Attn - Mooch Fan Club members

Old January 15th 07, 04:02 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Bobcat

Default Attn - Mooch Fan Club members

This is for everyone, but especially for you RPCA folk who enrolled
last year in the Mooch Fan Club. The club is dedicated to our little
tuxie stray who shows up on our veranda for as many as four meals a
day, and in our Canadian winters sleeps in a special chair we've rigged
with blankets and a heating pad we turn on every evening.

Recently Mooch has become less skittish when we go on the veranda with
his food and water. In my case he'll circle around my legs talking to
me - but never comes within touching distance. Except once, when he
turned his back to me. Experimentally I reached down and gently stroked
his side. Startled, be retreated a few feet but returned to the food
immediately after I went inside.

Encouraged by this, the next day when I fed him I took my digital
camera. Until then all my photos of him had been through windows. I
slowly crouched down and took several shots. He looked up, but he
didn't run. Elated, I went inside and checked the pictures. Several
were blurry from movement, but a couple were steady and clear.

I took one photo and zoomed in on his pretty face with Photoshop. I
e-mailed it to "Flippy" in Australia, who had kindly posted a couple of
photo-stories about Mooch on her great kitty website. I suggested that
she replace one of the photos with this new closeup, and she has done
so.

So now, like Norma Desmond in the movie "Sunset Boulevard", you can
see Mooch ready for his closeup!

http://www.flippyscatpage.com/moochsecurity.html

Old January 15th 07, 09:50 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
[email protected]

Bobcat wrote:

So now, like Norma Desmond in the movie "Sunset Boulevard", you can
see Mooch ready for his closeup!

http://www.flippyscatpage.com/moochsecurity.html

He's a beauty! And he seems to be ever-so-slowly warming up to you.

Joyce
Old January 16th 07, 02:36 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Karen

On 2007-01-15 10:02:50 -0600, "Bobcat" said:

[...]

Oooo nice picture!!! Hey, I think in time you will have his complete trust.

Old January 16th 07, 02:55 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Dewi

Thanks for the update and the photo, I was wondering how Mooch was
going. Hopefully he will get even friendlier. Do your other cats like
him?

Dewi

Old January 16th 07, 04:19 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Marina

Bobcat wrote:

So now, like Norma Desmond in the movie "Sunset Boulevard", you can
see Mooch ready for his closeup!

Such a sweet face!

Old January 16th 07, 11:06 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Bobcat

Dewi wrote:
Thanks for the update and the photo, I was wondering how Mooch was
going. Hopefully he will get even friendlier. Do your other cats like
him?
Dewi

"The Girls" only see him through the window in the den facing the
veranda, where I sit at the desk and monitor Mooch while he's munching
and drinking. (Sometimes he's interrupted by other cats or raccoons,
and I rap on the window to scare them off. ) The Girls stare out the
window at him with great interest, but no agitation of any kind. I
think to them it's a kind of "kitty-TV" live reality show.

Old January 16th 07, 03:17 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Kreisleriana

On 15 Jan 2007 08:02:50 -0800, "Bobcat"
yodeled:

[...]

OH MY, what a cutie-face!

Theresa

Make Levees, Not War
Old January 16th 07, 04:10 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Bobcat

Kreisleriana wrote:
OH MY, what a cutie-face!
Theresa

So is Stinky. And like Mooch, he prefers to dress in black and white.
Speaking of our little freeloader, here in Toronto we've had nasty,
freezing rain, snow, and a deepfreeze for the past several days. I've
been rising and going downstairs at 6:00 am as usual to give him his
customary breakfast, but Mooch has changed his schedule. He still
sleeps on the veranda in his heating-padded, blanketed armchair, but
for two days has disappeared in the early morning. Last night he didn't
show up until dinnertime, but made up for it by scarfing down a huge
meal, then an hour later, a second banquet. I've no idea why the
schedule change, but after all, he IS a cat, isn't he? And cats don't
believe in timetables.

Old January 17th 07, 09:03 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
polonca12000

Bobcat wrote:
[...]

You've made a lot of progress! Great pic! Thanks.
Best wishes,
Polonca and Soncek

Old January 22nd 07, 01:58 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Hazel Az

"Bobcat" wrote in message
ups.com...
Kreisleriana wrote:
OH MY, what a cutie-face!
Theresa

So is Stinky. And like Mooch, he prefers to dress in black and white.
Speaking of our little freeloader, here in Toronto we've had nasty,
freezing rain, snow, and a deepfreeze for the past several days. I've
been rising and going downstairs at 6:00 am as usual to give him his
customary breakfast, but Mooch has changed his schedule. He still
sleeps on the veranda in his heating-padded, blanketed armchair, but
for two days has disappeared in the early morning. Last night he didn't
show up until dinnertime, but made up for it by scarfing down a huge
meal, then an hour later, a second banquet. I've no idea why the
schedule change, but after all, he IS a cat, isn't he? And cats don't
believe in timetables.

He is a cutie. Nice pic.

Hazel Az