A birthday party!

Old May 14th 19, 01:16 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.community
Dan Mahoney[_2_]

Default A birthday party!

Seeing Sammy and Daisy-chan dancing, Big Mama grabs Jocko and drags him to the dance floor. Tina the raccoon looks longingly at the dance floor, then she follows Big Mama's lead and drags Tony to the dance floor. Tony appears completely clueless as to what to do until Tina whispers in his ear "Just close your eyes, listen to the music, and feel the movement".
Old May 14th 19, 07:27 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.community
Dan Mahoney[_2_]

Francesca see Midnight, Fred, and Sarge each nibbling on a plate of goodies, but trying to hide at the same time. She walks over and introduces herself.

"Hi, guys. I know who you are - I've heard Meowmie and Paw talking about you. You're the kitties who live in the garage, aren't you?"

Midnight: "Um, yes, we are. We don't usually get to talk to inside kitties. They usually just hiss at us."

Frannie: "Well, this is the Community. We like all creatures here. As you can see we've got a couple raccoons in the party, and those squirrels over here, and that really big kitty, Big Mama, is a black panther. We all do our best to get along. I've been trying to find some of the local possums to invite them, but they seem to be doing a really good job of hiding."

Fred: "Yeah, dey do dat. We have a lot of decent hoomins livin around here, but some of the ones that used to live in dis house were purrty nasty people. Da possums gotted scared off and now only come around in da night time."

Sarge: "Well, I kinda know dem, a liddle bit. I talk to dem some times. If you want I'z could tell dem dat they is welcome to come around. DO you fink dere might be food stuff dey could eat somewhere close by dis house?"

Frannie: "Me an Ranger an Sammy can whisper in da hoomin's ears while dey is asleep, and get dem to put possum feeders in da back yard. See dat great big old doggie over there, eating the kitty kibble? Dat's Starr da Dogg. Her is big and her barks a lot, but her is akchooly nice to aminuls. Her only barks to play wif her buddy, Duke, next door. Her would like to meet some possums, and if any possum gets scared, all him would have to do is hiss. Starr da Dogg would then back off right away. Same fur you kitties, too. You are all welcome to come in da back yard any time. Paw is gonna install a critter door in the garage back door, just fur garage kitties and anyone or anyfing else dat needs shelter or foods. So please pass da word!"

Sarge: "Fangu, Miz Francesca".

Francesca then takes Sarge's paw and pulls him on the dance floor.
Old May 16th 19, 02:24 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.community
cshenk

Dan Mahoney wrote:

[...]

Iowna, without a dance purrtner, saunters up to Fred and with a grin,
herds him to the dance floor. He snickers and goes along with it.

She arranges for the next song to be:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Es3Vsfzdr14
Old May 16th 19, 08:47 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.community
House of Stright & friends

[An elderly raccoon gentleman peers through the doorway and looks around until he sees a familiar face.]

Mr. Sammy, happy birthday to you, and kkkongratulations on such a long life! I don't know if you remember me. I am Rocky Raccoon. I was a friend of Rebekkka and I helped her when she was running the Fluffykkkitz warehouse. I hope its okkkay that I stayed on there to kkkeep things running after she....

[Rocky looks down for a moment]

Anyway, I saw that food from the warehouse was being used for your birthday, so I thought you might not mind if I kkkame to the party, bekkkause you were always such a kkkind gentleman kkkitty. If any of your guests aren't kkkomfortable around rakkkoons, I won't stay long. I brought a platter of appetizers that I made from things I gathered myself. Some of them are rakkkoon delikkkacies -- not the usual kkkind of thing that kkkitties eat, but maybe your guests would likkke to try them.

Have you moved? I set the porter kkkoordinates for your house, but this doesn't lookkk likkke the place I remember.

Rocky
Old May 16th 19, 03:03 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.community
Dan Mahoney[_2_]

Hi, Rocky! Yes, I sure do rememfur you - fangs fur coming!

My humans moved us from Chicatgo to Kansas City a few months ago. We'z just getting used to dis new place.

I fink efurryone here is comfortable around raccoons. You might not have noticed Tony and Tina over dere - dey are a couple of da raccoons dat live in dis neighborhood.

And I fang you fur keeping the FluffyKitz warehouse in order and stocked up.. We'z been kind of quiet lately, but I would like to get us busy again. I think dat if one or two younger kitties wanted to get involved, we might be able to develop more of a presence in da Community - like it used to me.

Why don't you sit here? Dis lovely lady cat is Daisy-chan. Daisy, dis is Rocky.
Old May 23rd 19, 03:08 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.community
Dan Mahoney[_2_]

[A shy, somewhat scruffy grey tabby cat sees Francesca standing by the buffet table, and walks over to her.]

Sarge: 'Scuze me, Miz Francesca da Fierce. I know you duzn't know me, but I wunnder if I could ask you to dance?

Francesca: Of course I know you, Sarge. We hafn't had a chance to talk yet since da hoomins don't let me outside or you inside, but I know you. You are quite a handsome mancat! Of course I'll dance wif you.

[The DJ has just started playing a Fats Domino record, so Franny grabs Sarge's paw and leads him to the dance floor, then they both start Twisting.]
Old May 27th 19, 08:00 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.community
cshenk

cshenk wrote:

Dan Mahoney wrote:

[...]

Iowna grins and thanks Fred for being a good sport.

A new song grows in her heart. It is close to her soul. Seems, she is
failing. She is very old for a doggie. She knows few get to be 16 and
she cherishes every moment of her sweet 16 party held last year.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Us-TVg40ExM

(Carol note, she is scheduled for an end of life consult. The
arthritis has her back legs taking the fun out of life. We are trying a
new pain med but she is resistant on eating it).
Old May 28th 19, 07:11 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.community
Mishi[_2_]

On Monday, May 27, 2019 at 3:01:05 PM UTC-4, cshenk wrote:
cshenk wrote:

Dan Mahoney wrote:

[...]

Carol,

Have you tried CBD oil on her? Maybe she will take it. Or, how about getting a pain med compounded in a topical, maybe rubbed into her ears?
Purrs from my gang of kitties!
Mishi
Old May 28th 19, 07:45 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.community
Dan Mahoney[_2_]

[A large, grinning labrador/Ridgeback cross walks up to Iowna.]

I sure hope that you feel ok to hang around wif us for a while longer! We'z hardly getted a chance to meet. I'z Starr. Da kitties in mineown howse usually avoid me cuz I'z kind of clumsy and I soemtimes forget what my tail is doing and it waps da kitties.

It sounds like you'z got a house wif lots and lots of love.

Starr da Dog
Old May 29th 19, 12:45 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.community
cshenk

cshenk wrote:

Dan Mahoney wrote:

[...]

Thank you Mishi, but she is well past any of that. She no longer has
relief from Tramadol.

The Man With No Party Française mangeur de viande de cheval Cat anecdotes 0 February 13th 14 04:04 PM
A party? Mark Edwards Cat anecdotes 4 September 19th 07 10:14 PM
Party [email protected] Cat anecdotes 8 July 13th 05 10:26 PM