A cat forum. CatBanter

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Go Back   Home » CatBanter forum » Cat Newsgroups » Cat anecdotes
Site Map Home Register Authors List Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read Web Partners

Furminated



 
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
  #1  
Old December 26th 18, 06:49 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
jmcquown[_2_]
external usenet poster
 
Posts: 7,866
Default Furminated

For a short haired cat Buffy sure has a lot of fur! She has a very
thick undercoat. I just used the Furminator de-shedding tool on her
(she loves it! I highly recommend it). It was long overdue. I swear I
collected almost enough fur to knit another cat.

She always feels so good after this. She purrs like mad. Now she's
batting around a golf-ball sized bright orange whiffle ball and dashing
all over the place. Apparently it feels good to lose that excess fur.

It's not as if she needs a winter coat. We live in southern South
Carolina. The temps are in the 60's (farenheit) here at the end of
December.

Buffy's happy, I'm happy I am not seeing fluffs of fur wafting every
time I pet her. Win win.

Jill
  #2  
Old January 7th 19, 12:17 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Cheryl[_5_]
external usenet poster
 
Posts: 934
Default Furminated

On 2018-12-26 3:19 p.m., jmcquown wrote:
For a short haired cat Buffy sure has a lot of fur!* She has a very
thick undercoat.* I just used the Furminator de-shedding tool on her
(she loves it!* I highly recommend it).* It was long overdue.* I swear I
collected almost enough fur to knit another cat.

She always feels so good after this.* She purrs like mad.* Now she's
batting around a golf-ball sized bright orange whiffle ball and dashing
all over the place.* Apparently it feels good to lose that excess fur.

It's not as if she needs a winter coat.* We live in southern South
Carolina.* The temps are in the 60's (farenheit) here at the end of
December.

Buffy's happy, I'm happy I am not seeing fluffs of fur wafting every
time I pet her.* Win win.


My first long-haired cat was Cinnamon. Is Cinnamon, actually. She's a
gorgeous cat, and quite generous with her fur. This photo doesn't really
do her justice.

http://www.ucs.mun.ca/~cperkins/cinnamon.html

A friend of mine adopted her first long-haired cat a few years back.
Jake is a big fellow - not fat, but tall and long. He can easily stand
on his hind legs and wrap his front paws around a door handle, although
he prefers his slav....humans to open doors for him. And he's got more
fur than Cinnamon does. He lives in a two-story house, and is
particularly good at depositing belly fur on the stair carpet as he goes
up and down.


--
Cheryl
  #3  
Old January 7th 19, 02:09 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
jmcquown[_2_]
external usenet poster
 
Posts: 7,866
Default Furminated

On 1/7/2019 7:17 AM, Cheryl wrote:
On 2018-12-26 3:19 p.m., jmcquown wrote:
For a short haired cat Buffy sure has a lot of fur!* She has a very
thick undercoat.* I just used the Furminator de-shedding tool on her
(she loves it!* I highly recommend it).* It was long overdue.* I swear
I collected almost enough fur to knit another cat.

She always feels so good after this.* She purrs like mad.* Now she's
batting around a golf-ball sized bright orange whiffle ball and
dashing all over the place.* Apparently it feels good to lose that
excess fur.

It's not as if she needs a winter coat.* We live in southern South
Carolina.* The temps are in the 60's (farenheit) here at the end of
December.

Buffy's happy, I'm happy I am not seeing fluffs of fur wafting every
time I pet her.* Win win.


My first long-haired cat was Cinnamon. Is Cinnamon, actually. She's a
gorgeous cat, and quite generous with her fur. This photo doesn't really
do her justice.

http://www.ucs.mun.ca/~cperkins/cinnamon.html

A friend of mine adopted her first long-haired cat a few years back.
Jake is a big fellow - not fat, but tall and long. He can easily stand
on his hind legs and wrap his front paws around a door handle, although
he prefers his slav....humans to open doors for him. And he's got more
fur than Cinnamon does. He lives in a two-story house, and is
particularly good at depositing belly fur on the stair carpet as he goes
up and down.


Beautiful!

Jill
  #4  
Old January 16th 19, 09:57 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Tina[_2_]
external usenet poster
 
Posts: 65
Default Furminated

On 26/12/2018 18:49, jmcquown wrote:
For a short haired cat Buffy sure has a lot of fur!* She has a very
thick undercoat.* I just used the Furminator de-shedding tool on her
(she loves it!* I highly recommend it).* It was long overdue.* I swear I
collected almost enough fur to knit another cat.

She always feels so good after this.* She purrs like mad.* Now she's
batting around a golf-ball sized bright orange whiffle ball and dashing
all over the place.* Apparently it feels good to lose that excess fur.

It's not as if she needs a winter coat.* We live in southern South
Carolina.* The temps are in the 60's (farenheit) here at the end of
December.

Buffy's happy, I'm happy I am not seeing fluffs of fur wafting every
time I pet her.* Win win.

Jill


My girls came with lots of accessories, including a Furminator. I tried
it, but it ruined their coat. They are exotic shorthairs and their coat
is supposed to look like a teddy bear, a soft toy.
What I have to do is groom them every day, and tease apart the undercoat
that they cannot totally maintain themselves because their coat is so
thick and comb it through. They are called "the lazy man's Persian" but
I disagree, they need a great deal of coat and eye care. The Furminator
is a great tool, but it's overkill for my girls. It shouldn't be
required if you groom your cat daily. Not only that, I've never had a
hairball from them, apart from one two days after I got them. Exotics
shed like crazy but Zoom Grooming them daily and combing them has put a
stop to hairballs.
They love the Zoom Grooming, hate the eye care.






  #5  
Old January 18th 19, 11:38 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Lesley Madigan
external usenet poster
 
Posts: 714
Default Furminated

On Wednesday, December 26, 2018 at 6:49:50 PM UTC, Jill McQuown wrote:
For a short haired cat Buffy sure has a lot of fur! She has a very
thick undercoat. I just used the Furminator de-shedding tool on her
(she loves it! I highly recommend it). It was long overdue. I swear I
collected almost enough fur to knit another cat.

She always feels so good after this. She purrs like mad. Now she's
batting around a golf-ball sized bright orange whiffle ball and dashing
all over the place. Apparently it feels good to lose that excess fur.

It's not as if she needs a winter coat. We live in southern South
Carolina. The temps are in the 60's (farenheit) here at the end of
December.

Buffy's happy, I'm happy I am not seeing fluffs of fur wafting every

time I pet her. Win win.

Jill

  #6  
Old January 19th 19, 01:18 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
jmcquown[_2_]
external usenet poster
 
Posts: 7,866
Default Furminated

On 1/18/2019 6:38 PM, Lesley Madigan wrote:
On Wednesday, December 26, 2018 at 6:49:50 PM UTC, Jill McQuown wrote:
For a short haired cat Buffy sure has a lot of fur! She has a very
thick undercoat. I just used the Furminator de-shedding tool on her
(she loves it! I highly recommend it). It was long overdue. I swear I
collected almost enough fur to knit another cat.

She always feels so good after this. She purrs like mad. Now she's
batting around a golf-ball sized bright orange whiffle ball and dashing
all over the place. Apparently it feels good to lose that excess fur.

It's not as if she needs a winter coat. We live in southern South
Carolina. The temps are in the 60's (farenheit) here at the end of
December.

Buffy's happy, I'm happy I am not seeing fluffs of fur wafting every

time I pet her. Win win.

Jill


Petting her, absolute win win. She's so sweet and she purrs very
loudly. Still, getting rid of the undercoat seems to make her feel more
frisky and happy. Me too! I'm not having to run the big sucky monster
as often!

Jill
  #7  
Old January 19th 19, 02:02 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
jmcquown[_2_]
external usenet poster
 
Posts: 7,866
Default Furminated

On 1/16/2019 4:57 AM, Tina wrote:
On 26/12/2018 18:49, jmcquown wrote:
For a short haired cat Buffy sure has a lot of fur!* She has a very
thick undercoat.* I just used the Furminator de-shedding tool on her
(she loves it!* I highly recommend it).* It was long overdue.* I swear
I collected almost enough fur to knit another cat.

She always feels so good after this.* She purrs like mad.* Now she's
batting around a golf-ball sized bright orange whiffle ball and
dashing all over the place.* Apparently it feels good to lose that
excess fur.

It's not as if she needs a winter coat.* We live in southern South
Carolina.* The temps are in the 60's (farenheit) here at the end of
December.

Buffy's happy, I'm happy I am not seeing fluffs of fur wafting every
time I pet her.* Win win.

Jill


My girls came with lots of accessories, including a Furminator.* I tried
it, but it ruined their coat.


So sorry to hear that. Wonder why they included it.

They are exotic shorthairs and their coat
is supposed to look like a teddy bear, a soft toy.


Yes. You do keep saying how exotic they are.

Buffy is as soft as a rabbit. She's not exotic. Just very soft.

What I have to do is groom them every day, and tease apart the undercoat
that they cannot totally maintain themselves because their coat is so
thick and comb it through. They are called "the lazy man's Persian" but
I disagree, they need a great deal of coat and eye care.* The Furminator
is a great tool, but it's overkill for my girls. It shouldn't be
required if you groom your cat daily.


Well, hey, I don't have to groom my cat daily. I'm not prepping her for
a cat show. She loves the Furminator and is more comfortable without
the excess undercoat. Sorry if the Furminator doesn't work for you and
yours.

* Not only that, I've never had a
hairball from them, apart from one two days after I got them. Exotics
shed like crazy but Zoom Grooming them daily and combing them has put a
stop to hairballs.
They love the Zoom Grooming, hate the eye care.

No need for eye care with my cat. Buffy licks her paws and washes her
face and eyes all by herself. No gunky stuff around the eyes to deal
with. No hairballs, either.

I don't care if I can't call my cat an "exotic". She's just a soft
fluffy orange moggie

Jill
 




Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

vB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Forum Jump

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Persia got Furminated! jmcquown[_2_] Cat anecdotes 14 August 9th 10 02:36 PM


All times are GMT +1. The time now is 07:57 PM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.6.4
Copyright ©2000 - 2019, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Copyright 2004-2019 CatBanter.
The comments are property of their posters.