Okey Doke... I tried Facebook

Old September 15th 17, 04:13 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Magic Mood Jeep[_3_]

Default Okey Doke... I tried Facebook

On Thursday, August 31, 2017 at 7:20:34 PM UTC-4, Jill McQuown wrote:
Sorry, I can't stand it.

snippety snip snip

Jill

Insert sad face here

It's not for everyone (My brother is on it, but very rarely posts/comments. He only joined to get high school reunion info. He emails me instead of commenting on one of my posts LOL)

And I rarely drop in here any more.

Weeble is 14 now !!!!! 14!!!!!! He was a tiny little scrap of black fuzz, no bigger than his head is now. But what an appetite that little bugger had! Well... *still* has LOL

Still very polite, seeming to 'ask' before hopping up on the sofa next to me, and still taking a couple licks of an apple if I have one (Johnny Apllecat!), and is baby-twin sisfur Betty has been getting friendlier and friendlier, and still loves Pringles (she rather likes the sour cream & onion flavor). Don't worry, she only get tiny bits, as they are much too salty for her tiny self.

the DH was out of town a few weeks ago, and since I was by myself, I decided I wanted some artery clogging fast food for dinner. Stopped by Steak and Shake for take-home. Had to pee when I got home, so put the drink and bag of food on the end table, and went to go pee. Get back to the end table and IttyBittyBetty had her head in the bag! Doesn't notice me back, so intent on her prey was she, and I grab her and pull her out (the shocked look on her face was priceless), and she had grabbed a mouthful of their ittybitty fries (about half a dozen)! I just laughed at her, and took them away. OK not all of them, I did let her have 1 or 2, but that bunch she had would have been way to salty and greasy for her! I distributed the others she had to a couple of the others that also like fries, and the dogs - can't forget the dogs!

NL
-----
The ONE and ONLY lefthanded-pathetic-paranoid-psychotic-sarcastic-ditzy former-blonde in Bloomington!
Old September 15th 17, 05:46 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
jmcquown[_2_]

On 9/15/2017 11:13 AM, Magic Mood Jeep wrote:
On Thursday, August 31, 2017 at 7:20:34 PM UTC-4, Jill McQuown wrote:
Sorry, I can't stand it.

snippety snip snip

Jill

Insert sad face here

It's not for everyone (My brother is on it, but very rarely posts/comments. He only joined to get high school reunion info. He emails me instead of commenting on one of my posts LOL)

And I rarely drop in here any more.

Weeble is 14 now !!!!! 14!!!!!! He was a tiny little scrap of black fuzz, no bigger than his head is now. But what an appetite that little bugger had! Well... *still* has LOL

And he was Persia's boyfriend.

[...]

LTNS! MMJ, you're a sight for sore eyes! I can't believe Weeble is 14.
Time flies.

It's too funny about Betty snagging some french fries out of the bag! I
can just picture the look on her face when you caught her. Surprise!

I do wish you'd come back and help keep this ng alive.

Jill
Old September 17th 17, 11:43 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Lesley Madigan

On Friday, September 1, 2017 at 12:20:34 AM UTC+1, Jill McQuown wrote:
Sorry, I can't stand it.

You get used to it. I ignore most of it I just mostly scroll past the news feed and use the notifications to check if anyone has posted anything I might be interested on in any of the groups.

It's a tool-like a lot of people friends and family are now scattered all over the World so it means I can stay in touch with say my dad's sister who is on aged 80, a couple of weeks back someone I hadn't seen in 40 years got in touch so we were chatting about friends from back then and where they are now. one of my oldest friends, Lee, moved down under but comes back every couple of years or so, so he uses FB to organise meeting up with people and we all get together. Another friend a few years back started a group for people who used to go to a certain venue back in the 70's early 80's. That put me in touch with people once again and I made some new friends through it, 2 weeks' ago yesterday I was at the 11th gig organised off the back of that FB page.

I met one of my closest friend through an FB group he was a pillar of strength to me when I lost Dave always around to talk to when I was lonely and we have since met 3 times

As I say it's a tool and I have long since learnt to pick and choose with it

Lesley

Slave of the Fabulous Furballs
Old September 18th 17, 12:47 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Joe W Dee

On Sun, 17 Sep 2017 18:43:44 -0400, Lesley Madigan wrote
(in ):

[...]

I haven't participated much lately although I was a regular contributor years
ago, and my two rescue brothers would be a good reason to chime in now and
then.

This topic interests me because Facebook is a love/hate relationship, but
entirely controllable, depending on who you choose to follow (not friend:
follow) and who you opt out of following.

And as Lesley said, being able to reconnect with friends and relatives from
years ago is a godsend. Cousins I hadn't seen in 50+ years, who we spent
every summer with, have resurfaced, along with years and years of wonderful
memories.

It is doable if you investigate how to control it.

--
Joe W Dee

Old September 30th 17, 01:54 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
cshenk

jmcquown wrote in rec.pets.cats.anecdotes:

Sorry, I can't stand it.

Even with the "add on" Mishi suggested, it's an entirely too busy
interface. I just want to talk to people I know and share stories
and pics of our cats. I don't want to have to block ads and
newsfeeds and all sorts of other crap and who is friends with who
else. Arrgh!

So, if you want to abandon usenet, fine. The usenet RPCA group may
die if you do. I'll just talk with my friends about my cat and share
stories and pictures via email. I don't live for social media. I do
enjoy having online friends who like to share stories about their
cats. Just not on Facebook.

Jill

Same here Jill. I use facebook a bit now but for specific things, like
when a ship returned to home port (work related) and the wxrisk site
(weather specific to our part of the world).

I causally read this group at times and just remembered to come over to
post for names. I'll explain in a second post.