so much .... it's never too late for kind words!

Connie

We all love you Anti Connie and feel so sad for your losses.
We are all still purring for you, and your husband.

Mosey fur hiz fambly

Old September 18th 12, 07:34 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.community
conniepo

We all love you Anti Connie and feel so sad for your losses.

We are all still purring for you, and your husband.

Mosey fur hiz fambly

Thank you so much Mosey!

Anti Connie

Another sad anniversary Marina Cat anecdotes 31 December 11th 06 09:43 PM
Anniversary JBHajos Cat anecdotes 32 January 28th 05 12:18 PM
A sad anniversary ---MIKE--- Cat health & behaviour 15 August 30th 04 11:02 PM
Sad Anniversary CajunPrincess Cat anecdotes 24 August 14th 04 04:07 PM
A sad anniversary ---MIKE--- Cat health & behaviour 4 August 28th 03 08:53 PM