What was the stupidest purchase you've made as a cat slave?

Old April 3rd 04, 11:42 PM

Kreisleriana wrote:

I thought he would love them. I blew a bubble, he watched it, and it
burst on his nose. He freaked, poor little goofball, and he ran away
every time I took them out again.

Awww, poor beastie. Licorice, on the other hand, LOVES soap bubbles
(I don't have the catnip kind - they get plenty of that fresh from my
garden). When I blow bubbles at him, he meows and chirps at them in a
predatory way, and jumps around batting at as many of them as he can.
It's gotten to the point where he'll start chirping if I even open the
drawer where I keep the bubble stuff! (And I do keep other things in
that drawer, but now I feel obliged to blow a few bubbles his way if I
need to get into that drawer for anything else.)

Joyce
Old April 4th 04, 03:10 AM
Tanada

Margaret Fine wrote:

Kind of a long subject line, I know, but was wondering, what was the
stupidest purchase you've ever made as a cat slave? The one item that
you went "Duh!" and hit yourself on the forehead and said why would I
have ever bought that with a cat around?

House plants. Specifically, an Aloe plant that Berfert kept biting into
and which we later found out is caustic to animals. Rob says $500 of
materials to make a cat enclosure, but I think that was more of an
investment in sanity.

Pam S.

Old April 4th 04, 03:14 AM
Sam Nash

"Margaret Fine" wrote in message
link.net...

Sam Nash wrote:
"Yowie" wrote in message
. ..
snipped

I'm kicking myself something aweful for not choosing a more moppable and
less fur collecting floor surface. Then again, if there's no carpet in

the
hosue, where does a self respecting cat go to barf?

To the hoomins' bed, of course!
Smokey

Oh Smokey, I can do you one better. Twice now I have barfed on my paw's
back as he slept in bed. Boy was that fun! You could tell that he
wanted to jump up and get it off of him but Meowmie made him lay there
until she got the worst of it off....

Oliver

OK, Oliver. You win this round, but I accept the challenge to top it!
Smokey

Old April 4th 04, 06:19 AM
LOL

Kreisleriana wrote in message . ..

Dark pants, and I keep doing it.

Theresa

Hee hee. Me too. Though I just can't win, with white Mike, ginger
Ozzy, and brown and black Tiger. They're ready for every possible
outfit.

------
Krista
Old April 4th 04, 10:58 AM
John Biltz

Not long after Maya moved in, I bought a wicker basket for the spare
bathroom to put towels in. Seemed like a nice practical decorating
touch. Maya watched me roll the towels and put it them in there and put
it on the bathroom counter. She jumped up and walked all around the edge
on the wicker. Then she stepped on the towels turning circles, dug
around under them checking them out. Next, she laid down on the towels,
looked at me as if to say "Oooh, I love the new bed you got me" and went
to sleep. Since then its her favorite place to take a nap during the
day. No one is ever going to use those towels.

Old April 4th 04, 08:10 PM
Kreisleriana

On 3 Apr 2004 21:19:10 -0800, (LOL)
yodeled:

Kreisleriana wrote in message . ..

Dark pants, and I keep doing it.

Theresa
alt.tv.frasier FAQ:
http://www.im-listening.net/FAQ/

Hee hee. Me too. Though I just can't win, with white Mike, ginger
Ozzy, and brown and black Tiger. They're ready for every possible
outfit.

------
Krista

Stinky is black and white, so he's ready all by himself. You got
it, he can shed a contrasting color on it.

Theresa

Single-mindedness is all very well in cows or baboons; in an animal
claiming to belong to the same species as Shakespeare it is simply disgraceful.
(Aldous Huxley)
Old April 4th 04, 08:12 PM
Kreisleriana

On Sun, 04 Apr 2004 08:20:44 GMT, O J yodeled:

On Fri, 02 Apr, Kreisleriana wrote:

I'm kicking myself something aweful for not choosing a more moppable and
less fur collecting floor surface. Then again, if there's no carpet in the
hosue, where does a self respecting cat go to barf?

Yowie

In my shoe, of course.

On the keyboard!

Whoa! Computer or piano?

Old April 4th 04, 09:01 PM
JoJo

How nice of you to decorate just for the Maya! What a kind mommy you
are.
Mine would do the same, except I think the towels would be all through the
house at some point.

JoJo

Old April 8th 04, 07:38 PM
dsh-diva

On Thu, 01 Apr 2004 19:07:25 GMT, Margaret Fine
wrote:

Kind of a long subject line, I know, but was wondering, what was the
stupidest purchase you've ever made as a cat slave? The one item that
you went "Duh!" and hit yourself on the forehead and said why would I
have ever bought that with a cat around?

My dumbest thing was recently. I bought some new lamps and shades. The
shades do not have a harp but balance on the bulb. DUH! It only took
Oliver about 20 seconds to show me the error of my ways and almost start
a fire as he rubbed against the shade, caused it to tilt against the
bulb, and smoke to start spiraling upward.

Besides the various cat trees and beds that are totally ignored, my
stupidest purchase was a beautiful floral needlepoint rug. Callisto
has torn it up in about 14 different places. Jennie